MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jamie H

British Airways Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 27 May 2015 and with B787-9 from 5 December 2015

BA is sending their B77W to KUL with a departure from LHR tonight. Wonder why they are using a B77W instead. Just for the spotters information.

G-STBH will do BA33 and will arrive at KUL tomorrow... Need to make another trip to Sepang to catch this one!

Extra loads perhaps. The B77W has 299 seats vs 216 seats on the B789.

Oh god. I'm extremely unlucky as I'm taking this fight tonight. Give me the 789! The 77W is so boring. I'm praying hard hoping that they'll swap it back to a 789 tonight.

I am on Y+ so there is no difference in the hard product itself, but still I want my Dreamliner.

British Airways Launches Special Fares For Travellers From Malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 10 (Bernama) -- British Airways has launched special fares in conjunction with the arrival of its new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

In a statement today, British Airways said the plane commenced operations from Dec 6 on the KL-London-KL route.

"The offer period is from Dec 3 until Jan 6, 2016 for travel on selected British Airways flights.

"The advertised return fare offers are valid for departures from Dec 6 to May 27, 2016," it said.

British Airways said the special return fares on World Traveller economy class started from RM3,370, World Traveller Plus premium economy from RM5,709, Club World business class from RM12,799 and First from RM27,099.

Its Head of Asia-Pacific sales, Robert Williams, said the aircraft would become a mainstay of the airline's fleet over the next few years.

"The Dreamliner is a tremendous, innovative aircraft which sets new standards for environmental performance and operating efficiency.

"It is part of a 5 billion (approximately RM32 billion) investment programme to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground," he said.

Extra loads perhaps. The B77W has 299 seats vs 216 seats on the B789.

It just clicked on my mind that today is the last day of the off peak period pricing ex-LHR.

Any idea what they will be sending for Saturday? Family will be off to LHR on that flight!

B789 (G-ZBKD)

BA33 tonight is a B789 (G-ZBKC), not a B77W. Total pax checked in 183.

F = 8/8

J = 25/42

W = 39/39

Y = 111/127

Total = 183/216

Load factor = 84.72%

F = 8/8

J = 25/42

W = 39/39

Y = 111/127

Total = 183/216

Load factor = 84.72%

The demand is indeed there for premium cabins. Y class as well....Good to know there is strong demand for KUL-LHR.

F = 8/8

J = 25/42

W = 39/39

Y = 111/127

Total = 183/216

Load factor = 84.72%

Just got off this flight. We arrived 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time.

I did also pay a visit to the cockpit. I spoke to one of the pilots and found out that the Boeing 789 didn't do the LHR-KUL flight at maximum payload.

Just got off this flight. We arrived 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time.

I did also pay a visit to the cockpit. I spoke to one of the pilots and found out that the Boeing 789 didn't do the LHR-KUL flight at maximum payload.

How was the Y+? Esp. the meals and IFE? :)

Overall the Dreamliner experience has been wonderful. Cabin pressure and humidity are definitely better. I do love the big windows a lot but they do seem to take sometime to switch between different modes (dark to bright and vice-verse).

The World Traveller Plus (WTP) seat (premium economy) is quite comfortable and the head rest provides excellent support. The only downside seems to be fact that it's a bit difficult to get out to the aisle.

As I had priority boarding, I did also manage to sit on a World Traveller (economy) seat. It doesn't seem to be that narrow at 3-3-3 and I was able to pass through the aisle quite comfortably.

How was the Y+? Esp. the meals and IFE? :)

In Y+, you get a business meal and an economy meal. One thing l liked is that you do get a small bottle of water together with your first meal. There is also a range of snacks in the 'tuck box' in the galley. I didn't use the IFE but I thought the selections were quite decent.

Meal wise, it's not perfect but pretty decent I would say. My neighbour ordered an Asian vegetarian meal which turned out to be quite good. Quite a wide selection of drinks is available.

Per Airpearl who also flown on BA B789 recently:

Should let you know that I found Y class very comfy (on AUH-MCT recently) and legroom spacious, comparable I think to their 77Ws. With the unending complaints on the narrowness of the Dreamliner, I was surprised myself.

Load check on flight BA33 LHR-KUL on 20 January 2016:

F = 7/8

J = 31/42

W = 39/39

Y = 126/127

Total = 203/216

Load factor = 94%

I noticed that the Premium Economy class on BA's flight to/from KUL is always full. They should put more Y+ seats on the aircraft. Better, KUL is so ready for a larger aircraft as load factor is almost consistently very high.

Load check on flight BA33 LHR-KUL on 20 January 2016:

F = 7/8

J = 31/42

W = 39/39

Y = 126/127

Total = 203/216

Load factor = 94%

I noticed that the Premium Economy class on BA's flight to/from KUL is always full. They should put more Y+ seats on the aircraft. Better, KUL is so ready for a larger aircraft as load factor is almost consistently very high.

Good to know BA is enjoying good load for KUL. I guess BA is still testing the market for consistency in long term. KUL has been a 'long-thin' market for BA and most EU airlines. The A380 that MH has deployed must have overkilled the market a bit, MH really needs their A350 asap.

The closest aircraft BA can deploy will be

B744: F14C52W36Y235

B772ER: F14C48W40Y122 OR F13C48W32Y127

B77W: F14C56W44Y183

I do hope to see BA 744 on our shore....but wishful thinking...

Good to know BA is enjoying good load for KUL. I guess BA is still testing the market for consistency in long term. KUL has been a 'long-thin' market for BA and most EU airlines. The A380 that MH has deployed must have overkilled the market a bit, MH really needs their A350 asap.

The closest aircraft BA can deploy will be

B744: F14C52W36Y235

B772ER: F14C48W40Y122 OR F13C48W32Y127

B77W: F14C56W44Y183

I do hope to see BA 744 on our shore....but wishful thinking...

A swap to anything other than the A388 would be a huge downgrade for the passenger experience IMHO. My recent flight on the B789 was a very positive and un-BA experience indeed, and that's a good thing, haha.

A swap to anything other than the A388 would be a huge downgrade for the passenger experience IMHO. My recent flight on the B789 was a very positive and un-BA experience indeed, and that's a good thing, haha.

Double daily 789 should be ok