MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jamie H

British Airways Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 27 May 2015 and with B787-9 from 5 December 2015

1 minute ago, Craig said:

BA just announced they will return to KUL and BKK beginning 10NOV24. Flight schedule for BA33/34:

BA33 LHR2045 - 1730+1KUL 789 D

BA34 KUL2315 - 0520+1LHR 789 D

Interesting that they’ll resume KUL during winter (the softest demand for travel between UK and Malaysia is between November and late February, minus Xmas/NY). Good to hear nonetheless!

Competition is a good thing. Perhaps will inspire MH to fix there never ending broken and deflating J seats as well as the IFE/WIFI that has many issues and often fails. A few people I know as well as myself endured such issues over a 4 day period on the same aircraft (9M-MAD) and yes it made me mad!

Great news, maybe the MAHB report is not a fantasy as we thought! Waiting for Iberia and QF now! :) 

On 3/5/2024 at 6:01 PM, Robert said:

Competition is a good thing. Perhaps will inspire MH to fix there never ending broken and deflating J seats as well as the IFE/WIFI that has many issues and often fails. A few people I know as well as myself endured such issues over a 4 day period on the same aircraft (9M-MAD) and yes it made me mad!

MH offers free wifi but it's 50/50 whether you can use it. BA offers paid wifi but their yin yang seats are bad. I prefer my TK 333/77W seats without cubby holes with slow wifi ;) Oh and I flew MTE, MHConnect sticker was there, but broken. Very on point for MH :)

14 hours ago, Craig said:

MH offers free wifi but it's 50/50 whether you can use it. BA offers paid wifi but their yin yang seats are bad. I prefer my TK 333/77W seats without cubby holes with slow wifi ;) Oh and I flew MTE, MHConnect sticker was there, but broken. Very on point for MH :)

MH Wifi on the 350 to London worked quite well but it failed (along with IFE) on the way home. Statistically I dont know how many issues they have but there is a lot of chatter about it on various groups. 

I really don't have an issue with the TK old 777 seats and seems that people have a melt down if they down and wall and door around their seat.
Perhaps its because I was so used to flying to the MH 744 to/from LHR on the upper deck on the recliner seats that privacy doesn't really bother me.

7 minutes ago, Robert said:

I really don't have an issue with the TK old 777 seats and seems that people have a melt down if they down and wall and door around their seat.
Perhaps its because I was so used to flying to the MH 744 to/from LHR on the upper deck on the recliner seats that privacy doesn't really bother me.

That is true. I can live with having a neighbor but I detest a cubby hole. TK 777s are perfect for sleeping, especially for TK 60/61 schedule. Both flights require pax to sleep to avoid jet lag (maybe a bit less on TK60). I know a lot of people sing praises on SQ seats but the non-bulkhead seats are horrible for anyone >175cm. The cubby hole for your feet is neither here nor there and I have to arch my back when I sleep.

MH 744 oh wow. Haven't been on that in a while. Those were pretty bad. I guess the closest seat I've sat on that resembles MH 744/772 are TG's 772 which they still use occasionally for KUL. Back then it was TG 772/744, MH 772/744 and SQ's Skybed on their 77E/744. All variations of one another. 

39 minutes ago, Craig said:

That is true. I can live with having a neighbor but I detest a cubby hole. TK 777s are perfect for sleeping, especially for TK 60/61 schedule. Both flights require pax to sleep to avoid jet lag (maybe a bit less on TK60). I know a lot of people sing praises on SQ seats but the non-bulkhead seats are horrible for anyone >175cm. The cubby hole for your feet is neither here nor there and I have to arch my back when I sleep.

MH 744 oh wow. Haven't been on that in a while. Those were pretty bad. I guess the closest seat I've sat on that resembles MH 744/772 are TG's 772 which they still use occasionally for KUL. Back then it was TG 772/744, MH 772/744 and SQ's Skybed on their 77E/744. All variations of one another. 

I don't mind the cubby hole as its desired as long as its not cramped. If you get lucky a have a Q Suite then Im very happy with it. Not a fan of the SQ seats and the bulkheads are hard to get. The kiasu fan club groups seem to think they are best ever. Im sure it's because they can eat carrot cake or other hawker whilst sitting at an angle.

As for the MH 747's these were big recliner chairs and many hours of broken sleep was had with them. Have Laos met many interesting people on teh long journey, especially some flying LHR-KUL-SYD.

As for TK their new cubby hole seats are the same as the SQ regional which are like narrow coffins. The old seats which many dislike have great legroom and pretty comfortable.

11 hours ago, Timothy said:

here's to hoping for a BA lounge in KUL.

Highly doubt it. I think MAHB didn't renew the lease for all individual airline lounges except for MH understandably. When KUL opened in 1998, there was supposed to be a joint QF-BA lounge. Not too sure if it ever opened tho. 

A more likelier outcome is a Star Alliance lounge since Star has quite a big presence at KUL. If any oneworld individual airline lounge were to (re)open, it'd be CX. Would love a QR lounge but that means MH will have to pay QR tons of money when everyone flying J is going to their lounge 🤣

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Highly doubt it. I think MAHB didn't renew the lease for all individual airline lounges except for MH understandably. When KUL opened in 1998, there was supposed to be a joint QF-BA lounge. Not too sure if it ever opened tho. 

A more likelier outcome is a Star Alliance lounge since Star has quite a big presence at KUL. If any oneworld individual airline lounge were to (re)open, it'd be CX. Would love a QR lounge but that means MH will have to pay QR tons of money when everyone flying J is going to their lounge 🤣

QR could restrict it to only their eligible passengers 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

QR could restrict it to only their eligible passengers 

I don't believe QR has such restrictions in any of their lounges but doesn't mean they can't start. There are quite a few MH J pax at their SIN/BKK lounge as it is, but of course opening one at KUL would mean much more MH J pax. It appears that MAHB wants the lounge revenue to themselves now so there are no individual airline lounges. Maybe that's why PPL have to move to the main concourse instead of the C gates where most of their pax will depart from.

6 hours ago, Craig said:

I don't believe QR has such restrictions in any of their lounges but doesn't mean they can't start. There are quite a few MH J pax at their SIN/BKK lounge as it is, but of course opening one at KUL would mean much more MH J pax. It appears that MAHB wants the lounge revenue to themselves now so there are no individual airline lounges. Maybe that's why PPL have to move to the main concourse instead of the C gates where most of their pax will depart from.

This is a major issue for the landlord to compete with tenants; landlord could choose the best location for itself. Due to monopoly mentality, service, choice and price is often not the best.