MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samuel Chy

BKI '09

A bit unusual for me...but a plane just flew low around Putatan/Petagas area where I live...the jet sound was so loud it woke up the birds. I thought the flight might be from SDK or TWU...coz usually when the plane is approaching runway 02, most of the approach doesnt take place directly above populated areas right?...the pilots sure did sharp turn to line for runway 02 that night I guess...

JKSC plane. hehe...

What ? :blink: Emperor in town (BKI) ?

It will be our plane too between SIN-SGN-SIN next month... :pardon:

Hi guys. Currently in Sandakan but yes, I believe the same USAF C-130 dropped by again this afternoon. Parked at T2. Not sure if she is still around. USAF flight normally does not night stop here, right? :(

yeah, didn't nite stop. flew back to Halim... bringing peace mission i guess... :)

any1 spot that plane?

What ? :blink: Emperor in town (BKI) ?

It will be our plane too between SIN-SGN-SIN next month... :pardon:

the registration i mean. sorry for the misleading statement. :sorry:

Guys, MAS 738 will be in BKI again on 26 June morning. The routing is KUL-KCH-BKI-KUL. It is an extra flight.

Just bought me ticket for MH7197 for RM46.00. Impressive! ;)

It will my first B738 flight. :yahoo:

Huh, Capt Radzi already upgrade, right?

Huh? Is that right? I must be way behind with news! Is our Captain with the B738 fleet nowadays?

Not likely, the chap is apparently busy swatting flies instead (phak-wu-yhin :p )

Didn't think you know hakka at all, BC :D

Edited by S V Choong

Of course he knows!

His last name is Tam, 'Jin Jung Hakka Siang' (Pure Hakka Surname)

...from Sabah some more... right BC?

(Sorry... out of topic :p )

Huh? Is that right? I must be way behind with news! Is our Captain with the B738 fleet nowadays?

Captain Radzi is operating the A330 now (don't know if it's the left seat, though :sorry: )

Good morning guys!

Just to share 2 photos of mine took on friday. Enjoy!

bkit119june09mw.jpg

Please see here from the same spot almost 3 years ago!

9mahsbki19june09mw.jpg

Chan, the AirAsia getting airborne is spectacular! Perfect location...very near to the runway and i like the background. Would love to shoot from that spot someday. :)

Nice shot of the terminal, Chan. :good:

Chan, the AirAsia getting airborne is spectacular! Perfect location...very near to the runway and i like the background. Would love to shoot from that spot someday. :)

Thank you MIR. Indeed the spot is perfect! The moment when the 320 fly over you is even more spectacular! However if you really want a shot from that spot please be fast, because that is where the new runway would be.

Thanks Alif and Waiping!

Captain Radzi is operating the A330 now (don't know if it's the left seat, though :sorry: )

Thanks for the news Pieter. Hope he is enjoying the A330! :good:

Of course he knows!

His last name is Tam, 'Jin Jung Hakka Siang' (Pure Hakka Surname)

...from Sabah some more... right BC?

Off the top of my head, Mr Tam told me he is Si Yip (Cantonese, Tam is Cantonese as well), but he keeps giving me the impression that he knows Hakka very well. :p

Chan CS, thanks for the update of the photos. The building activity at BKI terminal is progressing quick!

Edited by S V Choong

Thank you MIR. Indeed the spot is perfect! The moment when the 320 fly over you is even more spectacular! However if you really want a shot from that spot please be fast, because that is where the new runway would be.

Thanks Alif and Waiping!

IIRC your pic is runway 20 take off, which I think is quite rare. The other spot for take off shot would be at RSTC, but you need longer lenses. :(

Thanks for the news Pieter. Hope he is enjoying the A330! :good:

Off the top of my head, Mr Tam told me he is Si Yip (Cantonese, Tam is Cantonese as well), but he keeps giving me the impression that he knows Hakka very well. :p

Chan CS, thanks for the update of the photos. The building activity at BKI terminal is progressing quick!

should be Si Yap. actually i am also. kekeke.... and MOST of the Sabahan also can speak Hakka, but for me just half tank water. :p

Chan, did u spot any triple on Friday? and i believe there are more shots in your SD since u walk all the way to the end of the runway. haha.... no MAHB staff in the pondok? the other day Kenneth and me got warn immediately. :(

Generally all Kota Kinabalu Chinese understand Hakka, whether he/she is Hakka-ngin or not.

should be Si Yap. actually i am also. kekeke.... and MOST of the Sabahan also can speak Hakka, but for me just half tank water. :p

I can understand Hakka but can't speak it. LOL !

By the way, good picture you got there, Chan :drinks:

the terminal look soo big.. sure it wont be a white elephant once completed .. coz traffic is there!!!

O/T: Actually, not operating yet. Will be doing the sim all July, expect flying in August at the earliest. And yes, left seat.

O/T: Actually, not operating yet. Will be doing the sim all July, expect flying in August at the earliest. And yes, left seat.

I hope you never have to be paired with Lim Lim, sure nobody flying the plane!!! <_>

my lousy shots of KKIA :blush: - 2 months ago pic

btw did they changed the plan to have 9 aerobridge now instead of 12?

i could only count 9 now with my fingers :search:

img0925.jpg

img0926n.jpg

Edited by benz

Congrats !!! :drinks:

btw did they changed the plan to have 9 aerobridge now instead of 12?

Very likely a measure to accomodate airlines that insist on aerobridgeless operations ;)

Makes more sense, than to have pax making their way to plane under a redundant bridge :)

Off the top of my head, Mr Tam told me he is Si Yip

Yes, your memory quite correct SV !

During our time in school, hakka was the required medium of communication, irrespective of what regulations stipulate

Wife is hakka too - so it helps to understand when she mutters darkly :D

So Sam, you too a fellow 'Si Yip loh' eh ?! :) Any idea from which part (Kai Ping ?)

Man, this has gone way, way OT :pardon:

Like your BKI aerial shots a lot, Benz: unbelievable, how things have changed since 4-5 years ago !!! :blink:

Thanks a lot for sharing... :good:

IIRC your pic is runway 20 take off, which I think is quite rare. The other spot for take off shot would be at RSTC, but you need longer lenses. :(

Rare? u can shoot Airasia taking off frm runway 20 every morning... try be there before 7am. :)