MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

actually from the view of your food, is it hard to eat? since the plates are just pitting on your leg... i beleive it is hard to eat especially when we are hungry right? is there anything can hold it just like airbus do? as i know they have...

what if turbulence happen when the cruel is having their meals? haha... is there any cases that the crew smashed their food inside the cabin?  ohmy.gif

21745[/snapback]

Eating with the tray on your lap is an acquired skill, really. Not only that, you still have to fly the aircraft and listen to the radio as well. While chatting with to the other crew as well.

Turbulence while eating? No way! You don't eat while there is turbulence. The best thing about being a tech crew is that you know when turbulence is coming....It is whether you can avoid it or not.

Eating with the tray on your lap is an acquired skill, really. Not only that, you still have to fly the aircraft and listen to the radio as well. While chatting with to the other crew as well.

Turbulence while eating? No way! You don't eat while there is turbulence. The best thing about being a tech crew is that you know when turbulence is coming....It is whether you can avoid it or not.

21766[/snapback]

well, why don't they install something being used in every business class those table? i mean those which can take from the arm rest of the chair? isn't that this will ease the pilots? huh.gif

i have an experience is that the turbulence come without any prior notice from the flight crew, i beleive if the crew know that there is turbulence coming they will give notice?? ohmy.gif

gulp.

tis gonna be my homework beginning 2007...

21769[/snapback]

For a passing mark, you'll have to have a full meal doing PEN - KUL without missing any of the regular works.

Paris Charles De Gaulle.

The land of Asterix and Obelix (french cartoon)

MH 20 and MH 21, operated by 777 with 747 ops in between.

Normal winter time that MH operates both fleet.

As for me, short stay, arrive at 06:00, then next day depart at 1200. Terrible way to rest. Knowing on boxing day, Pieter in AMS and the rest in KUL enjoying spotting...infair.

CDG terminal one....terrible terminal.

Its a circular building, small!!!

Ground floor is check in counter, then take the walkalator tube to ascend to another floor.

user posted image

Then go back in a tunnel for the satelite terminal around the stupid circular terminal 1.

user posted image

user posted image

The tunnel actually go back down underneath a taxiway, then it goes up to the satelite terminal.

user posted image

Very similar to my departure on Varig on 14dec05 wink.gif

I do believe, though, that when it was built, it was very modern/futuristic ohmy.gif wink.gif

For the amount of traffic, it is indeed quite small/cramped...

Any aircraft shots, TK ???

Busy scene in the cockpit.

We had a slot time for take off...

Flight has to be delayed by 1 hour 15 minutes.

ETD or i would say push back time was 12:00 but then with slot time, 13:15.

worst of all....deicing required with low temperature and light snow showers. mad.gif

user posted image

On the way to the airport, it snowed...light one. Then as we arrive before i do my walk around...i got to check my wing if de-icing required... ohmy.gif

user posted image

snow, fine white ice crystals...beautiful but deadly on a wing!!

Nice wing- and cockpit-shots, TK: is that a 767-400 of CO just taking-off ???

Pieter,

Nope...CO 777.

Norman...not Vincent Segar, its FO A J Hunt. Good buddy.

I was the Team B, so i do the walk around in the cold minus 2 degree while they up there in the warm cockpit review the flight plan, weather forecast and NOTAMs.

More to come, de-icing pictures....winter is almost a must, and all these european airport has an organise facility for de-icing procedures.

Delay may happen, but safety is the concern.

CDG airport had an interesting idea - if you build a donut shaped building, then the furthest part of the terminal is actually only "half" the distance compared to a terminal airport which is square. So if you are looking for a bank to get some foreign currency for example, you wouldn't be faced with a situation where you have to walk from one end of the airport to the other end. Instead, you could just take one of the walkalator tubes to get across to the other end of the donut.

Nice idea... but didn't work because most travellers would just start walking in one direction until they come back full circle (especially when the bank was just behind them when they started!). tongue.gif

Of course, now it is also old and grubby.... and the new part (terminal 2) is already falling apart sad.gif

On our way to de-icing bay....

Not icing for making cakes OK... smile.gif

user posted image

This guy didn't do any de-ice...maybe his airport is worst...

As for the Tahiti Nui...far from home, after de-ice..she is ready to go..

user posted image

Used De-icing liquid...40% chemical (deicing agent) 60% water.

Hold over time..45 minutes.

user posted image

Anywhere out of europe...when MH push back...SQ is not far behind..sometimes ahead. Also taxing for de-ice.

user posted image

As we reached our de-icing bay..this truck is ready to "dirty" my wing!! mad.gif

user posted image

I See New THing Today.. The elephant truck laugh.gif Thank TK.

Love the Air Tahiti.. realy Amazing Livery.. wub.gif

Yup... we learned a lot in MW...

Always thought that de-icing is done via shower curtain

like the old carwash in Esso stations.. tongue.gif

Thanks for the "in-sight" TK... wink.gif

The de-icing business....

Maybe we can come up with the 8 ringgit car wash...or 8000 ringgit plane wash..

We need a spot.. tongue.gif

user posted image

So they bantai spraying my wing with the de-icing liquid.

40% de-ice chemical and 60% water. Hold over time 45 Mins.

Meaning to say..the de-icing fluid will be on the wing for 45 mins before its gone.

So if snow comes down on the wing, it WON'T stick to the wing.

As the plane gain speed on take off and climb...then the fluid will be blown off.

Its there to avoid icing/snow/ice stick to the wing during critical phase of lift required which is TAKE OFF!!!!! Remember, the wing makes an aircraft fly.

So they sprayed all over the wing, elevator and vertical stabilizer.

user posted image

end results....sticky liquid on my 777... mad.gif

user posted image

We put Rain-X on our car windshield....in winter, an aeroplane put Snow-X..he he he he.. wink.gif

Wah...the machine is actually called the ELEPHANT! laugh.gif

Great shot...wanna do de-icing business ah... rolleyes.gif

All airport i see...same truck...

By the way...the guy on the elephant...no driver in the truck seat.

He can drive from up there...!!!!!

(Please view Page 16 for de-icing progress)

Great shots, TK, really good business for CDG wink.gif

MH017 9M-MPM left about 45mins late today for the same reason: it took KLM 20 mins to de-ice the "Melaka"...

I find that de-icing procedure is time consuming. But for safety reason...its worthwhile.

I had de-icing in AMS long time ago...after de-ice...we got only 10 mins left for the de-ice liquid on the wing due to the long queue for take off.

As for CDG, de-icing bay is close to the runway. so all airplane will take more time queing up for de-ice then for take off...!!! wink.gif

same here now, TK, de-icing is right next to threshold 36L wink.gif