MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

MAS B772 9M-MRD (Ex Heliconia) Flight MH17 AMS-KUL Shot Down by Russian Missile in Ukraine All 298 POB Killed

Respect to the Dutch... Really good job

Agreed

Logistics could not have been easy - for a start, how to gather together forty hearses in one go ?

I heard from the BBC Broadcast that they are doing it for every body that comes into the airport.

Yes. They will do the same thing today and tomorrow.

Lookng at this photo online, are those shrapnel damages or are they common in aircrashes?

http://rt.com/news/175136-kiev-sabotaging-investigation-plane/

That looks like the cockpit windows of the port side. The captain must have died a horrible death!?

Perhaps MH should have followed the FAA advisory!

I really wonder how were the pilots as the plane got hit. According to the rebels they did come across the pilot still fully clothed and strapped to his seat.

Was the advisory before or after mh17?wondering why syria is not considered risky

Avoiding those prohibited and restricted areas, how do we fly from South-east Asia to Europe?

ame="S V Choong" post="347058" timestamp="1406269595"]

I really wonder how were the pilots as the plane got hit. According to the rebels they did come across the pilot still fully clothed and strapped to his seat.

Was the advisory before or after mh17?wondering why syria is not considered risky

I would like to believe that they and the passengers and crew were knocked unconcious immediately after the blast and died due to low oxygen level, coupled with a sudden drop of temperature. This way, they would not need to suffer the agony of falling.

The pilot/s were still fully clothed perhaps due to the safety belt harness or because the cockpit was locked and hence soften the explosion effect.

We would know for sure once the forensic teams have conducted the post-mortem on the bodies.

Not sure whether the news was posted before, the investigators discover newer piece of the plane wreckage in the woods about a mile away from the main crash site. The team describes the chunk as more resemble of an airplane fuselage, with rows of windows and seats and they also discover more body parts.

I would like to believe that they and the passengers and crew were knocked unconcious immediately after the blast and died due to low oxygen level, coupled with a sudden drop of temperature. This way, they would not need to suffer the agony of falling.

The pilot/s were still fully clothed perhaps due to the safety belt harness or because the cockpit was locked and hence soften the explosion effect.

We would know for sure once the forensic teams have conducted the post-mortem on the bodies.

I do hope so.Was watching al-jazeera and it really moved me thinking how those passengers were flung out of a flying plane. I mean they might never have known what hit them. The plane must be cruising at that point of time, and everyone must be relaxed and probably sleeping.

Was moved closer to tears watching the colors of MAS all twisted on the ground. It makes me really really wish more that those responsible pay for what they have done. Feel so tiny considering how little we can do against those superpowers should they be caught responsible.

have you all seen the MAS uniform at the crash site? It's on Beria harian front page I think. So sad :( - I wonder how the uniform can be intact after that crash?

have you all seen the MAS uniform at the crash site? It's on Beria harian front page I think. So sad :( - I wonder how the uniform can be intact after that

crash?

It's a norm for long haul cabin crew or any cabin crew night stopping somewhere to bring spare uniform inside their garment bag. Hence the uniform remain intact. Edited by Yang Zulhilmi

That picture of the cockpit window is definitive evidence that a missile (from whatever origins) was used to down MH17 - Note that the shrapnel appears to have pierced from the outside..

Additionally, have recently learned that the SA-11 would have taken approx 10 seconds to reach a target at 33,000 ft and would typically explode ahead of the target.

have you all seen the MAS uniform at the crash site? It's on Beria harian front page I think. So sad :( - I wonder how the uniform can be intact after that crash?

If you have seen the uncensored pictures of the crash site, some bodies were still intact, some charred and some were in pieces. It was really unsettling to imagine the victims' last moment.

Edited by Johan Z

10393973_750628068331416_25810476919349110458223_750628101664746_73643333999879510580004_750628098331413_47181802164992410568885_750628094998080_24577669643906110488139_750628088331414_9554192516143131780900_750628071664749_456871566206252610561566_750628091664747_898379743237444

I was flying on MH last night on an extra flight to KCH. After landed, I noticed the news of Multi Faith Prayer for MH 17. It was really emotional while watching these pictures and reading the news. Back in the flight, the crews continued to show their passion and smile while serving the passengers on board, but behind the curtain, they were totally heart broken and one big family grieving together.

I told one of the stewardesses to stay strong before disembarking the plane. She was delighted.

I have been monitoring flightradar24 for several days now just to be sure on the routing that all Europe bound MH flights have been taking.

The result is consistent.

For all flights from KUL:

Bay of Benggal - India - Southern Pakistan - Iran - Turkey - Southwest part of Black Sea - Romania - Hungary

For all flights from:

LHR: Belgium - Germany - Czech Republic - Slovakia - Hungary -

CDG: Germany - Austria - Hungary - Romania - Southwest part of Black Sea - Turkey

FRA: Czech Republic - Slovakia - Hungary - Romania - Southwest part of Black Sea - Turkey

AMS: Germany - Czech Republic - Slovakia - Hungary - Romania - Southwest part of Black Sea - Turkey

I think this is the best routing. Iran is the least risky among the bunch and that the reason it is on FAA danger list is because of its nuclear war with the US.

Australia SAS Forces On Standby For Trip To Ukraine
By Alistair Bunkall | 25 July 2014 Friday | 12:37pm UK

If authorised to go, Australian, British and Dutch teams will help secure the crash site of MH17 in eastern Ukraine.

A detachment of Australian SAS has arrived in the UK within the past 24 hours, Sky News has learned.

If authorised, they will help secure the crash site of MH17 in eastern Ukraine along with international partners.

They are currently working with British and Dutch special forces - all three nations lost citizens in the disaster.

However, the Ministry of Defence has not confirmed whether British soldiers will be part of the deployment.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said on Thursday he would send around 50 federal police officers to help form an unarmed multi-national protection force with the aim of providing safe passage to the scene for independent investigators.

In the background, the special forces soldiers would provide armed protection but only if needed.

The area, under the control of various pro-Russian separatist groups, remains highly volatile.

The soldiers will only be authorised to fire their weapons if shot at first.

A separate detachment of Special Forces troops will remain in Eindhoven, on an hour's notice to deploy in the event of a major incident.

http://news.sky.com/story/1307384/sas-forces-on-standby-for-trip-to-ukraine

I think FAA releases the warning and prohibited areas by US carries but ofcourse they all also awarn to anyother countries who has got any conflict with one of them theese countries.

Iran can be a threat for US planes but not for other countries...unless if someones attempt to pissed off "peace situation"! Syria and Iraq, especially Syria is really dangerous nowadays and interesting point, Syrian airspace is not blocked yet by Eurocontrol! ( at least I read that on newspaper in last week )

Jordanian and next Saudia airspace seems like safe but before them, Israel airpace is not calm!!! Hamas in one side and Israel in otherside.