MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

Ooo...luckily this one doesnt appear in newspaper..or else another bad news which 'may' affect MAS..TK..these pics r from ur trip? what route? blink.gif

Edited by Min Chun

wow, thats not we see often.

TK, whos fault is it for that blow tyre, you ar? tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Wow, that jack must be tough man, to lift up the whole plane..

The wheels are HUGGE too.

Waooo.. That Tyre So Damn Mahal I Think.. biggrin.gif Don't Worry one tyre blow have five other.. hahahaha. laugh.gif More More Posting Here TK.

Ooo...luckily this one doesnt appear in newspaper..or else another bad news which 'may' affect MAS..TK..these pics r from ur trip? what route?  blink.gif

19002[/snapback]

I don't think it would be bad news.

wow the tyre are so HUGH~

TK, how much it cost each? and how long is typical lifespan of a tyre?

pimp my ride ah tongue.gif

19000[/snapback]

ahahaha that would look awesome lah weiii... what size mags would you need???! 100" AC Schnitzers man!

ahahaha that would look awesome lah weiii... what size mags would you need???! 100" AC Schnitzers man!

19204[/snapback]

Dont forget the Stillen Hydraulics man.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bump...Bump....Bump....Bump.... rolleyes.gif

It appears most aircraft do not have mud guards for their wheels. Doesn't this pose a hazard from stray debris on the runway upon takeoff or landing, and cause dents to the belly or other parts near the wheel?

Hmmm, something we never quite observe hehe, but I do notice Mig have mud guards,.. Russian airport more muddy then the rest I reckon?!!! Doesnt that create drag? huh.gif

so far no dent on the 777, accept my Iswara..ha ha ha ha biggrin.gif

Major airport runways are some how "clean"...

My night departure to Frankfurt at taxiway Sierra 7...a white "cat" cross in front of us..

What a "pussy"....called Ground and mentioned to them about the cat.

They answer..."shooh"..."shooh"....we all laugh!!! laugh.gif

i remember in Subang...i had a monitor lizard crossed.

My captain asked..."which is a good luck sign...crossed right to left or left to right..?"....anyone.... huh.gif

TK, how about some experiences about your flight.... i read about your aborted takeoff in another thread the other day.

hi brendan..

if i'm not mistaken..r u d one from mfa??

Today, i am bound for another trip to europe.

my 4th flight of the month and this month i have 5 flights. which i concider a lot for a wide body pilot. But its a norm now as we dont have enough pilots in respective fleet due to some of fellow, respected and experience Pilots left for the sand dunes.

Flight plan is what a Pilot needs for a flight.

MH despatch operation will do the rest for planning on our route and they will file the flight plan to respective ATC along our route. remember how many countries we require to cross for a 12:00 hours flight.

Flight plan, computer generated. Final or assume weight figure will be inserted, then with the current wind direction and speed, it will calculates our elapse time for every waypoint we cross and fuel at waypoints.

For a start, i will show you few examples. Flight simmers you all will benifit for your route planning before you start your engines. cool.gif

This is my VIE-KUL flight on the 1st Dec 2005.

user posted image

Fuel we carried on this flight

user posted image

Roughly, forecast weather we will fly through out our journey...bumpy!! ohmy.gif

user posted image

Have a safe journey. smile.gif

Very nice to see this, TK, and good to see your alternative is SZB wink.gif

Any immigration/customs still there ?

Alternate Subang..

Well, we use to nominate Penang/PEN, then the BC fuel if you look at the fuel figure under BC = 2600Kg for Subang. If it would be Penang, it will be more, then total fuel uplift or ordered will be more!!!

By the way, we ordered extra 2000Kg, why...our alternate forecast weather for SZB,PEN and SIN was showers and rain in the morning.

Imagine if KUL is under heavy thunderstorm...imagine where are all the Pilots will go...those 3 aerodromes above!!!!! dry.gif 2000kg, gives 20 minutes of time.

average 777 fuel burn, 6000 Kg per Hour.

Trying to save weight=saving fuel, to the minimum.

It might look a little but try calculate all 777 flights, in 365 days.

If we were to Divert to subang due to bad weather in KLIA, passenger are not allowed to disembark. No such thing like immigration or customs there or even passenger handling services.

It is just an alternate to land, top up fuel and wait for KUL snowy weather to clear and fly back. blink.gif

Look at fuel details i publish,

AB is fuel of burn off, from VIE-KUL = from A to B

BC is diversion fuel for KUL-SZB = from B to C

i will explain further if any of you guys have any questions. wink.gif

good insight TK.

Speaking about fuel, i heard planes from Heathrow are taking off with not much fuel after the Hemel Hempstead blow which requires them to stop at other destination to fill up fuel. Has Malaysia Airlines been affected and where did there stop if it happens?

This is my VIE-KUL flight on the 1st Dec 2005.

user posted image

20471[/snapback]

LOWW (SID) ABLOM UL725 LEDRI UM985 NIT UM991 VILUR B494 TESMI B450 LASKA UB450 MARAL B450 MAMED A240 AFGAN UV838 RANAH L750 ZB G202N BI 3E100 TIGER L333 KKJ L759 PUT B579 VPG A457 AGOSA (STAR) WMKK

That is the flight plan i use for simming .. Pretty close i must say.

Btw - whose writing is that (fuel calculation) ..? You or your Capt ..?

Got some similarity with my writing. Terrible writing .. biggrin.gif