MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
J. Suri

MAS Nasi Lemak Telanjang Criticized by Chef Wan & Chef Zam

On the other hand , i did experience the bad side of AK catering before. First encounter, when the pizza is available on online booking, i was served expeired pizza before, 2nd experience the roasted chicken, was served with burnt vage, potatoes and chicken. Asked for a changed but the stewardess said, sorry cannot change because u opened it already, but i said, "if i dont open how do i know its burnt like hell?" She replied, "sorry sir, opened already kenot change." Wtf...i m avoid ak hard since then.

Edited by Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

On the other hand , i did experience the bad side of AK catering before. First encounter, when the pizza is available on online booking, i was served expeired pizza before, 2nd experience the roasted chicken, was served with burnt vage, potatoes and chicken. Asked for a changed but the stewardess said, sorry cannot change because u opened it already, but i said, "if i dont open how do i know its burnt like hell?" She replied, "sorry sir, opened already kenot change." Wtf...i m avoid ak hard since then.

Take pictures and throw it on their FB. I bet the crew didn't report this incident to the company, and no improvement after that. Remember, on AK you SPECIFICALLY purchase that.

I have friends posted 2 webpages on food served by airlines on FB. Although I think some of them may not be an apple to apple comparison, nonetheless it makes good read about food served on other airlines.

http://cforum.cari.com.my/portal.php?mod=view&aid=47137

http://vdoobv.com/cat8/%EF%BC%92%EF%BC%90%E5%AE%B6%E8%88%AA%E7%A9%BA%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8%E3%80%8C%E9%A3%9B%E6%A9%9F%E9%A4%90%E9%BB%9E%E3%80%8D%E5%A4%A7pk%EF%BC%81%E5%88%B0%E5%BA%95%E5%93%AA%E5%AE%B6%E7%9A%84%E9%A4%90%E9%BB%9E/

i don't know what say by the others.

IMHO these website just to cause others make more noise, especially those know nothing but comment much.

especially the second link, why they can compare the self-paid meal with a full service airline meal? and regional flight vs long haul flights? business/first class vs economy class?

MH 717 to CGK today - nasi lemak no more telanjang. Sambal sotong, Ikan bilis, kacang and egg. Overheard passengers beside me joking about the telanjang story. Chef Wan's comments did have impact on both MH and passengers. Will see how long it remained dressed.

MH 717 to CGK today - nasi lemak no more telanjang. Sambal sotong, Ikan bilis, kacang and egg. Overheard passengers beside me joking about the telanjang story. Chef Wan's comments did have impact on both MH and passengers. Will see how long it remained dressed.

kacang and ikan bilis were packed together in different packaging than those nasi lemak right??

I assume you fly on J class?

whY class. Kacang and Ikan bilis packed in a small plastic bag, unlike previous small container. Suspect it was a rushed job to assemble it for damage control after the bad publicity. The sotong portion was also very generous :-)

Edited by V Wong

whY class. Kacang and Ikan bilis packed in a small plastic bag, unlike previous small container. Suspect it was a rushed job to assemble it for damage control after the bad publicity. The sotong portion was also very generous :-)

any pix to show....

Flew on KUL/KCH/KUL last weekend. Kek lapis Sarawak served by MASAwana catering only flight from KCH but for flight from KUL there's no any cakes nowadays. Same goes for chocs & fruits no anymore.

Tada!

10151949_10152881605936091_8202660223610

Served on D7 543 yesterday 21/4/2014. :finger:

No the picture doesn't do justice to the nasi lemak. The top portion of the rice was slightly burnt, giving you that sticky crunchy sensation. The leaf supposedly for deco purpose was starting to change color to yellow. The egg white also show tiny cracks due to continuous reheating. Didn't take the sambal and the anchovies. I paid RM18 for it without anything else. The crew was kind enough to give each customer who didn't buy any drinks a small cup of Coke.

I believe the nasi lemak was brought on a 6hrs 30min to NGO, and then served 2 hours into the return leg. And to think that this was actually served to visitors to Malaysia...

Edited by Waiping

D7 food is not as good as AK. Maybe due to the long distances.

Sometimes the rice is dry and hard, sometimes it is soggy, sometimes it is just nice....

I think on the return to Malaysia should just pack food rather than relying on D7 catering.

No hard and fast rules - my last trip, ex KUL food was lousy but the return trip nasi lemak was nice.

D7 food is not as good as AK. Maybe due to the long distances.

Sometimes the rice is dry and hard, sometimes it is soggy, sometimes it is just nice....

If i'm not wrong, D7 is catered by Brahim Skychefs, AK is catered from its own selected vendors from town, then all put together in their catering warehouse before being sent to the planes.

Edited by Walter Sim

Like what Flee had mentioned, seems like it's a 50/50 stuff. If you get a good serving say KUL - NGO, then the return must be bad. In fact the Roast Chicken was great on the first sector.

10152665_10152881606096091_5102224392789

Roast Chicken with stuffing. I am not sure if I'd paid RM18 for this because this included the chocolate and the salad. Did the crew made a mistake cause I didn't pre-book my meal.

On a recent MH flight, peanuts and anchovies are missing.

They probably go green and recycle, including excuses - another stale batch of peanuts & ikan bilis detected and embargoed

Now, shouldn't you be grateful you were spared that ? It was for your own safety after all :D

2014620110214%255B1%255D.jpg

On a recent MH flight, peanuts and anchovies are missing.

If peanuts and ikan bilis were missing that hardly counts as Nasi Lemak, IMO :p Edited by Chris Tan

Sign in to follow this