MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

MH will be taking delivery of 3 more leased B737-8FZ, brand-new from Seattle. In fact MLG should be arriving to KUL or SZB within a week.

I wonder how many B738's will MH lease? It looks like MH has just discovered that the B738 is vastly superior to the B734 and can't have enough of them!

MH equipment downgrade from A333 means MH is badly beaten by D7. DEL and other Indian cities were at one time high yield and high load routes for MH.

Instead of focusing on O&D pax, MH need to consider transit pax. Believe SQ is keeping a 772 at SYD for over 12 hours just to time arrival at SIN for quick connection to South Asia.

:drinks:

Its not a downgrade. The B738 is currently being deployed 5X weekly effective September 1, 2010 in addition to the daily evening A330 runs.

Its not a downgrade. The B738 is currently being deployed 5X weekly effective September 1, 2010 in addition to the daily evening A330 runs.

They must be making money on these routes then!

From HNL RareBirds,23 September 2010 :

Malaysia Airlines is taking delivery of 9M-MLG (c/n 31779), a 737-8FZ, and is making its flight from BFI as MAS5403.
Edited by MIR

Is 9M-MLG the last of the leased B738s?

No, there will be 2 more, for a total of 9.

Josh, not sure yet. 9M-MXA is scheduled to deliver on 29 Oct, but 9M-MLH is due to make first flight on 1 Oct and will likely deliver at some point during Oct as well. Although a delivery date has not yet been set for MLH, my gut feeling is that it will arrive before MXA. I'll advise the date when I have it. :)

Edited by RobK

Josh, not sure yet. 9M-MXA is scheduled to deliver on 29 Oct, but 9M-MLH is due to make first flight on 1 Oct and will likely deliver at some point during Oct as well. Although a delivery date has not yet been set for MLH, my gut feeling is that it will arrive before MXA. I'll advise the date when I have it. :)

Thanks, Rob!

So, does this mean that 9M-MLH will be the last of the leased B738s then?

No, there will be 2 more, for a total of 9.

Thanks for clarifying. It'll be so nice to see these new birds all over KLIA instead of those old B734s.

Nope. There is 9M-MLI to come after that. That is the last known leased one at present, but there are some more BBAM aircraft in the pipes that don't have lessees assigned yet. :)

Just saw this info on KLIA arrival Schedule for 26/9/10

MH 5403 26/09/2010 0:01:20:00 PM GUAM

Anyone there to welcome her with a few camera clicks ? Still 14 in use now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chaity

When will the lease expire? One think I'm afraid of is we will get a mix of cabin product from the new 738s (9M-MX_) and the leased ones. 9M-MX_ variants will feature Sky Interior and the all-new cabin, whilst the leased will have limited input from MH.

just in case anybody is interested. MLF has the MAS logo on the inside of the winglet as well.

MLG don't have this. According to a friend, one who did the MLG acceptance flight test...

The company tak nak. It's not even extra cost. Go figure.