MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
J. Suri

MAS Nasi Lemak Telanjang Criticized by Chef Wan & Chef Zam

Actually the AK nasi lemak is still not lengkap (complete) - no cucumber...

Cucumber have high tendency to turn sour. hence is omitted.

But airlines still serve cucumber for the salad

Salad and nasi lemak is prepared in cold kitchen and hot kitchen respectively, and they don't reheat salad.

I travelled today in the morning and I opt for nasi lemak instead of chicken noodles. The dish is still the same as being reported by Chef Wan. No action taken as for now. I wonder when they will take an act. :search:

No action taken as for now. I wonder when they will take an act. :search:

When cabinet make keputusan to either

a. improve (optimism mode switched on)

b. downgrade (can it get worse?)

c. do away with it (if it's so bad, why bother)

Then parliament gets a few readings and debates, with the usual expulsions and application of other disciplinary tools

Then senate hears about it but heck, it's already rubber stamped beforehand anyway

Then home minister applies her/his own nasi lemak recipe

Then said chef will be invited to sample and opinion sought ....... :)

Edited by BC Tam

The nasi lemak on board MH actually doesn't taste that bad. What is lacking is the condiments (peanuts, anchovies) and the presentation (look at Air Asia's).

I really hope MH is taking this lesson seriously to improve the quality of catering.

The nasi lemak on board MH actually doesn't taste that bad. What is lacking is the condiments (peanuts, anchovies) and the presentation (look at Air Asia's).

I really hope MH is taking this lesson seriously to improve the quality of catering.

maybe after 2028

Salad and nasi lemak is prepared in cold kitchen and hot kitchen respectively, and they don't reheat salad.

For the nasi lemak served in premium cabin, cucumber is served - so does that means the food (ie those needing heating, and not) is prepared seperately?

They still able to serve the cucumber together with the satays in the business/first class, so no excuse!

For the nasi lemak served in premium cabin, cucumber is served - so does that means the food (ie those needing heating, and not) is prepared seperately?

They are plated in the galley...so only bits that require re-heating will be re-heated, and those that aren't will go on the plate.

Y meals are already assembled on the ground ready to be heated and served as is.

Try 18 February.

...ok so it'll be 18Feb 2028.

But seriously, why does it take somebody well-known flying in Y to complain before MH's management open their eyes? Were they just blind and ignorant?

Just compare the quality and quanity of meals TG offers Y pax on the BKK-KULvv runs versus the stuff that MH dishes out to Y pax on the same route? There is just ZERO pride in the product....similar reason to Jeremy Clarkson smashing a brand new Perodua right after driving it out of the showroom.

Nobody is asking for sambal udang galah to go with the nasi lemak, but there is just no effort going into quality, presentation into MH's Y meals today.

Nobody is asking for sambal udang galah to go with the nasi lemak, .....

Certainly no loss in trying, though I have my reservation if lobster pairs well with sambal (which variety though?) :D

Come, let tai-chi the blame to suppliers.....in today's paper.

vzau.jpg

Well, the anchovies and peanuts must have been stale on a lot of days. Since Jan 1st, I haven't been served any with the nasi lemak on any regional MH flights!

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/azrimatyacob/media/IMG_7563_zps4fd71b9a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/azrimatyacob/media/IMG_7564_zpsbf5a80a3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

This is my meal on TG just now. Economy class, one hour flight VTE/BKK. Talking about being proud of your dish!

I am very happy to see smoked salmon on economy class! They have even banish them in their lounge in KUL long time ago.

I gave up on MH.

Edited by Azri

Nasi Lemak on 2011 domestic flight back then the disgusting meal box had kit kat fruit/cake and juice now its a different thing

183303_1743969532869_402299_n.jpg

Noodle with cadbury chocolates and fruit cake

184241_1744082255687_2881933_n.jpg

And.. 2 weeks ago! Basically the box can only only hold a small water bottle now. So terlanjang.

1544282_10202677093642316_873179324_n.jp

Edited by jahur

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/azrimatyacob/media/IMG_7563_zps4fd71b9a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/azrimatyacob/media/IMG_7564_zpsbf5a80a3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

This is my meal on TG just now. Economy class, one hour flight VTE/BKK. Talking about being proud of your dish!

I am very happy to see smoked salmon on economy class! They have even banish them in their lounge in KUL long time ago.

I gave up on MH.

TG ECYL meal always mesmerize me. Experienced BKK CNX few years back the food presentation n quality still same as show in this photos...

Sign in to follow this