MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

Spiderman 'Heliconia' was spotted in Adelaide International Airport as I arrive in ADL this morning on Sierra 'Romeo & Juliet'. Aiks....ever bring my cam.

Sim, yes I met the headmaster in person and I was late by 20 mins :( Will post photos of the blue whale in here soon.... TK will be going spotting with Raj tomorrow, too bad I will be working......

OK SV. I wait for your photo. Next time when I visit you at AKL, I want to go to Ponsonby as well :D

OK SV. I wait for your photo. Next time when I visit you at AKL, I want to go to Ponsonby as well

You better come sooner than later :) Leaving NZ for good in 2008

Will post Heliconia's photo tonight

Edited by S V Choong

You better come sooner than later :) Leaving NZ for good in 2008

Will post Heliconia's photo tonight

Really ah? Where you heading in 2008?

Look forward to your Heliconia and headmaster photo.

Out of AKL recently....i also found out Subang is a Little bit quiet!!!

Because 9M-TGK is in AKL :)

IPB Image

Runway Tooo Treee LEEEFFVT...the "Z" land people are crazy with words <_>

IPB Image

Lunch was GOOD as always....LAMB!!!

IPB Image

Sunset was Beauty and BUMPY over Indon @ FL400

IPB Image

Technology in Aviation is as good as in our Handphones that we own and use everyday...

Short Message Services or SMS is a Norm in our communication life....so as in the 777 :D

This is an example of SMS from Brisbane Controller to MH 130... :) :) :)

IPB Image

so remember...when you SMS your friends or family....the Mighty 777 and some other airliner which is flying around this Globe is also doing the same thing...for aviation comm!!

Sim, thought i mentioned to you that I am heading towards HKG in the foreseeable future? :D

Baaaahhhhh, have to hurry-up with my AU/NZ plans :o :o

Technology in Aviation is as good as in our Handphones that we own and use everyday...

Short Message Services or SMS is a Norm in our communication life....so as in the 777 :D

This is an example of SMS from Brisbane Controller to MH 130... :) :) :)

IPB Image

so remember...when you SMS your friends or family....the Mighty 777 and some other airliner which is flying around this Globe is also doing the same thing...for aviation comm!!

TK,

Thanks for explaining this one: never knew communications via SMS were possibile this way - how do you respond to ATC ??? :mellow:

By SMS or by radio-comm ???

hah! that caught me by surprise TK, never knew the 777 has SMS service ! Only the T7? or does other aircraft have it.

Lunch was GOOD as always....LAMB!!!

IPB Image

Sunset was Beauty and BUMPY over Indon @ FL400

IPB Image

Lamb Must be your Favourite dish rite??

Nice sunset shot.. :good:

Controller Pilot Data Link Communication or CPDLC or SMS(in handphone world) in a 777 and a few other latest airliner is one way of talking to controller...Yes, we in the 777 are able to answer them...and other things that we can comm..

Not all FIR has it...example, flew from KUL-AKL, MH 777 are able to "Log On" to such systems where the OZ and the New Z has the facility. We just need to "Log On" the FIR 4 letter code in the 777 COM page.

Its all like two way "voice" comm, just that with CPDLC...its all with the aircraft Comm systems...no voice positon report needed!! :) cool....Press buttons only!!!

wah seehhh, bro! That Lamb looks really good!

And coming from NZ, it must have been some of the best!

Beautiful sunset there, hopefully one day I can experience the same views frequently :)

You're a true inspiration, TK!

p.s. any spotting pics from NZ, TK?

awesome TK .. really good stuff :D feel free to show us more :D

Edited by Edwin Yii

technology..... thanks for sharing TK, so that's the CPDLC you talked with Kwek during the 1st july spotting right? :lol:

Baaaahhhhh, have to hurry-up with my AU/NZ plans

Pieter, thought you are coming here during end of year? I might also pop over to Sydney to see Eugene Koh, Melbourne and Brisbane during X'mas. If the timeline works well, we could be on the same ship(s)!! :D

Pieter, thought you are coming here during end of year? I might also pop over to Sydney to see Eugene Koh, Melbourne and Brisbane during X'mas. If the timeline works well, we could be on the same ship(s)!! :D

Yeah, let's make some planes/schedules: plan to include PER/MEL/SYD/BNE and AKL + 1 South-Island destination (any suggestions ?)...Gibby, your input regarding dates appreciated aswell ;)

Controller Pilot Data Link Communication or CPDLC or SMS(in handphone world) in a 777 and a few other latest airliner is one way of talking to controller...Yes, we in the 777 are able to answer them...and other things that we can comm..

Not all FIR has it...example, flew from KUL-AKL, MH 777 are able to "Log On" to such systems where the OZ and the New Z has the facility. We just need to "Log On" the FIR 4 letter code in the 777 COM page.

Its all like two way "voice" comm, just that with CPDLC...its all with the aircraft Comm systems...no voice positon report needed!! :) cool....Press buttons only!!!

Thanks for the information, it really a lesson for me to gain my knowledge. :good:

Yeah, let's make some planes/schedules: plan to include PER/MEL/SYD/BNE and AKL + 1 South-Island destination (any suggestions ?)...Gibby, your input regarding dates appreciated aswell ;)

Pieter,Christchurch and Queenstown would be a good Place to visit Down South.

wah seehhh, bro! That Lamb looks really good!

And coming from NZ, it must have been some of the best!

Isn't that canabalism coming from NZ? Sorry, guys, couldn't resist! :rofl:

Pieter, any time is fine with me. I'm hoping to hop, skip and jump to MEL sometime at the end of year, but i'm very very flexible.

Hey Pieter. Nice to know that you're planning to pay a visit to the deep south to the Land of the Long Clouds. :rolleyes:

I'm in Christchurch by the way. When are you planning to visit NZ? :pardon:

Isn't that canabalism coming from NZ? Sorry, guys, couldn't resist! rofl.gif

If you are referring to the Maori eating up the Moriori clean, then that's bloody right! Yeap, Maori males in the past also have the habit of eating the corpse of the defeated men and take the women of the deceased.

Thats not a phenomena unique to NZ as far as history goes. It happened to Genghis Khan's tribes (the Mongolians) and the Huns (ancestors of the Hungarians).

By the way, the Maoris along with the Pacific Islanders like Samoan, Tongan, native Hawaiian and blah blah blah are said to be related to Malays, Indonesians and the natives of Taiwan. Their common ancestors are the Austronesians.

Pieter, I am quite likely to travel across the ditch (Tasman that is) between X'mas and New year period. Like Raj, if you want to go to South Island, definitely go to Christchurch or Queenstown. For spotting, it is best to go to Christchurch as Queenstown could be quite boring with only the Boeing 733, ATR-72s and Dash 8s.

Edited by S V Choong

Sim, thought i mentioned to you that I am heading towards HKG in the foreseeable future? :D

Aiyo, forgot oredi lah :lol:

So got to go to NZ before 2008. Better start saving money now. Air tickets to NZ are always not cheap

For spotting, it is best to go to Christchurch as Queenstown could be quite boring with only the Boeing 733, ATR-72s and Dash 8s.

For you, these might be boring, but for me: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guess, they're better 'photographable' than in AKL ?! ;)