MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

MAS New Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior

Very Very Very Very interesting livery. Looks good but I just have a feeling that there's just too much white paint. Can you Imagine if it gets dirty. MH will really need to keep them clean.

Not the change that I had feverishly hoped for ... looks like a quick-fix update done in-house.

But positively, it still is a significant improvement over the present livery. I love that it is white - top and bottom - and no longer do we see the grey (or sometimes brownish) bottom. I like that the full titles of Malaysia Airlines is now painted but it is a pity that the lovely wau bulan logo is not given an update.

Nevertheless, a positive change and congratulations MAS! With the number of airlines going into bad livery change, this change in all honesty is not bad at all. The all-time ugly change for me was the one by Yugoslav Airlines (JAT). The famous livery it had in the 1980s was its best before it became the short-term one with the bright blue and red on the tail ... and finally the super ugly dotty one now.

KC Sim

I like this new livery. :clapping:

Now waiting to see what it will be like on their new A333's, A332F's and A380's.

Congratulations MH! New aircraft, new livery, new interior! :yahoo:

The change is welcome but I personally don't like it :( I really liked the cheatline of the old livery.

Edited by jani

It'll take a bit of getting used to but I do quite like it and I'm sure it'll grow on me. I don't know about you guys but the kite on the tail now looks "old" compared to the livery on the fueslage. I'll have to wait to see the new livery on the new A333s before I finally make up my mind about it.

It looks "fresh" and very "dynamic" with the red and blue "swish" rearwards...but I would like to see a longer and prominent blue along the red line....i will missed the "grey" bottom of the lod livery...it helps to mask the "splatter" when landing on rainy and wet runways...to the old livery, WE WILL MISS YOU!

its fresh!

and its a nice respite after seeing alot of reds in this part of the world yeah?

Also RobK - this is no minor re-livery :)

thanks for your updates

I had to be cautious about it to save me from getting egg on my face. ;)

Separate topic - 9M-MLH is on its way. Just arrived Honolulu now. :)

Actually, I agree that there's just a bit too much white. I couldn't quite put my finger on it earlier. It may look too white on the larger aircraft.

Nice! But honestly, a little too much white to if you ask me. Is this gonna be a new livery for all of MH's planes or just this one to mark the introduction of BSI?

Edited by SherM

Big & small jellyfish swimming along & following a giant stingray :D

Erm...ok...the stingray is kinda stretching the imagination a little bit. :nea:

Edited by Josh T

Josh T : " I don't know about you guys but the kite on the tail now looks "old" compared to the livery on the fueslage."

Agree with this comment. This is the result when the livery on the fuselage is given a treatment totally independent of the tail. It probably is a management brief that clearly spelt out for the logo on the tail not to be touched. I wish the new livery had used a deeper blue and a deeper red (almost burgurndy).

It remains to be seen if this livery will stand out nicely when applied on bigger aircraft. I am concerned that the two patches of red and blue on the fuselage will be quite massive on the A380. But I think on the B744, it will be quite nice.

Let's give this livery a chance ... how nice if the two "stingray" patches on the fuselage can be of different colours on different aircraft ... or perhaps be modified to feature subtle batik patterns.

KC Sim

Not too exicted, but still alright considering the trend of airline livery at this moment.

It will be interesting on how this livery will look on widebodies, especially on Whalejet.

The exterior part is too white, that's why MAS livery doesn't come into much attraction and and could easily looked old and dirty. KLM is rather nicer. Good to know that B738 comes with PTV.

The only thing I like about that one is the Sky Team logo :D

Anyway, someone on a.net said that what they should have done was to just put the "AIRLINES" into the current livery. That would have been great.

Edited by jani

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/photos/big/00005571.jpg

Would like it with a little more blue like this one...taken from cardatabase.net

Actually, that would look so much nicer than the new livery. It's not so white and there's lots of blue. The livery on the fuselage matches the kite on the tail better. I'd use the new livery version of the malaysia airlines word but starting more to the front. Can someone try that and we can see how it looks?

Edited by Jonathan Kong

It'll take a bit of getting used to but I do quite like it and I'm sure it'll grow on me. I don't know about you guys but the kite on the tail now looks "old" compared to the livery on the fueslage. I'll have to wait to see the new livery on the new A333s before I finally make up my mind about it.

Ooh, I don't know how you can update the wau logo without distorting it too much. I kinda like the new livery.

actually, at least for me, the new livery works.

if you notice the angle of the video, you can see the blue and red flowing into the kite, and when the 738 passes by the red looks like it is going forever to the back.

but then i really need to see it up close.