MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samuel Chy

BKI '09

The awesome power of Bigma!

Lim Lim's operated MH2616 and MH2617?

Edited by waiping

Good catch Chan... :clapping:

Look like Capt Amri on the left seat there...

Next time must wear bigger sun glasses la....

Wah, Amri now an NG taiko lah.

Anyway welcome aboard MW.

Congrats with A.net publication !!! :drinks:

Congrats with A.net publication !!! :drinks:

Hey WaiPing, congratulations! Another photo! :drinks:

Thanks, guys. :drinks:

Chan, what time you caught MWD? Suspect she is doing Sabah - Sarawak run and not return until next day, unlike MWC. Anyway, just my opinion.

Edited by waiping

Yay!

1538727.jpg

Wow, nice catch of the 737-200Adv Combi, Waiping. Is she a Pos Malaysia/ Pos Laju work horse?

It does not look to me it has the hush-kit installed. Must have been quite noisy?

Edited by S V Choong

I wonder what is it that is poking out from under both the engine.. facing forward.. at the bottom front of the engines??? Sensors of somekind? Never seen them on other 732 before :blink:

I wonder what is it that is poking out from under both the engine.. facing forward.. at the bottom front of the engines??? Sensors of somekind? Never seen them on other 732 before :blink:

It is a "Vortex Dissipator".

Vortex Dissipators

Prevent vortices forming at the engine intakes which could cause gravel to be ingested by engine. These consist of a small forward projecting tube which blows pressure regulated (55psi) engine bleed air down and aft from 3 nozzles at the tip to break up the vortices.

The dissipators are operated by a solenoid held switch on the overhead panel which switches off on a squat switch so that climb performance is not affected. (Similar to the wing anti ice switch on 3-900 series).

The GRAVEL PROTECT switch must be on or at the ANTI-ICE/TEST position at any time the engines are running on the ground. Take-offs and landings must be made with the engine bleeds off to ensure that there is sufficient bleed air for their effective operation. Air conditioning may be used with APU bleed air if required.

taken from ABOUT 737

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Guys, MAS 738 will be in BKI again on 26 June morning. The routing is KUL-KCH-BKI-KUL. It is an extra flight.

Guys, MAS 738 will be in BKI again on 26 June morning. The routing is KUL-KCH-BKI-KUL. It is an extra flight.

I actually received an e-mail about this but when I try to book, since it's one day prior to the anniversary, I got a reply the product cannot be booked. :(

Will u be flying on her, Isaac?

i can book for the flight, MH7197 for BKi-KUL on 26/06. but the lowest price tag is RM533 for MHSmart. O.o

Will u be flying on her, Isaac?

No. I won't. I already have a confirmed ticket on July 10th :) On a 734 :(

No. I won't. I already have a confirmed ticket on July 10th :) On a 734 :(

In that case you might meet Captain Radzi on B734s :)

In that case you might meet Captain Radzi on B734s :)

Huh, Capt Radzi already upgrade, right?

Any of you guys gone spotting today? The weather has been amazingly stunning today! Blue sky, perfectly clear weather, even the blueish hue of the sky being reflected off by my house's wooden door... :rolleyes:

Edited by Alif A. F.

Huh, Capt Radzi already upgrade, right?

Yeah, thought he's on 330 now ?

Any of you guys gone spotting today? The weather has been amazingly stunning today! Blue sky, perfectly clear weather, even the blueish hue of the sky being reflected off by my house's wooden door... :rolleyes:

yeah, even just now after six still got a bit of sun ray and CLEAR view of Mt. Kinabalu. btw, got informed by Waiping this morning that he spot the USAF again.

yeah, even just now after six still got a bit of sun ray and CLEAR view of Mt. Kinabalu. btw, got informed by Waiping this morning that he spot the USAF again.

C-130 again?...shush...maybe the plane brings in presidential car before the VVVVVIP arrives via VC-25...hahaha....nothing la...just being nonsense...

C-130 again?...shush...maybe the plane brings in presidential car before the VVVVVIP arrives via VC-25...hahaha....nothing la...just being nonsense...

is he coming? haha.....

Edited by Samuel Chy

Hi guys. Currently in Sandakan but yes, I believe the same USAF C-130 dropped by again this afternoon. Parked at T2. Not sure if she is still around. USAF flight normally does not night stop here, right? :(