MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

RobK, China Eastern had two B737s (a -700 and an -800) in HNL today, and the -700 left for PMI this morning as well. After 9M-MLF, this is the second time I've seen a flight route from HNL-PMI!

Flightaware, however, shows the route of flight headed for MAJ, perhaps it was a diversion?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CES299

The crew of the -800 decided to stay another night in HNL!

Here's another shot of 9M-MLF bound for PTPN:

mh738_7-10s.jpg?t=1280021719

Wow, she looks delicious!

That, and she looks very clean! i wonder how long that will last :)

I am curious how does the interior will look like? seeing she is new from the factory and all

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

I just don't like the miniature Wau on the winglets. Can MH change it into something more interesting? Like a stylised Malaysia flag or just make the whole winglets red (like Hibiscus).

As per 16JUL10 GDS timetable display, Malaysia Airlines has started Boeing 737-800 Domestic operation. Currently planned routes and flights are:

Kuala Lumpur – Kuching MH2504/2507 effective till 25OCT10

15JUL10 – 25OCT10 Day 3

Kuala Lumpur – Penang

MH1138/1143 20JUL10 – 25OCT10 Day 127

MH1152/1155 17JUL10 - Day 136

MH1154/1157 16JUL10 – 29OCT10 Day 5

MH1162/1165 05NOV10 - Day 5

Kuala Lumpur – Kota Kinabalu MH2642/2643 eff 16NOV10

16NOV10 – 13JAN11 Day 246

14JAN11 - Day 135

Kota Kinabalu – Kuching NEW 6 weekly 737-800 service from 15JAN11 (Frequency increase from 14 to 20 weekly on this route)

MH2807 BKI1600 – 1730KCH 738 x1

MH2806 KCH1810 – 1930BKI 738 x1

I just don't like the miniature Wau on the winglets. Can MH change it into something more interesting? Like a stylised Malaysia flag or just make the whole winglets red (like Hibiscus).

Under current climate, it will likely be changed to the 1 Malaysia logo if it is to be changed at all :)

In reply to Sri. Ramani K (via PM) and others:

MAS5403 departed PTPN at 0400z on 23 July to Guam and then departed around 2230z on 23 July for WMKK direct, again as MAS5403. Rough calculation with time offsets factored in means it should have arrived KUL early afternoon on 24th local time. :good:

Sorry, wrong photo posted.

9MMLE.jpg

Here is the photo of MLE taken on the 24th. I think by today she is already in service as she is not at the remote bay anymore.

In reply to Sri. Ramani K (via PM) and others:

MAS5403 departed PTPN at 0400z on 23 July to Guam and then departed around 2230z on 23 July for WMKK direct, again as MAS5403. Rough calculation with time offsets factored in means it should have arrived KUL early afternoon on 24th local time. :good:

Dayum! I was expecting it to arrive tomorrow or the day after that. :sorry: :sorry:

Dayum! I was expecting it to arrive tomorrow or the day after that. :sorry: :sorry:

:( Sorry, my ATC source at Guam was on his days off so I was having to rely on a HF listener to pick it up on the air, but I have been working since and unable to relay the info until now. It should have been on the trackers from the start though, as the old MAS94/95 flight to LAX always showed on flightaware just fine, so why this one didn't appear is a mystery unless the pilots didn't file the flight plan correctly. We'll have to see what happens with the next one. :)

I'm really interested to know what they look like inside too!

Radzi, she entered service on July 20 on MH782 to Bangkok. :good:

MLE in PEN on the 27 July. <_ problem loading the photo.>

Edited by Alan B.

Some more new B738s on their way soon. Next one is 9M-MLG (31779/3395) due to deliver next month. Then 9M-MLH (31723) and 9M-MLI (31793). All 3 are ex Delta Air Lines sold to Babcock & Brown and leased to MAS.

:good:

Anyone know what's happening with 9M-MLF ? Delivered over a month ago but no sign of it in service according to Libhomeradar site. :mellow:

Edited by RobK

Some more new B738s on their way soon. Next one is 9M-MLG (31779/3395) due to deliver next month. Then 9M-MLH (31723) and 9M-MLI (31793). All 3 are ex Delta Air Lines sold to Babcock & Brown and leased to MAS.

Anyone know what's happening with 9M-MLF ? Delivered over a month ago but no sign of it in service according to Libhomeradar site. :mellow:

here's a picture of it

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13832&view=findpost&p=261732z

9M-MLF doesn't appear to be flying - there's no signs of it on the SBS-1 radar box. Its supposed to have Mode-S code 750229 according to 737NG list.

Care to explain about the Mode-S code? I don't get what its about. Cheers!

Care to explain about the Mode-S code? I don't get what its about. Cheers!

Mode-S or ADS-B is basically an aircraft transmitted signal used as an identification for air traffic control. Each aircraft has a unique code with the first three digits identifying the country with the remaining digits usually specified by the local aviation authority. Its used worldwide and I understand it is a compulsory requirement for aircraft flying in Europe and Australia (including military). Most Malaysian commercial aircraft have it fitted.

Several companies have developed amateur receiving devices for enthusiasts to 'pick-up' the Mode-S signal such as SBS1, AirNav Radarbox and Aurora Eurotech Virtual Radar.

What happened to 9M-MLG? Is it being built? http://drewski2112.livejournal.com/1534.html says nothing to see here anymore??!

Silly question, does anyone have photos of the new interior and specs of the (revamped?) Golden Club Class seats? What do you think of them for regional flights? I have an upcoming flight lasting 5:20 DEL-KUL and am wondering how comfy it's going to be. Thanks.

Silly question, does anyone have photos of the new interior and specs of the (revamped?) Golden Club Class seats? What do you think of them for regional flights? I have an upcoming flight lasting 5:20 DEL-KUL and am wondering how comfy it's going to be. Thanks.

I'm not sure of the ones in the latest series of deliveries but on the ones that MH leased earlier, the GCC seats are now like what Garuda have on their 734s. SLightly - just slightly - more comfortable that what MH has on its 734s, with maybe inch or two extra leg room (in the standard rows). You will get the portable media players like what they dish out on the 330s.

One disadvantage if you do get a 738 that was designed for a LCC-esque service, there's no closet to hang jackets. However, the absence of the closet means the 1st row, seats 1A and 1C have acres of legroom, that a trolley can even be parked there and still give you sufficient legroom.