MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samuel Chy

BKI '09

Anybody spotted GE - Transasia Airways this morning??

They have scheduled chartered flight into BKI since the 90s from Taipei Sung Shan airport (TSA) aka the domestic airport. The flight has always been operated by 321. GE stopped flying into BKI a while (for 2 - 3 years i think) but seems like they have resumed this route.

Edited by Isaac

Image337.jpg

just sharing another busy day on R20...

quite blurry, using phone's camera only

AZL! It's from the control tower! How did you managed to get up there? :clapping:

Anybody spotted GE - Transasia Airways this morning??

Kenneth has its photo! Taken on 31st May if not wrong.

If he is from ATC.. I am gonna be cursing hard hehehe :clapping:

Uncle Pieter, you are right! after check my picture, engine #3 switch off during landing phase also..

DSC_3653-800.jpg

but i have no idea regarding the wiper of Golf Alpha.

spot these on last Saturday spotting session,

DSC_3856-800.jpg

try guess. haha....

MH2616

DSC_3794-800.jpg

but they are tired with the traffic we had.

DSC_3847-800.jpg

DSC_3858-800.jpg

Wah,USAF C-130 at BKI! Lucky you,Sam!

Any idea what's the USAF doing at BKI,a tech stop perhaps? :pardon:

Wah,USAF C-130 at BKI! Lucky you,Sam!

Any idea what's the USAF doing at BKI,a tech stop perhaps? :pardon:

Lucky us, unlucky USAF. :p

Tamizi, one of the engine got problem and was shut off during landing. Anyway, can't figure where she is from and her destination.

Sorry guys, something's wrong with my internet connection. :(

Edited by Pieter C.

Sorry guys, something's wrong with my internet connection. :(

You live in Sabah

Why should it be otherwise ?! :D

Ministry wooing more flights to Sabah, says Masidi

Kota Kinabalu: Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun said his Ministry is continuously talking to airline companies for more flights to Sabah.

"We are currently finalising talks with Chinese Southern. I have also met with the managing director of an airline company from Abu Dhabi which is actually already marketing Sabah as a tourism package although there is currently no direct flight to the State due to economic reasons.

"This company is now promoting Sabah as a special holiday package in the European and Middle East markets," he said.

The Ministry has specially chosen this Abu Dhabi-based airline company because of its good marketing network in Europe, he said, adding they were hoping it could start with an indirect flight to Sabah.

Sabah needs to continuously expand its flight connections to ensure a continued expansion of the State's tourism industry, said Masidi, adding he has also talked to Australia's Jetstar but "again the question is about load and the type of planes available."

"Our (Sabah's) stand is that if there is going to be a direct flight between Sabah and Australia, it needs to be either to Perth or Brisbane because there are substantial number of Sabahans living in these two cities É but as I understand there is a problem with the load and type of airplane," he said.

Masidi nevertheless said in the end there is a likelihood there will a direct flight between Sabah and Australia with the implementation of the open sky policy.

In another development, Masidi said the Ministry intends to revive an old plan by Sabah Parks to build a hostel on Mount Kinabalu as part of the solution to the numerous public complaints on the high rates of staying at the mountain.

The proposed project to build the hostel at the mountain was stopped due to its approach (construction method).

"I will talk with Minister (Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen). I would like to revisit that issue and possibly where it is allowed, without jeopardising in any way the status of Mount Kinabalu as a World Heritage Site and without polluting the environment and the pristine nature of the mountain, we have a plan to revive the plan to build the hostel so that locals who have been complaining about high rates of staying in Mount Kinabalu can stay at the proposed hostel and enjoy the mountain," he said.

The Ministry is waiting for Sabah Parks to provide full details including the proposed site, said Masidi.

He also revealed there were plans to demolish and rebuild the Wisma Budaya building along Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman here.

But it is still at a very preliminary stage and may involve a private venture, he said.

airline company from Abu Dhabi is Etihad Airways?

Tamizi, one of the engine got problem and was shut off during landing. Anyway, can't figure where she is from and her destination.

Base on the rego , it should be from Yokota Airbase, Japan.

We are currently finalising talks with Chinese Southern.

CZ has loaded BKI into their IRS. Will commence scheduled charter flight to BKI soon starting with 2x weekly flights. Shenzhen Airlines is also coming to BKI, with 3x weekly flight if i'm not mistaken.

I think that's quite abvious :drinks:

Heard in the news many while ago (in 2005)...Emirates Malaysia country manager, Alban Lee said EK might consider adding BKI to its network in the next 5 years...but its almost five years so I think its not going to happen... <_>

China Sudden AIrlines $^%$#&^%^%#^%$^#&$^%$!$%^$&!%&!... <_ shenzhen airlines...>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmpphhhhhh!!!!! Sorry.. this is what lepas geram means!!!! <_ at least bki ministers are>luring ppl to bki...

Kuching Ministers are SLEEPING Sorry getting emo redi!! :finger:

China Sudden AIrlines $^%$#&^%^%#^%$^#&$^%$!$%^$&!%&!... <_ shenzhen airlines...>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmpphhhhhh!!!!! Sorry.. this is what lepas geram means!!!! <_ at least bki ministers are>luring ppl to bki...

Come to BKI to lepas geram! :p

Maybe codeshare? We already have ANA to LBU, right? Australia would be nice. Last time was served by now defunct Australian Airlines. Maybe budget airlines can serve this route better than premium airlines.

Edited by waiping

Come on Iggy, fret not, please read this news.

He nonetheless conceded that visitor arrivals from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea into Sabah were more than Sarawak because of the direct air linkages into Kota Kinabalu.

Although Sarawak had yet to enjoy the same privilege as Sabah, he said the state still managed to record 54.3 per cent higher tourist arrivals over the last six years than its neighbour.

As per the quoted news, the tourism minister in Sarawak isn't sleeping! At least they'll protect themselves by saying they're still getting more tourist as their neighbor! :pardon:

Come on Iggy, fret not, please read this news.

As per the quoted news, the tourism minister in Sarawak isn't sleeping! At least they'll protect themselves by saying they're still getting more tourist as their neighbor! :pardon:

Not convincing... <_>

From johor-kinabalu-clark, manila. :rolleyes:

Heard in the news many while ago (in 2005)...Emirates Malaysia country manager, Alban Lee said EK might consider adding BKI to its network in the next 5 years...but its almost five years so I think its not going to happen... <_>

It's 2009. There is still time ... :drinks:

The US airforce- Luckily no secret service tangkap kamu ambil gambar...

heheh

z

hahaha :) who knows now the pic of the spotters is being distribute among the CIA..

the caught the spotters pic with their surveillence cam :)

Looks like CZ flight will be at night CAN - BKI ETD 2030 ETA 2330 starting 1st JULY. Return BKI - CAN ETD 0030 ETA 0330. Can maybe watch on the sideline only. No lights difficult to spot. :(

These scheduled charter flights I assume are more like experiments to test viability for future proper scheduled services ?

(sort of like) yeah, we'll see how it goes - the birds will otherwise be sitting idle at some airport incurring charges anyway. Just try try first loh :)

Only that the Koreans have decided to maintain their midnight schedules after experiment period :(

Edited by BC Tam