MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jamie H

British Airways Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 27 May 2015 and with B787-9 from 5 December 2015

If we're calling MH and LCC because of their meals and service on regional routes, we're forgetting that BA is worse.

For the most part, you won't be fed on intra-Euro flights. In J you get the same Y seat on narrowbodies with the middle seat blocked. Their Y baggage allowance is stingier than MH's. They even offer hand luggage-only fares on intra-Euro flights, which is just a clever way of charging for bags.

Am I pleased that MH is making all sorts of cutbacks? Definitely not. But if we're talking about the reason behind BA not wanting to codeshare with MH because of the latter acting like an LCC, note that BA codeshares with Airberlin. Now that airline is more like an LCC ;)

If mh regional main competitors are aa, ua, lh, af or alike, few if any pax would nit picking.

Yes I had the same issue reading the rest of the article. Perhaps it was not meant to be released yet. But the "England" did not sound right either. We'll wait and see. I just flew BA on LHR-JFK-LHR and it was on their old B744 which has seen better days but the cabin crew made up for the lack of newer product on this sector which was extremely packed.

I've read it is confirmed 27 /5 /2015, with 4 class 772 and daily flights. No word of a tag on

1234567 LHR KUL 2015# 1600 BA 33

1234567 KUL LHR 2305# 0525 BA 34

I've read it is confirmed 27 /5 /2015, with 4 class 772 and daily flights. No word of a tag on

Pinch me. I must be dreaming.

Pinch me. I must be dreaming.

Yup it is real alright

Untitled_zps1ca74b78.jpg

BA to return to KL
Published: 17/09/2014
British Airways is set to resume its daily London – Kuala Lumpur service from May 27, 2015.
The service will depart from Heathrow’s Terminal 5 and be operated by a four-class Boeing 777-200ER aircraft, featuring 12 seats in First, 48 in Club World, 32 in World Traveller Plus and a further 127 in World Traveller.
From KL, travellers will have countless options for onward travel in the region and beyond with oneworld partner Malaysia Airlines.

More at http://www.businesstraveller.asia/asia-pacific/news/ba-to-return-to-kl

I won't be very happy if MH1/2 are being sacrificed. :sorry:

I won't be very happy if MH1/2 are being sacrificed. :sorry:

you mean 2/3. Agree - I would be unhappy if that happened. But I think that early morning slot is coming from MH2 (hope not :( ) though. I want BA back but for free :)

Edited by Suzanne Goh

All I wish for Christmas is BA to return to KUL.

BA mentioned in many of its recent interviews that Asia is its main focus for growth. Seoul and Chengdu are derived from this initiative.

In a recent BBC produced 'A Very British Airline' reality tv series, BA mentioned that China is its prime target and that they wished to open 4-5 new destinations in the country alone, as more wealth and wealthy travellers emerge over there.

BA has some 42 B787s in the fleet and on firm orders.

So I guess, KUL is still having a chance, provided that we are moving towards the 'wealth' requirement as they determined. Malaysia's population is growing and we are getting richer, so there will be a day when KUL becomes too hard to be ignored. I think a daily B787 is perfect for the mission, especially if it carries along codeshare travellers to Australia/New Zealand on MH, or at least a tag on to CGK like in the olden days. Ignoring KUL and CGK in say year 2025 would be totally stupid on their part.

Finally, it is happening!

My Christmas wish comes true. Thank you Santa.

Surprised that it is a DAILY service without any tag on.

screenshot-www.facebook.com 2014-09-17 16-18-19.png

Maybe they're working with MH for a codeshare. It'd be difficult to sustain a daily terminating service without further connection for an European carrier

Would BA change the tagging to SYD from KUL instead of SIN? I guess if they would choose KUL as their transit point. Most importantly MH is the OW partner.

Next is to work with Qantas and get all the timings right. There is a big opportunity to make all this work, taking away business from Changi.

Next is to work with Qantas and get all the timings right. There is a big opportunity to make all this work, taking away business from Changi.

Why can't BA pax feed into MH's Aussie services?