MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

I can't wait to see pics of the interior of the 9M-MX? aircraft! :clapping: It won't be long now... :yahoo:

just in case anybody is interested. MLF has the MAS logo on the inside of the winglet as well.

MLG don't have this. According to a friend, one who did the MLG acceptance flight test...

Interesting..and here's the photo to prove it:

1786961.jpg

Photo copyright-Kevin Scott-Jetwash Images

Check out the inside of the winglet;there's no MAS logo on it.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

I just posted in the MAS forum that 9M-MXA was seen at BFI a few hours ago in what appears to be a new livery. :blink: Might be of interest to someone. :) No pics yet.

I just posted in the MAS forum that 9M-MXA was seen at BFI a few hours ago in what appears to be a new livery. :blink: Might be of interest to someone. :) No pics yet.

I think it is an interest to everyone! any scoops of the pictures yet?

9M-MXA just seen at BFI paint hangar in what appears to be a new livery.  Standby for updates.  :blink:

I hope it's not Eurowhite...

I hope it's not Eurowhite...

Chances are it is a minor variation of the current livery. Don't expect a major change like Biman or United.

No real updates I'm afraid. Only thing I know is that titling now reads "Malaysian Airlines" instead of "Malaysia" but it's not currently visible at BFI so can't update you on the livery. :rolleyes:

Great news! Though adding "airlines", which I believe would be located right under the word "Malaysia", would be the definition of a *minor* update :D

Edited by jani

Great news! Though adding "airlines", which I believe would be located right under the word "Malaysia", would be the definition of a *minor* update :D

I'd call it a reversion, because the old MH livery had the "Airlines" or more correctly "Airline System" underneath the Malaysia. I'd love to see a new MH plane in Retro colours!

So most probably the delivery flight will be end of this month??Possible??

Heard PM will launch the new a/c, but no idea how far it true...

and yes it come in new livery...but I can imagine is not a "WoW!" for me on new livery..hehe

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

I think you guys need to calm down! I have not said anywhere that there will definitely be a new livery. The only thing that could be seen from the angle it was at was the new titles. Given the fact that no fresh info has come out of my sources since (which is virtually unheard of for brand new livery changes) then I tend to side with Radzi that it's looking like just being a minor change. Time will tell though. :)

So most probably the delivery flight will be end of this month??Possible??

MXA is due for delivery at the end of October.

Edited by Radzi

I think you guys need to calm down! I have not said anywhere that there will definitely be a new livery. The only thing that could be seen from the angle it was at was the new titles. Given the fact that no fresh info has come out of my sources since (which is virtually unheard of for brand new livery changes) then I tend to side with Radzi that it's looking like just being a minor change. Time will tell though. :)

I think the fact there is something new going on the metals is exciting enough :)

Boeing has secured orders for 1,100 737s with the airframer's new Sky Interior, accounting for more than half of its single-aisle backlog. The company says that 45 airlines and leasing companies have selected the Sky Interior, up from 37 in late June.

FlyDubai is expected to take delivery of the first 737 with the Sky Interior in late October, an -800 model, before being slated for hand over for final completion and installation of the Lumexis fiber optic in-flight entertainment system.

The new weight-neutral interior includes 787-style overhead bins, LED lighting, revised passenger service unit and sculpted windows and sidewalls.

Existing customers have the option to keep the existing 737 Next Generation interior or move to the new Sky Interior. New customers have been required to select the new interior.

Boeing is currently evaluating the feasibility of providing a retrofit option to existing 737s, though early indications demonstrated such an installation would be extremely costly.

Of those 45 customers, only FlyDubai, Continental Airlines, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Malaysia Airlines, TUI Travel PLC, GOL Airlines, Lion Air and American Airlines have announced their intention to introduce Sky Interior 737s.

The new interior is part of a package of enhancements for the 737 family, which also include a 2% fuel burn improvement culled from aerodynamic refinements and the updated CFM56-7BE engine, which was jointly certified by FAA and EASA in August.

Source: http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/10/13/348423/boeing-signs-up-45-customers-for-737-sky-interior.html

its fresh!

and its a nice respite after seeing alot of reds in this part of the world yeah?

Also RobK - this is no minor re-livery :)

thanks for your updates

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

Was initially excited by the new livery, but can't help thinking the "modern" pattern looks abit similar to Garuda (??)

Expected something classier from Hibiscus/ Heliconia livery. The majority of white would seem rather out of place on a wide body (A380)

Was initially excited by the new livery, but can't help thinking the "modern" pattern looks abit similar to Garuda (??)

Expected something classier from Hibiscus/ Heliconia livery. The majority of white would seem rather out of place on a wide body (A380)

Actually the pattern is more organic here than the one on garuda.

It also breaks the tail-only colour that most airlines with new liveries tend to go for.

I do think the colour swishes will be more on the big dugong?

and white is lighter than coloured paints by pigment weight, from my understanding.

at least it will share design commonality with MASKargo.

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

I think it is okay....just okay...

HERE.

the first ever B738 for MH....with -8H6...

Edited by Mohd Idham