MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
affendi osman

MAB New Business Class Seat on All Existing 15 A333 from 1 April 2016

But why would you fudge it? In the grand scheme of all things airline - this news, if we are honest with ourselves, is actually not particularly noteworthy

It was pretty newsworthy when one airline asked people to not "do it" in their suites... :p

It was pretty newsworthy when one airline asked people to not "do it" in their suites... :p

Yes it was, and coincidentally, someone asked about it (doing it) again THIS VERY WEEK ! :D (on flyertalk)

Edited by Suzanne Goh

Config looks like LX. But the pics remind me of ANA 787 seats.

LX will continue with the same types of seats for their new 777s, which is basically an acknowledgement that it is hard to improve upon.

Unfortunately Swiss decided on 10 abreast for Y class... :finger:

11219088_823124784467383_293402423738870

Those in London, you can get a preview of the seat at the World Travel Market

Unfortunately, this event is not open to public. Entry is strictly by invitation and pre registration only. And it runs from 2 Nov until 5 Nov only (weekdays) until 6 pm.

Oh no. Don't they know how to launch a product?

It should have been done exclusively! :finger:

1) Make announcements on the media about the launching for a period of few weeks

2) Invite all CNN, BBC, Aljazeera, Channel News Asia bla bla bla. Invite Tony and Goh Choon Pong too. Hehe

3) Invite corporate customers and priority passengers

4) Boom! On the spotlights. Focus on the seats on stage!

5) Christoph up on the podium and start the opening speech.

6) Christoph does demo and explain EVERY single feature of the seat

7) Headlines on the news the next day

8) Only then you upload the seats on the website!

Apa laaaa....

Lolx...T Azahan, Lolx!! You don't expect MH to pull an extravaganza unveiling ceremony like Apple right?? Cannot la...

I don't think the current J class can't be easily installed in B738, too much re-wiring and downtime. Plus it will significantly reduce the B738 J class seat count. MH can sell them to charter airlines or movie production house. If they sell some, I won't mind to buy a pair and put them at my home.

Also there isn't much customisation MH can do because of the lead time. Note that they installation will start in April 2016 till Sept 2016. Six months for 15 aircraft is quite a stretch, they need to place their order now to be ready for next year installation. Maybe we will be an improved version on A350.

Edited by JuliusWong

Nope! I expect MH to pull an extravaganza! Once. Let the world knows. Shelf or customized product is secondary.

They want to do it, they better do it well.

Was hoping that they pick up something like JAL skysuite 2-2-2 with direct aisle access for all seats... Maybe this new seats availability is there and they can install it soonest unlike the more popular ones, CX/AA J cabin styles.

Nope! I expect MH to pull an extravaganza! Once. Let the world knows. Shelf or customized product is secondary.

They want to do it, they better do it well.

Nah, in Malaysia everything is half baked effort. Hot hot chicken sh*t as they said...CM is learning very fast on Malaysia culture...:p

Congratulations MAB. The new product looks very promising and I must say I really like the colour scheme. Very classy.

I hope there will be some improvement in the catering department to match their new product.

Was hoping that they pick up something like JAL skysuite 2-2-2 with direct aisle access for all seats... Maybe this new seats availability is there and they can install it soonest unlike the more popular ones, CX/AA J cabin styles.

I would always choose 4 or 5 abreast over 6 abreast in business class. Of the European airlines, Swiss is practically the only choice for me.

But of course as a senator, I get to choose the throne seats.

I would always choose 4 or 5 abreast over 6 abreast in business class. Of the European airlines, Swiss is practically the only choice for me.

That's the kicker - as SEN or HON - you'll get to pick 4/6/8/10A , which like the starboard singles on MH's plane, are as you correctly pointed out, the throne seats. In those, sure, i'd say it was a nice enough ride.

And that is the answer to the question i posed earlier: the reason you don't see port side pictures of this cabin here is because MH has omitted to show seats that would be identical to the 5/7/9/11K on the LX 333 - which is, as you know, jammed up against the wall, and is IMHO pretty awful.

In MH case i was hoping that they will not reduce their J seats significantly if they maintain with 2-2-2 conf but with all direct aisle access.. Now with only 27 seats probability of my success rate for MHUpgrade getting smaller

Edited by nrazmoor

I think 27J/263Y is nice for short to regional route.

Comparing to regional peers:

SQ: 30J/255Y 2-2-2 Angle-flat seats with 172 degrees recline. 60 inch seat pitch

TG: 36J/263Y 2-2-2 Angle-flat seats with 131 degrees recline. 58 inch seat pitch

GA: 36J/215Y 2-2-2 Full flat seats with 180 degrees recline. 74 inch seat pitch

MH: 27J/263Y 1-2-2 or 1-2-1 Full flat seats with 180 degrees recline. 76 inch seat pitch

MH has indeed a very competitive J hard product in place now.

Edited by JuliusWong

How long does it take to complete this upgrade?

5 months for all 15 A330s according to one of the articles I read (AusBT I think).