MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

TK, good angle and sharpness for the Paris photos. What a good sunny day for photography and walk-around too. :p

TK...

Wonderful shots bro! Just fabulous!

Btw...no EK maah in CDG? :huh:

Long haul flights are amazing, for the Passenger and also the Crew, especially Pilots.

While the passenger are comfortably in the Cabin eager to depart, Cabin Crew busy to look after them...as for the Pilots....duties are as usual in the Office.....6 windows in a tiny Office is where we worked, eat, chat, drink coffee, talk about the "world", talk to ATC's, talk to lovely cabin crew....and so on...and we dont sleep while on duty!!! :)

Here we are zig zaging around De Gaulle aeroport lanes of taxiways for our runway...

Its daylight, NOON departure :)

IPB Image

I took over the duties around Turkmenabat...somewhere before Afghanistan....

I heard about some other airliner didn't reply on Radio call for over an hour.... :(

Let us see after 07:58 hours from push back...at time 18:15 UTC @ 02:15 Malaysia Time...you tell me how tired a pilot can be.... :) twilight zone....

IPB Image

Depart at Noon....arrival KUL just after 06:00 Malaysia time....the time change is killing us!! :(

My hands are no longer that strong to have a handheld night shots!!! flight time was 12:15 Hours :blink:

IPB Image

the effect on second photo was NOT by Photoshop...

Camera setting, manual mode..ISO 320, 1.6 seconds...once you press the shutter, twist the lens zoom ring :)

Fuh~!!!! BeautifulL~!!! :blink::wub::blink:

Can SHow Some Pic of the Crew Bunk.~???

The Last Pics Awsome :wub::good:

Edited by Ibrahim

tk, i need your favor please, can you please shoot down the picture of pilot ranking at MH when u r at MH academy please.... thanks

Great shots - thanks for the tip - zoom ring... I never knew this was possible.

I was wondering, besides going spotting like you do, what do other pilots do on a layover? Appreciate that some destinations like Paris & Frankfurt are just night stops, but others are longer. Well I guess if it is a new destication, you would go on a tour or something. But what about the others? Are there health freaks, i.e., go jogging right after arrivals? Shopaholics? Avid readers? Do some bring their Xbox along? Do some people always go to the same restaurants?

Nice shots of Paris... warm in Europe right now.. if you come to Zurich, it's about 29 degrees today. Zurich lake water temperature 23 degrees. All the ladies in my office going swimming at the lake during lunch time :good: . Maybe all the ladies in your office will bring along the appropriate gear if you come to Zurich when the weather is warm.. :yahoo:

what do we do on night stops...

Me..get a guide book, and GO OUT. :)

Hotel is to sleep.... :)

Recent trip to Paris, 4 days 3 nights, well World Cup was perfect timing...but that is in the afternoon, so in the morning, i will go for my Coffee....take the Metro (French subway systems) and go where ever my finger points on the Paris Map...

other crew...PS2, DVD, Internet, iPod, Gossip, Cooking, Sewing, Sleeping, Reading, Making love, Make their own Love............and so on.

I took the river cruise.. :)

IPB Image

and you can stop whenever you want when the boat reaches a jetty to pick up more people..or any place of interest along the River... :)

IPB Image

sometimes, we might have been to the same place many many times...like example ZRH, so i will try and do something else besides walk around the city...like spotting....or my next plan..country side....(again)

Paris 's flight is 4 days 3 nights ? Wao. I thought you guys are just having 2nights to rest!

TK, looks handsome there!:D

The boat looks modern too!

Edited by Min Chun

other crew...PS2, DVD, Internet, iPod, Gossip, Cooking, Sewing, Sleeping, Reading, Making love, Make their own Love............and so on.

and you can stop whenever you want when the boat reaches a jetty to pick up more people..or any place of interest along the River... :)

IPB Image

hey TK, you forgot manicure and massage.... :D :p.

Thats a great looking building behind you...!

and those special effect shots.... just marvelous! Wanna visit Praque next time I head to Germany.... or even Amsterdam :D.

Heard that its difficult to find the way around France if you are alone and cant speak the language?

To be honest Kelvin, It's not that difficult at all. You should be able to say a few basic french words like "Bonjour" or "Au Revoir"....other than that...almost everybody in major cities speak English rather perfectly.

:)

Amsterdam ahh...RLD! :yahoo:

I was looking for this guy, "hunch back"...no joy in the building behind me!! :( ..Notre Damme