MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jamie H

British Airways Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 27 May 2015 and with B787-9 from 5 December 2015

To be honest - it is a busy week for travel regardless of carrier or route because of Eid. I flew BA26 HKG LHR last night and it was completely full in all 4 classes except 1 Y seat. Let's see if BA can keep this up long term performance in KUL. Hope they can.

Since MAR has made effort to balik kampung for Raya, I guess this thread here as good as any to extend festive greetings to our Muslim friends present !

Blessed RAYA to all :)

Thank you for your observation Mohd. Azizul. BA 33/34 is operated by WW crew (hence they are rather senior). The only SE Asia flight operated by the MF crew is BA 15/16 (LHR-SIN-SYD) and I usually feel really old compared to the MF crew :p.

Like Suzanne said, it's Eid and peak summer ex-Europe - so it will be full regardless. And BA better be full - it's a hub to hub route! Even LH which at times struggle with LH 782/783 is full this week.

By the way, seem like BA is starting B789 services to KUL earlier.

From 05 DEC 2015 (06 DEC 2015 for BA 34):

BA033 18:50 LHR - KUL 15:20+1 D 789

BA034 23:45 KUL - LHR 05:25+1 D 789

Thank you for your observation Mohd. Azizul. BA 33/34 is operated by WW crew (hence they are rather senior). The only SE Asia flight operated by the MF crew is BA 15/16 (LHR-SIN-SYD) and I usually feel really old compared to the MF crew :p.

Like Suzanne said, it's Eid and peak summer ex-Europe - so it will be full regardless. And BA better be full - it's a hub to hub route! Even LH which at times struggle with LH 782/783 is full this week.

By the way, seem like BA is starting B789 services to KUL earlier.

From 05 DEC 2015 (06 DEC 2015 for BA 34):

BA033 18:50 LHR - KUL 15:20+1 D 789

BA034 23:45 KUL - LHR 05:25+1 D 789

With 6 hrs in between can they do some regional flt? HKT, CGK, LGK or or bit further dps perhaps?

With 6 hrs in between can they do some regional flt? HKT, CGK, LGK or or bit further dps perhaps?

Why would they? It will dilute KUL's yields and will increase crew cost tremendously (and KUL is operated by WW crew nonetheless). CGK didn't work for LH due to crew cost.

This is what £2,500 buys you on British Airways' new Dreamliner: Carrier unveils swanky designs of its latest first-class cabin

1. The planes will debut at the end of September with flights to Delhi, followed by Abu Dhabi and Muscat in November

2. With just eight seats, the carrier's new first class cabins aim to offer the ultimate luxury for its wealthy customers

3. Guests can charge their phone from their seats and enjoy split-screen entertainment on a 23inch TV

Full report and pix:

This is what £2,500 buys you on British Airways' new Dreamliner: Carrier unveils swanky designs of its latest first-class cabin

Meh. When BA had its weekly Thursday specials it was about one third of the price. But sadly their weekly Thursday specials have been canceled due to overwhelming response :(

Meh. When BA had its weekly Thursday specials it was about one third of the price. But sadly their weekly Thursday specials have been canceled due to overwhelming response :(

What are you talking about? It hasn't reached THIS thursday yet........ :p Tell me tomorrow :D

BA has received its first B789 on 30 September 2015 and in about 1 month from today, it will be used on the daily KUL service.

The making of BA's first B789 in timelapse.

Me too. In mid January. Hopefully not too full house (99% load factor with 3 pax on jumpseats) like on my previous flight with them during last Hari Raya.

3 days coundown before the arrival of Speedbird 789 to KUL. Exciting time ahead!

2015-12-05 London (LHR) Kuala Lumpur (KUL) B789 (G-ZBKD) 18:50 PM GMT - 15:20 PM MYT

On time arrival for the first revenue service on BA's B787-9

web.jpg

This beauty never flown anywhere else commercially before? It is an honour for KUL!

Edited by J. Suri

Still, for an aircraft which was delivered on 24 November 2015, it is indeed very very new. Just about 11 days into service when it was assigned to perform this flight. Thanks guys for the coverage of the arrival!

Nice catch guys!! I chat with some of the BA crews at DoubleTree by Hilton at Jalan Ampang the other day. They were checking in after their arrival. What a bunch of classy and friendly crew they have......

Nice catch guys!! I chat with some of the BA crews at DoubleTree by Hilton at Jalan Ampang the other day. They were checking in after their arrival. What a bunch of classy and friendly crew they have......

The LH crew stay there as well. I once saw both BA and LH crews in the lobby at the same time. Interesting sight :p