MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

nolah! You're getting everything wrong. Heres what he wrote in the email.

Along with the attachment thers this!

Have fun...by the way, i sent your email address to www.gay.com also

TK

Nice coveraged from VIE.. been there once on duty travel..

Passenger load...10 Business class and 40 economy.

We were parked at the open bay... :(

IPB Image

Mind if I ask you a question? Who is the gentleman standing on your extreme left? Is he the same guy seating on the left of this pic?

IPB Image

That must have been either one hell of a maintennance flight...or a Delivery Flight to another airline. My father's albums containing photos of those he was on before the pilgrimage could reach the moon! :D

Style laaa~!!!!... :rofl: HahahahahaHa

Samsyuri always come up with realy rare photo.. :good:

Edited by Ibrahim

Samsyuri,

The photo you add on was a surprise for me. :huh:

I remember that flight, it was from Vienna, Dubai, Chennai and Kuala Lumpur Ferry flight.

Boeing 737... :)

while they were eating (briyani), i was flying... :angry:

Yes it is the same person. FO Meor. he is on the 777 with me.

We operated the last VIE-KUL flight recently.

thanks for the photo.

did you took it?

B)

Samsyuri,

I remember that flight, it was from Vienna, Dubai, Chennai and Kuala Lumpur Ferry flight.

Care to elaborate? When was that?

Flight originated from Vienna. Why not Seattle?

Samsyuri,

Yes it is the same person. FO Meor. he is on the 777 with me.

We operated the last VIE-KUL flight recently.

thanks for the photo.

did you took it?

B)

Care to elaborate? When was that?

Didn't remember you're one of the FO that time. May be becoz you're hiding(busy) in the cockpit. Yes FO Meor :D .. I remember that name.. he was on the first leg of the flight VIE-DXB.

Some details of the aircraft and the flight.. It was 9M-MQO and it was there on a dry leased to Lauda Air thru Boeing Co. Why thru Boeing?.. coz of late delivery of Lauda's 737 and MAS have excessive acft at that time.. so MH lease it to Lauda after one year in service.. The aircraft still in MAS c/s coz it serve Lauda for short period of time..

My manager and I was there to do end-of-lease insp, borescope insp and some paper work clearance. And as a bonus we met with Lauda Air CEO.. Mr. Lauda himself.. There were no seat install on first class area coz Lauda's wanted to use their own FC seats. So the empty area was left for us to do anything we like :yahoo: ..

The flight was MH5401 on 11 August 1998.. VIE-DXB-MAA-KUL(SZB).. on first leg VIE-DXB, manned by a Capt and FO Meor.. and total 4 POB.. on 2nd and 3rd leg.. a new set of crew, a Capt and 2 FO (FO TK) came in during refueling transit in DXB and POB is 7.. still left plenty of room for us to play around :rofl: .

I didn't take that photo coz I am in the the photo :rofl: but using my old dark sider F70.. some of my other shots. Sorry no pic of MQO coz of photography restriction in the hangar..

Austrian Airlines Maintenance Hangar also used by Lauda Air.

IPB Image

Austrian on the right, Lauda on the left with the VIE terminal building and Sofitel Hotel (where I'm staying) as a background.

IPB Image

VIE International Airport while take off.

IPB Image

as a bonus we met with Lauda Air CEO.. Mr. Lauda himself..

Wow, you get to meet Mr. Lauda, the Mr. Nikki Lauda....That is awesone. From F1 to aviation, he is my idol. Sad that Lauda no longer flies to KUL anymore

Wow, you get to meet Mr. Lauda, the Mr. Nikki Lauda....That is awesone. From F1 to aviation, he is my idol. Sad that Lauda no longer flies to KUL anymore

The same Lauda aircraft still flies to KUL, except now it is in Austrian colors. Arrives / departs before dawn.

The same Lauda aircraft still flies to KUL, except now it is in Austrian colors. Arrives / departs before dawn.

Yeah,Capt.Radzi is right.

Yes, I remember seeing it at KLIA when I arrived on a Shenzhen Airlines flight. It was 1:30am.

my recent europe trip was Paris...

Normal paper work before flight....i HATE it!!! :angry:......not just flying...Pilots have to do paper work too!!

IPB Image

Then as usual, since i was team B...i had to do the "walk around" :huh: love it too.. :)

2 jet ways @ aerobridge @ Jambatan (bridge) connected to the 777.

IPB Image

aaahhh...the 777 Rolls Royce are ready to ROLL....mmm...i love you Rolls Royce. keep turning ah :D

IPB Image

what do you think......

will one day a 777 would be a legend like concorde............??????????

This one, i Hate to see such fate for a great supersonic airliner...my 777 only does 84% of the speed of sound!!

IPB Image

:( :( :( :( :(

my recent europe trip was Paris...

Normal paper work before flight....i HATE it!!! :angry:......not just flying...Pilots have to do paper work too!!

2 jet ways @ aerobridge @ Jambatan (bridge) connected to the 777.

what do you think......

will one day a 777 would be a legend like concorde............??????????

Paper work - lots of them, ey? Pre-flight planning, weight & balance yada yada yada... On Flying Days, I will usually be pushing the Piper Cherokees out of the hangar whilst the pilots crunch on numbers and draw lines on papers.

Amazing how the aerobridges "wrap around" the fuselage :)

777 is so far way safer than the concorde, but maybe 50 years from now, it'll be a legend - a very good one I say! ;)

Aha! They're using rwy25 here in SYD!! Let's check what's on schedule...