MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

One of those working days...

KUL-NRT...again on BLUE Heliconia 777....flew MRD 3 times in 3 weeks!!!

IPB Image

enroute...

flight was empty...low season..so no one seated at row 5...then can take photo of Blue RR.

Took the right engine from ZRH-KUL...now left engine for KUL-NRT

IPB Image

Narita-Kota Kinabalu-Kuala Lumpur. MH 81, currently twice a week...will be reduce to one per week.

Good load during high season for Kota Kinabalu...Japanese wanna enjoy good time in Sabah...you name it..Forest, Mountain, Beach...under water...under ground...and so on...

Flying Towards East...via Manila then Palawan Island to Kay Kay...

so sunny today.. :)

IPB Image

Lovely Claudia took care of the Passenger and the rest of the crew... :)

Take a look of the side table...this is DOOR 1 Right.

IPB Image

Ok...flying time.......

Most of you know that some time around 1500-1800 is a wet time for Malaysia..

Heavy Rain...thunderstorm and so on....not good for an airliner operations.

Kota Kinabalu ATIS says BKI is more than 10km...BUT during descent....its another story :o

IPB Image

we deviated almost 30nm to the left of track.....its by visual look out and also the help of weather radar.

One thing to note....from North of Sabah...we over fly Kudat due to weather deviation....too much to the east of BKI....MOUNT KINABALU is something to watch out!!!! Here she is.. in those puffy look so good but not that friendly clouds!!!

IPB Image

YK...weather was too wet in NRT...dont dare for a shot!! :blink:

after turning left and right, descent with speedbrake...number 3 for approach runway 02.

we had the final to us for zero two...sun about to set..gloomy sky

Long final...02 :)

IPB Image

hhhmmmm...737s everywhere. :o

IPB Image

......"Radzi...stay there....."......... :angry:

IPB Image

777 coming down....runway coming up to us......... :huh:

dont land before the treshold :angry: so the long runway doesn't seems to be that long lar for a 777!!

IPB Image

hold it steady.... <_>

IPB Image

smooth touch by my Captain....

MH 81 safely in BKI...

Docking in for Bay One at KKIA :rolleyes:

one down, one to go.... :angry: BKI-KUL (2 sectors for us today)

IPB Image

so guys....please support Malaysia Airlines. Its a great way to fly. :) he he he he

OMG, TK, you really made me so homesick by showing these wonderful 02 approach- and landing shots; would have loved to be on that very same flight and plane - would have been my 1st 777 flight EVER and, moreover, it would have been Heliconia !!! :D

Woooa !!!! I Must Do KK Scenery For Flight Sim. That Approach Woooa!!! :blink::blink: What A Amazing Pic. Thank You Very Much Mr.TK for Sharing. This Image Will be Added in my KK Scenery Resourse file.

Edited by Ibrahim

IPB Image

This is a definite impressive shot, showing the whole airport. This also remind me the AMS airport overview pix taken exactly from the same angle!

Claps claps claps..Great angle..Never see an approach picture with this angle..:D

TK, try to fix these pictures..I cnat see it. Anyone is facing this problem too?

after turning left and right, descent with speedbrake...number 3 for approach runway 02.

Long final...02

777 coming down....runway coming up to us.........

dont land before the treshold so the long runway doesn't seems to be that long lar for a 777!!

Edited by Min Chun

Claps claps claps..Great angle..Never see an approach picture with this angle..:D

TK, try to fix these pictures..I cnat see it. Anyone is facing this problem too?

let me help... Maybe the Image Hosting Problems. I Can see the Image last night but now nop. :huh:

Long final...02

IPB Image

777 coming down....runway coming up to us.........

dont land before the treshold so the long runway doesn't seems to be that long lar for a 777!!

IPB Image

Edited by Ibrahim

Stunning pictures TK. I especially like the tail of MRD, and scenes of BKI and Mount Kinabalu were great. I'll be on MH T7 for my trips to KCH or BKI B)

Marvelous TK... :D

I am a proud Malaysian, walking infront of thousands foreign passenger and they look at me...seeing a Local Malaysian flying FOR Malaysia Airlines.

I hope MH will survive...oh yes they will.

Ohh yes indeed.... :)

i am in the mood for posting some shots...

This time 9M-Heliconia.

Close ups during my walk around.

IPB Image

One and only 777 with MH logo on its engines. Inner side is RR logo.

IPB Image

Where is the Cargo door...??

IPB Image

Wing to Body fairing

IPB Image

Aft Cargo door...Do you know that the Aft cargo Door are smaller in size and have a different hinge?

IPB Image

Looks like an insects abdomen

IPB Image

IPB Image

Have a pleasant flight. :)

Runway Three Two Right viewed from inside Romeo Delta Cockpit.

IPB Image

Lovely set of pictures again TK. The colours of MRD blend so well with the sky. Add a touch of red from the MAS logo and the pictures look brilliant. Hope you'll be in the mood for more postings of pics, especially close-up views which we pax can only glance from afar.

Woooa :blink: Realy nice pic of Blue Spiderman.. next time can you shot a pic of obs.hill for me.. please ???

The Angle is Amazing.. Agree with what Rozhan Said. More More !!!

Excellent, excellent and excellent !

First, pics of BKI which could only have existed in the imagination of mere mortals like us before this.

Then, close up pics of MRD for me to compare against my Dragon Wings 1:400 version (pretty good in my opinion !)

Thank you for sharing is the least one can say for now :) :)

taking an approach shots in BKI is one thing, i was on duty, not on jump seat or something.

weather was OK, Captain was ok with it, so that is why i was able to shoot.

By the way, the approach shots, i just put my camera on the dash board, and shoot without looking through the eye piece. Just press the shutter release button, hear the auto focus working and "click click click" :).

I prefer to carry the D70, smaller and lighter than the D200 with the 18-200mm VR, the VR helps at low shutter speed 1/30s, f3.5 and ISO 200.

Bit of Photoshop editing and sharpening, then DONE. :)

9M-Heliconia...one of those RARE days i flew her during the day.

So while "walk around the airliner"...i shoot lar.. :)

Nice to share with all of you out there. :D