MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samuel Chy

BKI '09

Sam, like your nose pictures especially Maswing nose...

Seem like you had calibrate your monitor ea...hehe...good...keep the nice pictures come from BKI ea.. :)

Taiko is back... lovely shots bro, now fill those shots into a.net :good:

Found out that our PM was here today so arranged for a trip to KKIA. Was keen to know what aircraft he would be on today but unfortunately it's that 319CJ again. Wonder why he always bring the minibus to BKI. :(

Anyway, notice the 1Malaysia logo on the tail.

BKI_9MNAA_0094.jpg

Today it's more like spotting helicopters with this Sikorsky Skybus from Awan Inspirasi. Left about 2.30pm but came back around 3.30pm, bringing a lot of yellow man. :D

BKI_9MAIH_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

The only special color AK during that short period of time I was there. :(

BKI_9MAFW_0089.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by Waiping

Iggy, ^^ . :p

Waiping, nice one! at first, i tot you potatoshape in the 1. :p William will still based in BKI.

Edited by Samuel Chy

Found out that our PM was here today so arranged for a trip to KKIA. Was keen to know what aircraft he would be on today but unfortunately it's that 319CJ again. Wonder why he always bring the minibus to BKI.

Well, wonder no more. :) 9M-NAA N for Najib.... A for Abdullah :)

Waiping,have you uploaded the photo of 9M-NAA with 1Malaysia logo on the tail to A.net?

Submitted yesterday. I think need to wait around 5 days at least.

i am wondering why out A319CJ is not painted with the same colours as the rest of the official goverments planes. Even the Malaysia wording with the official crest is missing

i am wondering why out A319CJ is not painted with the same colours as the rest of the official goverments planes. Even the Malaysia wording with the official crest is missing

If i'm not mistaken,this a/c is not owned by RMAF;that's why the Malaysian government & RMAF coat of arms was not seen on the aircraft.

But that's my view.Perhaps other knew about the history of 9M-NAA.

BKI_B8100_0129.jpg

Need help to identify this aircraft. Looks like Gulfstream IV belonging to Deer Jet of Shanghai.

luickily i didn't wait for it. haha.... i saw her door open on 30/12 around 4pm at VIP terminal. tot she'll be departing soon.

Can on phif tee dee mah...

Ahahahahaha XD :rofl:

BTW,You guys don't create a new thread for 2010 season ka?

Amway Korea charter

They 'took over' the whole Nexus Karambunai, even changed its name to Amway Village

Sorry, this is going OT and an old thread dug up !

Hear! Hear! Korean food lovers!

Why Amway flew 18 chefs from Korea to Sabah

Listen to this from a Korean: You can’t find real Korean food in Sabah because there isn’t a good Korean chef. That is why Amway Korea flew 18 of its country’s cooks to cook for 4,500 of its top sales achievers who were at Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai for a well-earned exotic holiday from November 17 to December 7.

“Nexus could not find a good Korean chef,” Min-Woo Lee, Amway Korea’s spokesman told Insight Sabah. “We have to serve real Korean food to our delegates since we love Korean food. We cannot find real Korean food here, so we have to bring our own chefs along.”

Not only that. Amway, the American direct-selling company of household detergents and vitamins, also flew 10 tonnes of kimchi (spicy cabbage pickle) into Kota Kinabalu by chartered flights; using Korean Air’s Boeing planes, of course. “A plane could only carry 2.5 tonnes. So we chartered four Boeing 747s,” Mr Lee said.

Gyu-Young Han, a sous chef from Seoul’s Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel, was here to supervise the food catering. “We kind of set up our own Korean restaurant here at Nexus,” he said. Kitchen utensils and much of the food, including seafood, were flown in from Seoul. “The only things we have bought locally are vegetables and tofu (beancurd),” Mr Han said.

Mr Han, 48, who has 23 years experience, and his 17 fellow chefs cooked three meals a day for 800 delegates to the annual Amway convention.

Not only chefs. Mr Lee said that his company also flew in beauticians, nutritionists, yoga and physical exercise trainers from his country to look after his sales incentive winners.

This is the third time that Amway Korea has chosen Nexus for its convention. The Koreans were here in 2003 and 2005. Mr Lee said his company chose Nexus for logistical reasons and because it is surrounded by nature. “It is the only one in Sabah that can give us the use of the whole hotel, the rooms, the restaurants, the kitchens and the bars,” he said.

“It is not easy to find a top holiday destination where we can book the whole resort to accommodate our delegates. Our people like the natural surroundings and the beautiful beaches,” Mr Lee said.

Peter Sprenger, Nexus General Manager, said he had to close his hotel to the public because all 485 rooms and six luxurious villas were given to Amway. “Everything in the hotel including the eight food and beverage outlets were given to them,” he said. “Only the golf club and the Borneo spa were open to the public.”

Mr Sprenger said his hotel had to employ 100 temporary staff to cope with the Koreans.

Mr Lee said he had to divide his delegates into five groups of between 800 and 900, each spending four days at the convention. “This is one of our biggest incentive trips this year,” he said.

Organising tours for the Koreans was also problematic. “The most difficult part was arranging transport for the delegates,” said Hannah Seo of Korea’s Business Travel and Incentive Tour company.

“I finally chartered 27 40-seater buses from five different companies. They have different colours and logos,” she said.

Her other worry was the weather. “Thankfully, the weather has been kind. We haven’t got any heavy rain that mars outdoor activities,” Miss Seo said. – Insight Sabah

– With reporting by Jacqueline Gom and Henry Matakim

from here (courtesy of my wife !)