MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Has anyone noticed or commented on the similarity of MH's soon-be-past current livery and JAL's livery in the 80s?

1773881.jpg1291122.jpg

Wonder what people said back in 1987 about the then-new livery.

Coming straight from the Big Boss himself:

@FHavg @memeranglaut The Borneo Post pics are standard Boeing ones from the looks of it. Ours has not been shown yet!

time to poke the ad dept about misrepresentation?

@FHavg @memeranglaut The Borneo Post pics are standard Boeing ones from the looks of it. Ours has not been shown yet!

time to poke the ad dept about misrepresentation?

AYOH! You mean I went through the scanning and posting all for nothing? Actually for the domestic route, I don't mind the seats featured...

Wonder what people said back in 1987 about the then-new livery.

My first impression all those years ago, from a double page advert in the Economist, it's a Malaysianized version of SQ's then already iconic livery :)

Couldn't help it, not with that sloping cheatline at bottom rear of fuselage :pardon:

Thanks for the great close-up pic! I still think the blue bit should be on top. It will flow better into the wau.

My first impression all those years ago, from a double page advert in the Economist, it's a Malaysianized version of SQ's then already iconic livery :)

Couldn't help it, not with that sloping cheatline at bottom rear of fuselage :pardon:

I remember not liking the current livery when it first came out but I have grown to love it. I'm sure it will be the same with this new one although i think it needs more colour, especially blue.

Not likely MH will want to run risk of a misleading/false advertisement ? :pardon:

In light of dah-man's tweet quoted above, I should retract what I said earlier :sorry:

Reading through the MAS MD's Twitter, he also mentioned about 'photos' that someone took recently...and MAS would make official announcement about it soon...could that be the a.net photos of the new livery?

Oh common guys, it's not that bad :huh:

Think about it this way, they'll now have more canvas space to stick their different campaigns, e.g. VMY, orang utans, 1Malaysia, Mt Kinabalu, twin towers, mega sale, year end sale, Cuti-cuti M'sia, MHmobile, MH deals, M'sian Hospitality, 5 Star Service, Best Cabin Crew, Everyday Low Fares.... etc etc etc.. :D

It's their new interiors that I'm more interested in B)

Yeah, it's honestly NOT that bad - if you remind yourself often enough that it can be worse

Johan,

That modified cheatline really works !

The tail - perhaps retain the current white with logo (MH logo, NOT 1Malaysia !)

i stayed up on a school night for this so don't shoot me...I used the most basic of program...PAINT! Yes! Very painstakingly cut and paste here and there and paint here and there...see if you like it...just MY VERSION of what I think MH would look good in...

738-basic.gif

Without the grey bottom...

738-basic2.gif

With the grey bottom...

Aye? Anyone?

Johan: Looking good, tho for the tail, I would still stick with the current design and remove the 'wau' from the nose and engines..

i stayed up on a school night for this so don't shoot me...I used the most basic of program...PAINT! Yes! Very painstakingly cut and paste here and there and paint here and there...see if you like it...just MY VERSION of what I think MH would look good in...

Aye? Anyone?

No reason for u to get shot..tho they're not to my liking..but nevertheless, good effort..just my thought..

Johan: Looking good, tho for the tail, I would still stick with the current design and remove the 'wau' from the nose and engines..

Agreed. Also, if they want, they can also use the new "MALAYSIAAIRLINES" but not big like this.

And if they want to take away the grey, that'd be okay too. All white with the cheatline.

Leather seat , very LCC'ish

Doesn't absolutely have to be - very much depends on variety of 'leather' used ;)

Doesn't absolutely have to be - very much depends on variety of 'leather' used ;)

SQ use leather seats in J and they look amazing.

was on MLF from CMB to KUL early this morning, no PTV or even portable IFE for business class. no leg support (i don't know what it's called, the one that support your leg when u recline the seat) ... even though the seat is comfortable, still leg support would make it much better!

was on MLF from CMB to KUL early this morning, no PTV or even portable IFE for business class. no leg support (i don't know what it's called, the one that support your leg when u recline the seat) ... even though the seat is comfortable, still leg support would make it much better!

9M-MLF is still one of the leased B737-800s, hence no PTV. I'm surprised they didn't supply the portable IFE units unless, of course, they only keep those on the A330s.

Edited by Josh T