MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jamie H

British Airways Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 27 May 2015 and with B787-9 from 5 December 2015

Daily flight Details:

Outbound - BA033

Depart Heathrow Terminal 5 at 8:15pm - arrive Kuala Lumpur at 4:00pm (12 hours 45 minutes flight time)

Inbound – BA034

Depart Kuala Lumpur at 11.05pm - arrive Heathrow, Terminal 5 at 5:25am (13 hours 20 minutes flight time)

It says potential Boeing 787-9 service to be introduced in summer 2016 in the attached promotional leatlet :good:

BA mentioned in many of its recent interviews that Asia is its main focus for growth. Seoul and Chengdu are derived from this initiative.

In a recent BBC produced 'A Very British Airline' reality tv series, BA mentioned that China is its prime target and that they wished to open 4-5 new destinations in the country alone, as more wealth and wealthy travellers emerge over there.

BA has some 42 B787s in the fleet and on firm orders.

So I guess, KUL is still having a chance, provided that we are moving towards the 'wealth' requirement as they determined. Malaysia's population is growing and we are getting richer, so there will be a day when KUL becomes too hard to be ignored. I think a daily B787 is perfect for the mission, especially if it carries along codeshare travellers to Australia/New Zealand on MH, or at least a tag on to CGK like in the olden days. Ignoring KUL and CGK in say year 2025 would be totally stupid on their part.

It says potential Boeing 787-9 service to be introduced in summer 2016 in the attached promotional leatlet :good:

I can't think of an aircraft more perfect than a 2 classes 787 for KUL. A daily 4 classes B772 to KUL might be a bit too premium and too big a capacity don't you think so?

Does AF still send their 4 classes B772 to KUL?

I can't think of an aircraft more perfect than a 2 classes 787 for KUL. A daily 4 classes B772 to KUL might be a bit too premium and too big a capacity don't you think so?

BA's 787 is 3 class.

Oh ok. I thought it is just J and Y. There's W too apparently.

The entire longhaul fleet has World Traveller Plus - the only ones not equipped are the short haul and midhaul ex BD birds.

A daily 4 classes B772 to KUL might be a bit too premium and too big a capacity don't you think so?

Yes. AF made the exact same mistake too.

No. They now send their 3-class 772.

BA's 787 is 3 class.

Oh ok. I thought it is just J and Y. There's W too apparently.

BA 787-9 will have 8 First Class seats too besides J, W and Y.

If flights to the UK is less than say...2500...I wanna visit London and Europe again...darn it...you just can't beat D7 return for 1599...haiz...those were the days...

You can do KL-Europe return for less than 2.5k. Check at klm.com.

Outbound - Monday 20 July 2015
23:05

20 Jul 05:25

21 Jul Kuala Lumpur Heathrow (London) BA0034

British Airways World Traveller

Inbound - Monday 27 July 2015
18:40

27 Jul

13:35

28 Jul Heathrow (London) Hong Kong BA0025

British Airways World Traveller 16:00

28 Jul 19:50

28 Jul Hong Kong Kuala Lumpur BA4561

Cathay Pacific Airways

Economy

Total MYR 3,973......

The was a few changes:

1. The service is going to start on 27 May 2015. Earlier on, it was announced that it will start on 22 May 2015. A delay by 5 days.

2. The inaugural flight from LHR, will depart at 18.45 and will arrive in KUL at 14.35 on 28 May 2015. This timing is about 1.5 hours earlier than the timing of the normal schedule from 28 May 2015 onwards i.e. departure LHR at 20.15 and arrival in KUL at 16.05.

I think the special timing for the inaugural flight is to accommodate a special reception event at KLIA on that day.

The was a few changes:

1. The service is going to start on 27 May 2015. Earlier on, it was announced that it will start on 22 May 2015. A delay by 5 days.

2. The inaugural flight from LHR, will depart at 18.45 and will arrive in KUL at 14.35 on 28 May 2015. This timing is about 1.5 hours earlier than the timing of the normal schedule from 28 May 2015 onwards i.e. departure LHR at 20.15 and arrival in KUL at 16.05.

I think the special timing for the inaugural flight is to accommodate a special reception event at KLIA on that day.

I guess to accommodate the long awaited return of BA to KUL.

Bro, BA has always said that the start date was 27th may 2015... The timings may have changed but the date is the same ..

Looking forward to their return though

27 is the inaugural Speedbird 33 from LHR arriving at 1435 - anyone heading down to catch the action?

If anyone is around on the weekend of the 31st - the inbound BA33 (departed 30th LHR) will be operated by my "khai cheh" (kakak angkat) - not my thing to go stand by the side of the runway though :)

The inaugural flight will depart in 5 hours.

The countdown begins.

Malaysia, British Airways is returning!!!

BA KUL Inaugural.PNG