MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

On 'Romeo Kilo' This Time Arr.. 13hour Realy Long FLight blink.gif

Love the Way Point Name.. Weird But Cool.. AGOSA,BOBOB,OKTOG.....bla.bla. wub.gif

Pilot will learn all these flight plan and so on during their initial training.

But what's then in training school...we DO OUR OWN flight plan and calculated all the bearing againts the wind direction and so on.

But once in an airliner fleet...we learn from scratch too.

Flight plan is prepared by the dispatch office.

Pilot go...look see and look see again...trust their job, accept it and order fuel.

As years goes by...experience plays a role.

Flight plan is my daily newspaper, FMC is another handphone and an aircraft is still an aircraft!!!! laugh.gif

Engine Anti Ice...use during temperature +10 degrees C to -40 degrees C with visible moisture present, like cloud,rain snow and so on.

Pilot will observe the Outside temperature from the aircraft, then we decide upon then. 777 has an AUTO Engine and Wing anti ice.

There this one ice probe at the nose...it will detect ice few times and compare temperature in the computer and then it will switch on by itself.

Smart...Pilot just verify that it works. Or Pilot still have full control to switch it ON if required.

example...in europe now, almost all places are below 10 degrees C and sometimes snow or rain is around the airport...so we put anti ice ON after engine start up until take off and climb, when we above all clouds...no more moisture...we switch it OFF.

At 34,000 feet...sometime the temp is colder than -40 degrees C...so no need anti ice up there actually!!! rolleyes.gif

As for Ibrahim...enjoy the flight.

Dont forget to call Position TIGER to Karachi...if you dont call, CANNOT ENTER!!!

Maybe after this i will come up with the Radio frequency of all the countries i fly across.

Happy new year to all...i be counting the new year countdown in the 777 tonight.

Take care...make a 777 wish for this new 2006. wink.gif

wow..educational TK..really appreciate that..Wish every aircraft including T7 flying safely in 2006! smile.gif biggrin.gif

Happy New Year everyone! TK, where will u be celebrating the countdown ar? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Min Chun

Very educational TK. Thanks heaps.

You have a good new year countdown onboard the 777 and have a good rest on New Year's day wherever it is that you're flying to.

TK would be doing countdown with the passengers in the plane.

Educational stuff TK, looking forward for more!

Position TIGER to Karachi

wow..educational TK..really appreciate that..Wish every aircraft including T7 flying safely in 2006!  smile.gif  biggrin.gif

Happy New Year everyone! TK, where will u be celebrating the countdown ar?  rolleyes.gif

22566[/snapback]

I think he'll do the countdown much later than most of us

here in Malaysia... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Some where way above ground within the flightlevel?? unsure.gif

Edited by Norman

Happy New Year people of Malaysianwings.com community people, I'm here in New York still waiting another 10 hours for 2006. Hope you enjoy you new year.

TK, what's ur next flight.........I may want to be in your flight so I can have a cockpit visit(if you let). Flew Continental n CX thousands of time but no luck. My last cockpit visit is on MH 94 from TPE to LAX. Around first quater next year I'm going to fly from Europe to KL, so can you tell me some of your future flights for me to book in advance.........this massage apple to all Pilot fly from Europe to KL.....tq...........desperately need to see cockpit......lol

Happy New Year Y'll

Peter Max,

Are you really Peter Max?

If you are i think you have a whole aircraft livery dedicated to you.. i think.

22710[/snapback]

Sure , why not laugh.gif

Peter Max,

Are you really Peter Max?

If you are i think you have a whole aircraft livery dedicated to you.. i think.

22710[/snapback]

There are even (neverending) threads dedicated to the discussion of Peter Max livery at airliners.net. They are now into Part III or something. laugh.gif

Good to have someone on the other side of the dateline on board, Peter. biggrin.gif

The neverending Peter Max thing, that is stupid blink.gif , who the hell in the world track an aircraft with special livery, why dont we make a never ending Hibiscus livery thread smile.gif , track where it goes etc. pretty much follow her ass alltime,

Well, flying with that aircraft once from New York to Hong Kong..........something never forget, next target...................Hibiscus, ready or not here I come wink.gif

So, are we on with the NEVER ENDING HIBISCUS THREAD? laugh.gif

The neverending Peter Max thing, that is stupid blink.gif , who the hell in the world track an aircraft with special livery, why dont we make a never ending Hibiscus livery thread smile.gif , track where it goes etc. pretty much follow her ass alltime,

Well, flying with that aircraft once from New York to Hong Kong..........something never forget, next target...................Hibiscus, ready or not here I come wink.gif

So, are we on with the NEVER ENDING HIBISCUS THREAD? laugh.gif

22722[/snapback]

I agree it is quite stupid. wink.gif

I never bothered finish reading the posts even in Part I. Well, what that thread tells us is there are some aviation freaks who will follow 'an' airplane to end of the earth! laugh.gif

If we ever start the 'Never Ending Hibiscus Thread' then we'll probably get flamed good. tongue.gif

Enjoy your trip in Hibiscus though. smile.gif

Edited by Ricky Tiong

If we ever start the 'Never Ending Hibiscus Thread' then we'll probably get flamed good.  tongue.gif

Then are we going to start one?

Then are we going to start one?

22726[/snapback]

The problem with Hibiscus is, there are two planes with that livery...are we gonna follow MPB or MPD ohmy.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

The problem with Hibiscus is, there are two planes with that livery...are we gonna follow MPB or MPD  ohmy.gif  wink.gif  laugh.gif

22729[/snapback]

hmmm...very true, let's follow both asses, MPD and MPB..........how bout that, that will make the thread two times bigger than Peter Max cause Peter MAX only by one aircraft, we got two wink.gif

OK, you start and than I'll fill-out the dates either one of them are at AMS rolleyes.gif

OK, you start and than I'll fill-out the dates either one of them are at AMS  rolleyes.gif

22857[/snapback]

No.....you start it, cuz if you screw up, you got blame, not me tongue.gif

No.....you start it, cuz if you screw up, you got blame, not me tongue.gif

22879[/snapback]

Hey hey... mad.gif

Let's keep the malicious language down to a minimum..or better yet..nonexistent k...

We're all friends here... smile.gif

Plus..i doubt you'd get "BLAMED" ,per say, if you get a date wrong...you'll just be corrected...and that would probably be the end of it...

Hey hey... mad.gif

Let's keep the malicious language down to a minimum..or better yet..nonexistent k...

Plus..i doubt you'd get "BLAMED" ,per say, if you get a date wrong...you'll just be corrected...and that would probably be the end of it...

22887[/snapback]

well said, bro Imran smile.gif

Hey hey... mad.gif

22887[/snapback]

Sorry unsure.gif

Hi TK,

Read your postings and find it quite fascinating myself. Me from across the causeway but kampung in KL. Maybe we have met somewhere in the airports or blue yonders. U happen to operate MH134 BNE-KUL? Me in SQ 246 BNE-SIN this morning.

Maybe I should start a thread like yours so as to give an insight into operations and the places and also the food we have onboard in Singapore to the rest of the Malaysian Wings members here. However me armed only with a Sony T7 camera. Hmm.....

Fly safe,

Leech