MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

Awesome pictures there Gibby!

wah, even the luminous vest has MH logo on them. Are they brought all the way from KUL TK?

Syiok !!!! Thank for Sharing the images with us Gibby. :good:

wow gibby... nice stuffs... your friends captured TK in the departure hall?

liam,

those are lovely photos of my funky brother. please send gratitude to matthias from the whole mwings family.

IPB Image

"BYE!"

TK, You a Very Happy Man ha?? Ur smile and Facials man..Just too good.. :lol: :lol:

Got a Question for u TK..Since Mas is using T7 to AKL, You comming anytime soon???

Thanks for sharing those shot Liam..Really Nice shots..

Azahan, et al

I will pass on your thanks to Matt.

Yes they were taken through the glass in the T1 observation deck.

Hopefully next time, I'll be airside with my camera, however in the current security climate and recent change of company patrolling airside, I wasn't going to risk my job and join him on his walk around on my day off B)

Oh I while TK was bringing MH125 the previous day into the gate, we were both waving at each other, and communicating with hand gestures. After a few really wierd looks from my colleagues, one guy believed TK was being extraordinarily friendly to the ramp staff, and gave him a wave! How nice!

How fast the weather changes in Zurich - remember some pics from the heligrill we posted a few months ago? Snow on the flat ground... and now the yellow flowers, a bit more than a meter tall! :blink:

TK - notice that first officer was in control when landing, but then captain was taxiing. Also the Perth photos looks like captain is taxiing. The captain always taxi?

And Gibby, good stuff mate! This gives me an idea for next time - TK, if you are back in ZRH before summer ends, I'll try to get you from Dock E obs deck!

Great shots, Gibby....unfortunately, no TK planned for AMS, as only 744's overhere... :p

Maybe Colin and/or Leech are scheduled for AMS again soon (?)...how about some MH cabin-staff ???

Do NOT forget to PM me, if that's the case, OK ? :drinks:

Now somebody really caught me "walk around an airliner" :)

Yep..normal duties...do the safety check around the plane...just look for something which is unusual!! <_>

Thanks Gibby, Thanks Matt....Thanks Sandeep for the girls you sent to my room... :huh: (nnnaaahhhh :nea: )

Now somebody really caught me "walk around an airliner" :)

Yep..normal duties...do the safety check around the plane...just look for something which is unusual!! <_>

Thanks Gibby, Thanks Matt....Thanks Sandeep for the girls you sent to my room... :huh: (nnnaaahhhh :nea: )

hehe...hope to see more of your stories and photos from your point of view as FO.Keep it up,

And to all,

Please do support our beloved flag carrier,Malaysia Airlines!

Thanks to Gibby and Matt for having me "doing" my walk around...on my plane :)

There are times, i do for other "airliner"...in Zurich recently...i got to see what other plane has :huh:

Thai A340-600 was next to Romeo Delta.

IPB Image

Barrels of Rolls Royce :D

IPB Image

"NO GRAB" <_>

IPB Image

I love their main landing gear tho.. :good:

IPB Image

IPB Image

"camera"...smile :)

IPB Image

I should have gone into the plane...next time then. B)

TK - notice that first officer was in control when landing, but then captain was taxiing. Also the Perth photos looks like captain is taxiing. The captain always taxi?

Allow me to answer this one.

For MH, taxiing an aircraft is always by a captain. No deviation from this rule is tolerated.

Other airlines might allow others to taxi. Check out the most popular picture in A.net from KUL (clue: it is a Saudia) and it was not taxied by a captain.

Allow me to answer this one.

For MH, taxiing an aircraft is always by a captain. No deviation from this rule is tolerated.

Other airlines might allow others to taxi. Check out the most popular picture in A.net from KUL (clue: it is a Saudia) and it was not taxied by a captain.

I wonder, is it because taxiing an aircraft is easier from the Captain's seat? Or it's due to experience. But expereince is kinda subjective, isn't it? :huh: :huh:

Thanks to Gibby and Matt for having me "doing" my walk around...on my plane :)

There are times, i do for other "airliner"...in Zurich recently...i got to see what other plane has :huh:

Thai A340-600 was next to Romeo Delta.

IPB Image

Barrels of Rolls Royce :D

IPB Image

"NO GRAB" <_>

IPB Image

I love their main landing gear tho.. :good:

IPB Image

IPB Image

"camera"...smile :)

IPB Image

I should have gone into the plane...next time then. B)

Very nice photos! Clean and clear! The gears... Solid stuff! :nea:

that bird looks brand new man.. even the tyres are just shiny

As if it's fresh from the factory :clapping:

Re who's in-charge of taxiing, same policy applies to QF (read Radzi's post, p.41).

hehehe no worries TK :)

great meeting you down here and look forward to seeing you again next month! :)

wow TK, thanks for sharing my favourite aircraft's close up.... what more on Thai's new livery....:good: the reflection on the last picture was superb ! :good: :good: :good:

Wow TK, nice walking around the A346.

Next time... I wanna see you try doing the same to the El Al.... they always have a security guard sitting in a car in front of the plane. Not only that, I also see them at the HeliGrill during take-off or landing, I suppose to ensure someone doens't turn up with some weapons of mass destruction. They don't bother spotters though... . The security guy sitting in front of the plane is always reading a magazine. If I can zoom in enough, I'll try to take a pic of what he is really reading... ;)