MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
affendi osman

MAB New Business Class Seat on All Existing 15 A333 from 1 April 2016

Prices are low compared to SQ, but seeing some video reviews online and comparing.. U do realise also that the standard of product and service is quite different.. E.g single meal linen tray service versus table service and course by course on SQ.. Complete lie flat on SQ, albeit diagonal coupled with direct aisle access for all long haul types.. This EK is comparable to the regional J class product found on B773/B772 and A333 at SQ.. Nothing really special IMO.. Only the price 😊

Latest Update from MH hangar

e1_zpsurnitoci.jpg

#Pic 1 - Installation proccess

e4_zps5sxz9aol.jpg

#Pic 2 - New flat-bed seat

e5_zps138emcge.jpg

#Pic 3 - On the right we can see new 16-inch touch screen

e2_zpspkpwq7rx.jpg

#Pic 4 - EY Premium ( 2 - 4 - 2) total 16 seats

Edited by M. Sofian H.

Good to see MH working hard to upgrade its product offerings - they need to be more competitive on both the hard and soft product to be able to compete on the regional routes. Up and coming airline, VN is becoming a threat and MH had better watch out!

And tons of people will still patronizing them thanks to their extensive marketing.....despite their hardware being sub par compared to other ME2 and other 5 stars airlines.

Much truth in that

Nic flew LHR-KUL-BKI on MH recently - most pax were able to stretch out across empty rows of seats he said

On same day, my nephew flew BHX-DXB-KUL-BKI on EK/MH - flights were packed to the rafters and he paid something like 300 quid more

:pardon:

This is a computer render, so changes were expected.

Question - does anyone know what will happen to the previously installed seats? Resold? Repurposed?

Is the previous seats is too big to be installed in 738?

I seriously hope that MH can install atleast angled lie flat seat onboard 738..especially ETOPS aircraft that fly as far as DRW,NRT,BOM.

This is a computer render, so changes were expected.

Question - does anyone know what will happen to the previously installed seats? Resold? Repurposed?

Is the previous seats is too big to be installed in 738?

I seriously hope that MH can install atleast angled lie flat seat onboard 738..especially ETOPS aircraft that fly as far as DRW,NRT,BOM.

MH will most probably retain some of the previous seats for training purpose. Others will be sold as inventory to other airlines ie. charter airlines.

The previous gen J class will be too big and heavy for narrow body like B737/A320, unless MH goes for 1-1 configuration. Also putting a full fledged J class on 4 hours flight is a bit over the top. Re-do it to become regional J class will be expensive though.

I know ICN will get this reconfigured plane in Oct...and that only 1 is being retrofitted now...but any chance of it being cycled on KUL-ICN-KUL before Oct? Anyway of tracking the pattern?

I know ICN will get this reconfigured plane in Oct...and that only 1 is being retrofitted now...but any chance of it being cycled on KUL-ICN-KUL before Oct? Anyway of tracking the pattern?

No known information as yet... but as always, we'll never know when MH will spring a surprise or two.

Also putting a full fledged J class on 4 hours flight is a bit over the top. Re-do it to become regional J class will be expensive though.

BKI-NRT is about 6 hours flight...

BKI-NRT is about 6 hours flight...

As I mentioned, not that MAB doesn't want to plunk those seats on B737, those big J class seats are meant for widebody aircraft only. Can't imagine those seats taking up all the available walking space.

Hopefully MAB can base some A333 at BKI then we may have some luck with new J class. CM did mention de-hubbing KLIA.

When is -MTL due out of the hangar, I thought SYD flight were due to commence on 23/3?

The official launch of the new business seat is tomorrow.

Congratulations MAB on the launch.

Hope the new product will come with new service delivery.

(Like can they not put the whole duvet, seat covers on the seat upon boarding? It is so annoying having to throw away those things in order to sit down)

The placards mention shoulder belt... is the shoulder belt separate from the seat belt ie you can detach it during cruise?