MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Some maybe worthless I got from my visit last night :

1) parking is the same price as KLIA - rm 4 an hour up to rm 46 a day

2) the valet parking out the front of departures is On weekends RM15 for the 1st hour, 5 every subsequent hour up to max rm 100 a day. On weekdays it's RM15 for the first 2 hours, 5 per subsequent hour, max 100 per day

3) entry to the parking is at level CP7. Level CP4 is the only one with direct access to the terminal. Auto pay only on level CP1/4/7. Highest is level CP8 which I think is rooftop open air.

4) AK group seems to be using the left hand side bank of check in counters STUV. OD / 5J and others the right hand bank WXYZ.

5) cheapest place I found to buy drinks and snacks is the pharmacy far right. The others like WH Smith seem to sell them at inflated prices. The pharmacy has more "regular" pricing.

6) on arrival - both Maxis and Celcom operate right outside the arrivals area. Digi and U mobiles shops are further away to the left after passing Jaya grocer.

7) I have both digi And maxis lines - decent LTE most areas of the terminal with maxis. Digi a bit disappointing - only 3G and poor data speeds wherever I tried.

for Number 4, at Open day i did saw row Y showing the logo for AirAsia X. so perhaps the a320 fleet is on the left?

for Number 4, at Open day i did saw row Y showing the logo for AirAsia X. so perhaps the a320 fleet is on the left?

I saw D7 looking like they are prepping to be in row S last night. Maybe they change them around all the time ?

May be some entrepreneur can introduce buggy shutter or porter service between curbside and arrival/departure hall.

Meanwhile it was total chaos at LCCT this evening...due to shortage of staff. A lot of passengers seems to be at lost where they should go for their flight.

Meanwhile it was total chaos at LCCT this evening...due to shortage of staff. A lot of passengers seems to be at lost where they should go for their flight.

I guess TF must be referring to the above mess.

IMG_20140505_125907.jpg

Totally wrong figure. Was it RM 200 million, or 400 million?

Anyway yesterday the 1st of May the whole approach and departure was totally changed. The new approach procedure are quite messy actually, and track shortenings has caught many airplanes high on the profile.

Sorry. Didnt get the real amount. Was confused between RM1mil or RM100mil.

I guess TF must be referring to the above mess.

IMG_20140505_125907.jpg

I'm guessing he was dissing the immigration dept for the reported long queues and passengers fainting episode in LCCT. Last night, I was caught in the longest queue ever in KLIA (arrival 2230h) at the immigration counter. My first thought was ... same number (or even less due to long holidays) of immigration officers divided between KLIA, LCCT and KLIA2, resulting in long queues in KLIA. Didn't know then that LCCT was in a far worse situation. This morning heard over radio news about LCCT and totally ashamed of the immigration dept who had the temerity to defend its action. For goodness sake, wake up!

Edited by V Wong

Read about it here : http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/05/04/LCCT-pandemonium-long-queues/ and here http://www.nst.com.my/top-news/flying-into-a-nightmare-at-lcct-1.587442

My mistake, apparently immigration dept not contactable for comments. When the going gets tough, just hide. What was I thinking of, an excuse for the fracas?

Edited by V Wong

Immigration: LCCT clog AirAsia's fault

The bad congestion at the immigration gates involving about 1,000 passengers at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) in Sepang yesterday was airline AirAsia's fault, the Immigration Department said.

Its director-general Aloyah Mamat said this occurred because AirAsia refused to move to the new terminal, the KLIA2, on May 2, like the other airlines, and intends to stay at LCCT until May 9.

As such, Aloyah said, AirAsia passengers still travelling through the LCCT have to contend with fewer immigration counters because of staff shortage.

Full story: http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/261830

Edited by Waiping

The bad congestion at the immigration gates involving about 1,000 passengers at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) in Sepang yesterday was airline AirAsia's fault, the Immigration Department said.

