MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

in China.......they dont call Altitude in FEET.....its in METERS...

user posted image

look at the Altimeter Tape on the Pilot Flying Display (RIGHT display)

It shows altitude in FL374 meaning 37,400 feet

and above it...... it also displays 11400M

Boeing, has a button to switch on the Meters display....cool....or else i have to have this paper written all the Feet to Meters conversion tables!!! smile.gif

few other countries uses Meters as their primary altitude reporting...

apart from China......some russian federation states. Interesting.....

blink.gif blink.gif huh.gif huh.gif

Bro..

Why is ur altitude set at FL374? I thought they would assign you "round figures"... huh.gif huh.gif

Btw...

METRIC ALL THE WAY!

round figures........not in china....its in Meters...so no round figures...

in the city of Shanghai....got many round figures....h e he he he he... biggrin.gif

..wang wang thouzang four hundeled meeeterz......

or eleveng thouzang four hundeled meeterz........

as how it pronounce by the Mandarin controller.......

ATC over China.....

with each other...they just chong cheng....chong cheng....in mandarin..

with foreign airliner....we got to risten carefurry.........

he he he he... wink.gif

hheeyyy..........another MH 777...PVG-KUL morning departure from PVG...

2 flights per day mmaaa......

user posted image

Ohhh...

Reminds me of this Japanese ATC controller here in OMDB. laugh.gif

There was this one incident where he was instructing this EK A340 to go around because an a/c was on the runway..late to turn off....My father heard it in his office...

ATC: Emehhlatess (or something like that) 114..Go Alound...Ob-stluc-shunn onnn runwaayyy...

EK114: Dubai Tower (?), Say again please...

REPEATS TWO MORE TIMES....BY THEN...THE CHIEF CONTROLLER INTERVENES AND SHOUTS...(Arab)

Ehmmm...Emireetteesss wan wan forrrrr....Go Ahh-rounddd immeeeeddiateleeeeeeee....Ob-sdruc-shunnn on da runwayyyy

Then only the a/c go around....

Make me wonder...shouldn't they be trained to SPEAK CLEARLY? I mean...the aircraft could have collided with the aircraft or something.... blink.gif

Yeah, the Mandarin is a problem. I remembered it was featured on NatGeo documentary about UAL's longest long-haul (at that time) from Chicago-Beijing a couple of years ago.

Taiwan's CAA also regonized this problem. They sponsored their ATC staff to be re-trained by native-English speakers.

I like HK ATC the best, sometimes you get female controllers with good English accent...good voice too.

well, that happens with accent. I watched Koffee With Karan on star world, its an english indian talk show and their speech is really attached to their accent. Same happens to the chinese as well, every country has their own accents. Malaysian have thiers, singaporeans have that, australians too but I one thing is worst might be germans or french speaking english If you watch CCTV the China Based English News Channel, their newscaster i think are all trained by americans, but some is like trying very hard to imitate the americans in speech and this is pathetic. looks so fake.

Well, understanding accents are quite funny too as when i was on TG, i had the stewardess repeat 3 times for me to understand this statement "i'm sorry your reading light is out of order"

nevertheless, QUALITY STUFF TK! I love them man! [and you too]

Are they any reason behind the Chinese using Metres and not Feet? Won't

it be even easier if the regulations states and make sure the whole world uses feet.

And i heard that the second officer and the captain do not eat the same meal inflight. Is this valid? And darn, your food delicious man. Make me water.

I'll be awaiting for more pictures from you Mr TK! Nice StufF!!!!

Can do dokumentari already.

Edited by Walter Sim

hheeyyy..........another MH 777...PVG-KUL morning departure from PVG...

2 flights per day mmaaa......

user posted image

15020[/snapback]

OH COOL TK!!! Nice condenstaion! Its seems like rocket..Malaysia homemade rocket! "MalaysianOne"! laugh.gif

Tk, if cant hear clearly..ask him/her to communicate with u in chinese then..easier..haha!

Edited by Min Chun

Cool... Mr.Superman take a photo.. Can make a Documantary from departure and arrive.. Mr. TK ???

Beyond ordinary pics again TK. Thanks for the great views, especially the meal tray! Not really interested with the food actually, but the lovely Noritake fine china pieces. Evergreen batik design.... can be traced back to the 1970s, with slight modifications to the logo.

Language, fly in meters, crossing traffic, night long hours, sleeping timing out.. sex timing out..expensive coffee or food...thats why i like the job.....

hhhhmmmm...

"...ladies and gentlemen, we are about to land at Pudong Shanghai inter....."

user posted image

many times i tried to get a shot of Pudong...inflight...its either terrible haze, low clouds and so on...now i have a clear weather....airport on my left!! Darn... mad.gif

woah, cantiekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

For a second thought i tought your goint to land on the highway, till i see the runway on the right.

Edited by Walter Sim

Tk, if cant hear clearly..ask him/her to communicate with u in chinese then..easier..haha!

15047[/snapback]

Yalah! I'm sure you understand it by now! rolleyes.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

neways,tempting the food may be,but its not quite delicious.personal opinion

Food on a nice fine-china plate with MAS logo taste good. On economy class plastic dish or disposable aluminium dish with aluminium cover with "Selamat Menjamu Selera" and "Bon Appetit" embossed , not so good.....me thinks smile.gif

I think the reason why the pics of Putrajaya and KL were so clear is because it was so near the recent DeepaRaya celebrations and most cars would have left KL to balik kampung. No haze or pollution hanging over Klang Valley, as is the case all the time. Fresh air for us KL folks smile.gif