MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

Massive Landing Gears.. And the Engine Superb Beautifull :wub:

Hope MH will buy this plane... :yahoo:

I wish KLIA has some background like this...

IPB Image

My trip to ZRH recently, it was a Training flight for the co-pilot. He is as senior as i am, but he came up late due to certain reasons. He spent 5 years in KK on Fokker 50 and 5 Years on the 737....the other 2 years when we start our life in MH...we were transfer to some other department to wait for our time to get into a plane. :angry:

so the landing he made inbound to ZRH...PURE text book crosswind technic...very experience First Officer. :)

So, a training flight for a 4 men crew sector...the trainee has to do inbound and outbound as the first team...doing take off and landing. The training Captain was a very senior training aircraft examiner...normally on first flight, the trainee will only do Pilot Monitoring duties...meaning to say he does not do take off and landing...BUT on this trip, the training Captain, gave him the sector both ways...cool :)

Here we are, preparing for the ZRH-KUL flight....im heading HOME...yeah yeah..

IPB Image

nice Captain he had there..Good Luck!

I love the second picture, would love to have a seat there and cheat chat there..

Cheers TK!

I wish KLIA has some background like this...

IPB Image

Agree with you there, TK, that's why I enjoy that airport so much...ever been to INN ?

Agree with you there, TK, that's why I enjoy that airport so much...ever been to INN ?

A shot of plane with background of something ( buildings/ trees/ mountains.......) is always much preferable than a shot with background of nothing ( the haze white sky :angry: )

OMG! Pieter! Heard you say INN makes me excited already. Innsbruck has really stunning background an airport could ever have. I have been wanna go there to spot Tyrolean Fokkers. The mountain at the background make the plane looks like flying extremely close to the mountain. How much does it cost for a return ticket originating from AMS?

TK,

Lovely Swiss Air shot just seconds before touchdown :wub:

The previous TG also looks ver stunning, very clean, fresh from factory I suggest :hi:

That is a bloody awesome cokcpit shot, can't wait for more :)

How much does it cost for a return ticket originating from AMS?

Adrian,

It all depends on the airline, you wanna fly; expensive AirAlps ceased their flights from AMS, however, both Transavia.com and Skyeurope both operate to INN from AMS...when booked well in advance, it can be had for as low as 49 Euros o/w (incl. taxes etc.) on the latter airline ;)

same shot of the A340 landing from Tel Aviv:

IPB Image

the petals already popped open... looks too early... but the plane already bounced once off the runway... high winds making it difficult for the pilot.

Will post more pics in the "spring in ZRH" thread...

Wow! Nice series of walk around of TGA346. :clapping:

TK, wait for a phone call from BKK and you will fly there soon. :rofl: Just joking-lah.

All of us need you here in KUL.

Liam, it was fun to see FO TK doing the round. Good jobs to you guys there. :drinks:

TK, nice pic of the best office in the world... - the flying office. :lol:

waiting for mor cockpit shots.. ;)

there are times, certain airport doesn't allow APU to be use.

Since apron fees and landing charges has to be paid to the airport authority, thats includes following their rules and regulation.

Swiss Unique airport stated that any aircraft on the parking ramp are not allowed to use APU to power the plane while parking. so we need to be connected with the electric and off course...Air Cond :) and about 15 minutes before push back, then we would request to start our APU...

IPB Image

Talk about taxi...Not on the 777 or any other airliner...push back has to be done with a tow truck.

some airport in the US allows the DC-9 to be push back with the engine in reverse....CRAZY!! :blink:

One interesting that i have not captured with my lens...in Australia, Virgin Blue (not jet blue) uses a small mini remote control tow truck...not hook to the nose wheel but on one of those main wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for us in ZRH...this guy help us reverse fron the gate.

IPB Image

As in MH, 747,777, A330 and Fokker 50 has 2 tillers to taxi the plane.

BUT only Captain will taxi the plane. Sometimes, as we get senior and more experience on the aircraft type we fly on...Captain allows us ( on the right seat ) to taxi the plane.

On this ZRH-KUL flight...my Captain taxi's the plane.

IPB Image

Captain taxi...i just "click click click"

Yes...it is spring in ZRH...while i was there though.!! :huh:

I know....I will never get a photo of the SQ 777-212ER 9V-SRE Star Allience scheme..

But i got this one. :) with flowers blooming and no more gray skies.

IPB Image

As we wait at holding point...this Jumbo Lino also waits for her take off clearance.

Slowly, i will master the art to shoot from inside the cockpit and balance the exposure inside and out...with flash and Bracketing :)

IPB Image

Great Story TK!

Appreciate everypart of it.

JetBlue or VirginBLue?

Edited by Walter Sim

IPB Image

You may find this kind of tow carm as well as the old style and together with the Crab like tow car here in HKG. :)

Captain taxis and line up runway 16..

Look how far we taxi into the runway before we make the turn so the main wheel align with the center line...

Imagine, the pivot point is way back..such allowance has to be made

IPB Image

Captain adjusted his glasses for the bumpy ride on the runway during take off...

The First Officer has his hands on throttle to power up the Mighty 777....

As for the swiss...its time for the moment to admire the Blue Boy in spring

IPB Image

As we rolled............ :blink:

IPB Image

Start's the rotation...gently, 2.5 degree per second is the rotation rate.

IPB Image

This is the Helli Grill spotting area....where spotters would enjoy and punish their camera to the max for such rotation shots :angry: ...........and Azman wasn't there!!!! :angry: :nea: :sorry:

IPB Image

After take off...visual LEFT turn, manual flying...........yank the control and turn the plane at 25 degrees angle of bank...super..Love it :D

IPB Image

fly malaysia airlines...you will love the sites and sounds of it

Thanks TK for the pictures.

It is a pain in the butt taxiing in a big big plane. I play FlightSimulator and it is tough turning in tight taxiways and turning.

I have a question, at what point do you engage your autopilot and let it fly according to your preset FMC route.

...in Australia, Virgin Blue (not jet blue) uses a small mini remote control tow truck...not hook to the nose wheel but on one of those main wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPB Image

That's what I saw at CDG also...mainwheel push-back; really funny way - wonder how they 'steer' the plane ? :blink:

TK, nice picture of the ex-Air Afrique DC-8 :p

Excellent sequence of shots of take-off roll and after take-off bank !!! :good:

exellent shots from the cockpit :good:.... you're getting better and better

thanks for sharing those shots :D

-snip-snip

As we wait at holding point...this Jumbo Lino also waits for her take off clearance.

Slowly, i will master the art to shoot from inside the cockpit and balance the exposure inside and out...with flash and Bracketing :)

-snip-

Time to invest in SB800 and couple of SB600s.... :rolleyes:

then you can use the SB600s as remote flashes position

strategically in the cockpit...

Also ask Capt to brighten up the displays just for the camera :rofl: