MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

He He TK, next time you follow me-lah. I seems to be attracting 9V-SRE a few times :p

And my dream career in flying was dashed when I was prescribed specs ! :huh:

So, you ARE allowed to fly even though glasses are required for visual defect correction ?

This is the Helli Grill spotting area....where spotters would enjoy and punish their camera to the max for such rotation shots :angry: ...........and Azman wasn't there!!!! :angry: :nea: :sorry:

IPB Image

Bro... after experiencing the morning weather with you, I went home to sleep :pardon: ... and you remember my nocturnal activites the other day :drinks: .... hehehe

When I woke up the weather changed. Can definitely see between the time you walked around the TG and your departure, the sun came out. Lovely spring day...

more... more!!

edit - oh... look at the number of cars at the heligrill... plenty of spotters!

Edited by Azman MN

Talk about Malaysia Airlines,well, a few sad things happen these days and for the next coming months.

As we know, restructuring the Domestic sectors, and also International are in progress.

I remember long time ago in 1999...i was promoted to the Best fleet in Malaysia Airlines flying the 777.

I knew, good sectors and good trip are coming ahead of me and up until now, i enjoyed every bit of it.

I want to share some of my trips with all of you here, after my simulator training in Seattle, we came back home to KUL and all geared up for line training. Endorsement done on the real plane, license "stamped" with Ratings on the Boeing 777....i was happy and ready for the hard time life in Line Training.

Guess what, my first ever commercial sector on the 777 was KUL-VIE. And it was line training flight.

A good 11:20 hours flight. I enjoyed it, a lot of questions and answers with my instructor as i learned what is a "777" inside out. And also the routes that we flew on and etc........ :)

I will never forget the first trip i had to VIE and the good times.

Sad to say, i had to do the last inbound KUL-VIE as MH 22. :(

and here i would like to share to all, the VIE-KUL photos.

I hope we will come back to VIE again...as i know..it is one of the beautiful cities in europe, rich of histories and the land where the greatest composer use to live. :)

A sign that it will return someday...in good times to come. :)

IPB Image

Passenger load...10 Business class and 40 economy.

We were parked at the open bay... :(

IPB Image

things went so fast and the next thing i knew...Door close and Armed, push back...starts the RRs and off we go.yes yes yes....again...no SQ star alliance for me :(

IPB Image

Taxi onto Mike and runway in use for today is 29...cleared line up runway 29 :(

IPB Image

"Malaysian 23 Cleared for Take Off" hope to see you again...

A very short take off roll as we were so light. I remember the heavy take offs that we use to do outbound from VIE....a moment to remember :(

Bye Bye Vienna as we slowly rotate 9M-MRQ :(

IPB Image

a site that i will miss and i dont want to forget. :(

Positive climb.... :(

IPB Image

climb was positive....turning away from VIE is Negative!! :(

IPB Image

VIE has to go from Malaysia Airlines Map....BUT we shall return :)

IPB Image

aih, the nostalgic moments TK

Good pictures, sad to see MH leaving Vienna out. May this PULLOUT from Vienna be a blessing in disguise for more good things to come for MH. The stairs in Vienna looks very nice and much modern then what we see in Malaysian Airports.

About the group picture, are they all MH pilots?

Edited by Walter Sim

Must be a really sad moment for you eh TK

No worries , i'm sure MH will be making some good money in no time and these routes will start off one day , just keep your fingers crossed .

wahhh...all of them look really smart in uniform...muahhhh :good: :lol:

bye bye mozart :( ! love vienna. low profile airport but efficient connection. guess TK has to do more runs on other sectors. here he was, scrambling for 'bollywood' recently.

IPB Image

Tears almost flow out my friend... :( Very touching moment indeed. But I'm very sure MAS will bounce back to its former glory days minus the political intervention. :drinks:

Hope to see you fly to more destinations and new places too! :yahoo:

this short short story really touched my heart deeply... :( but i think ur heart more pain... since this place give u a lot of sweet memory... as u mention, ur first triple flight. :) btw, i'll support MAS all the way... :drinks:

Look Like No More Vieena.. Hope MH will go back there soon. Very touching moment... you capture every bits of it Thank TK.

Vieena is realy Beautifull airport indeed. :)

TK,

You captured these moments in a very nice way: great 'bye-bye' pictures :good:

Hope the other European 777 cities will be there to stay for you for a while, although MH will reduce to only 4 in the end, right ? (AMS, CDG, FCO, LHR) How many to be served by Tripples ?

Thanks for sharing these emotional pictures with us, bro ;)

Hi TK, really a touching moment and glad that you were there to record and share with us.

Things will sure turn better in the future. :good:

TK, you starts at the VIE, now you end the last trip from VIE.

Sad to see that but I believe, our National Airlines will fly to there agian someday!

sad to see leaving VIE... and others route.... let's hope this restructuring is a good one... sooner VIE will blink blink on your radar again :)

Quick q: when is MAS next B744F delivery?
there isn't. Romeo and Sierra are both flying for MAS.

TK, emotional stuff bro. You know that afternoon, I was working on Romeo Quebec and had a really wierd feeling that this bird was the bird who ops the final VIE rotation. I get home, and see, yep she did do KUL-VIE-KUL-PER-KUL. Certainly sad times, and lots of cut backs, but MAS will pull through