MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

As usual expect some "teething problems" with any new openings, so if time is critical I will not be using the new terminals for the 1st few days at least.

I still remember coming in to KLIA on the second day of operations. My LH flight landed and we waited for some time for the follow me car to come around to show us to the terminal!

I think the LCC carrier pilots should be quite familiar with the Runways by now but don't discount hiccups for those using Runway 15/33....

I still remember coming in to KLIA on the second day of operations. My LH flight landed and we waited for some time for the follow me car to come around to show us to the terminal!

I think the LCC carrier pilots should be quite familiar with the Runways by now but don't discount hiccups for those using Runway 15/33....

i flew SIN-KUL on the 2nd day also at KLIA. Flight time = 40 minutes. Waiting for the jetbridge to attach properly = 60 minutes.

Has the 15/33 runway been completed and is operational?

Initially, runway 15/33 was only supposed to be completed about 6 months after the opening of klia2. However, with the one year delay in opening, the runway is now ready - Malindo B739 did a test landing on it some time ago.

Heard from national TV there will be KLIA2 open day next Saturday from 9 to 2 pm.One of the program highlight is, visitor will have chance to visit runway 3.

i flew SIN-KUL on the 2nd day also at KLIA. Flight time = 40 minutes. Waiting for the jetbridge to attach properly = 60 minutes.

The last hurdle to cross the finishing line will always be the one with the longest wait - for real or virtual

(much like waiting (praying/hoping) for Liverpool to wrap up the season) :D

I am planning to be there.

Plz PM me with your phone number to be included in MWings WhatsApp group. :)

That's MAHB for you. No wonder the likes of TF keeps tearing their hair out because they have to deal with these very smart people.

Malindo, ERL, its not new airport. Just a new terminal. Get the terms right.

New terminal, new control tower, new runway. Practically a new airport, but still, it is an extension of KLIA.

Made a site visit yesterday. Terminal is huge and there are still work being done and yet to be completed. Just a point to all of you to be early irregardless of whether you're travelling on the 2nd or 9th. There's quite a lot of walking to do, with very little walkalators and even if installed, they are only about 50-100metres in length.

2qjdk42.jpg

A simple panorama taken atop the skybridge.

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

Made a site visit yesterday. Terminal is huge and there are still work being done and yet to be completed. Just a point to all of you to be early irregardless of whether you're travelling on the 2nd or 9th. There's quite a lot of walking to do, with very little walkalators and even if installed, they are only about 50-100metres in length.

Ouchhh! Calf muscles hypertrophy again?

Good la. Malaysian kan the fattest in ASEAN.

Malaysians are the fattest in South East Asia. Vietnamese are the thinnest.

66770_10151547436119218_1090173880_n.jpg

Plus, the longer walk would solidifies KLIA's position as the airport which requires passengers to walk the furthest in the world.

KLIA is among the airports which requires pax to walk the furthest to get to the gate.

542759_10151498886276350_1027026159_n.jp

Don't mind the long walkway in HKG and ICN as there are automated people mover. The real crunch will come in KLIA2 in a few years time, when the air-con is not functioning well/turned down to save cost/overcrowded. Then the work out will be sweaty and healthy too. However, not good news for people with restricted mobility, the aged and infirmed who would be better served in KLIA.

Edited by V Wong

My brother's company is in charge of the PA/ sound system, working day and night now. From his info, KLIA2 is far from ready. Operation wise maybe, but most of the shops and facilities aren't at all. Good luck man!

A bit OT. Since on average we are quite "plump", but also not that tall. :D

10155031_811046822258600_147500392867932

Don't really mind the long walk if the place is interesting enough.

So the race to built the tallest, largest, widest, longest goes on....Congrats Malaysia!! Lets hope we won't be outshined soon.

Edited by JuliusWong