Its director-general Aloyah Mamat said this occurred because AirAsia refused to move to the new terminal, the KLIA2, on May 2, like the other airlines, and intends to stay at LCCT until May 9.

As such, Aloyah said, AirAsia passengers still travelling through the LCCT have to contend with fewer immigration counters because of staff shortage.

Well that's a tried-and-tested SOP for these folks, isn't it? If one could summarise it into a checklist it probably would look like this,

1. Trouble?

2. Deny, downplay the issue.

3. Assume defensive, can't-be-faulted stand

4. Blame others on poor grounds and reasoning

5. Give the problem time to resolve itself (rather, let the issue fall into oblivion over time)

6. Chant 'Endless Possibilities'.

Easy checklist to follow there.

Arrived at HKG sometime last month at around 5.30 am and was greeted by a snaking queue for immigration. Stuck there for more than an hour with only three counters handling the multiple widebodies landing that morning. So this is not unique to our airports. The only difference was that I queued in a relatively more comfortable setting of the HKIA terminal as opposed to the warehouse LCCT.

I was in LCCT yesterday morning for a D7 flight.

The lines at the immigration counters seem ok. One thing I would like to comment is D7 check in counter.

The check in process was slow. The agents have to enter passport details into the system manually even though the pax have already done online check in. There were no separate lines for online check in as well.

I also noticed the agents have their ***ss sticked on the chairs all the time. They even asked the pax to position the luggage handle facing to them so that they can put on the destination tagswhile sitting on the chairs, without having their **ss leaving the chairs

That's what you would usually expect in a foreign country, where resident passport holders don't have to queue for long. However, I lost the home ground advantage last night. Long queues at autogates and counters (only 2 manned counters) for Malaysian passport holders too. Cold comfort - luggage already waiting at carousel when arrived at belt.

Edited by V Wong

Instead of apologising, they went on blaming the others. Way to go, you bunch of losers. The excuse given didnt make sense at all. Blame AirAsia for refusing to move out on May 2nd? Stretched manpower because of divided resources between three terminals?

Cocky attitude for this coffee break kaki. Sudahlah parking pun free, leaving other airport workers who aint from gov departments to cross subsidise these bunch of excuse finder.

To blame the whole department might be unfair, but i wonder how their promotion works. Looks like only idiots make it to the top and came out with useless excuse like this.

This woman should have resigned with the MH370 case.

To blame the whole department might be unfair, but i wonder how their promotion works. Looks like only idiots make it to the top and came out with useless excuse like this.

The Peter Principle at work - people will tend to be promoted until they reach their "position of incompetence".

Instead of apologising, they went on blaming the others. Way to go, you bunch of losers. The excuse given didnt make sense at all. Blame AirAsia for refusing to move out on May 2nd? Stretched manpower because of divided resources between three terminals?

Cocky attitude for this coffee break kaki. Sudahlah parking pun free, leaving other airport workers who aint from gov departments to cross subsidise these bunch of excuse finder.

Welcome to Malaysia ....

When in doubt, raise your voice, blame this blame that, if you can blame the conjunction of venus, mars and Jupiter, even better. Just as long as you blame everyone except yourself. Hopefully you'll intimidate enough people not to ask further questions. Modus Operandi Malaysia Gamen V1.0

Why is everyone is jumping their gun at Aloyah? She was only explaining the reason behind the long queue (which is a valid reason). AK refuse to move and Immigration has to stretch their officers between the 3 terminals. Very simple. People want the reason, she gave the reason.

You don't hire part time Immigration officers because someone refuse to move like the rest.

Government is ALWAYS wrong and they cannot blame anyone but yet I can blame whomever I like.

Perhaps its time for us not to have that double standard mentality.

It's clearly not their fault. It's not like they anticipated the two terminals operating concurrently! You travellers are awfully ungrateful. It's your fault for wanting to travel in the first place.

Edited by Chris Tan