MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Auww, shucks! Sorry O/T. :D

article-0-11AA3F21000005DC-685_964x674.j

:good: :good: :good:

Klia2 Handles 20,500 Passengers Since Opening On May 2
KUALA LUMPUR, May 5 (Bernama) -- The klia2 has handled 20,500 passengers since its opening on May 2.
Malindo Airways, Lion Air, Tiger Airways International and Cebu Pacific Airways continued to run smoothly on the third day of operations at Malaysia's new budget terminal, said Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) in a statement.
"From 12.01am on May 4 until 12.01am today, a total of 52 flights movement and 7,300 passengers were recorded for both international and domestic, arrivals and departures.
"There were 32 total flights from Malindo Airways, six from Lion Air, 10 from Tiger Airways and four from Cebu Pacific Airways," it added.
MAHB said the public transportation systems at the transportation hub including taxi, bus and Express Rail Link (ERL) have also seen an increase in usage by the public with a total of 541 taxi trips and 263 bus passengers.
"The ERL services has also seen an increase in traffic as public become more familiar with the services," it said.
AirAsia, AirAsia X, Indonesia AirAsia, Thai AirAsia and AirAsia Zest will start operating at klia2 beginning May 9 when all their flights will arrive and depart from klia2.
Edited by flee

More details on distribution of manpower from The Star..

60% remained at LCCT.

Only foreign counters were reduced from 22 to 11.

In retrospect, 11 counters are not enough but then again, you can say anything in retrospect and sound wiser.

In retrospect, Air Asia would probably do better just to move to KLIA2 on 2 May.

PETALING JAYA: The Immigration Department has issued a statement regarding Sunday's incident where passengers faced delays at the immigration gates at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) in Sepang due to a lack of manned counters, which all airlines were informed of and knew about.

"The Government had directed operations at KLIA2 to start on May 2 and for LCCT to cease operations. However, AirAsia announced that they would only move on May 9," its director-general Datuk Aloyah Mamat said in a statement.

She added that the Immigration Department, together with other agencies, had discussions with airline companies, warning of possible congestion over the transition period.

"The congestion was expected if the officers from government agencies had to man two airports (LCCT and KLIA2) simultaneously. AirAsia had acknowledged this," she said.

Aloyah said that as KLIA2 opened on May 2, some immigration officers stationed at the LCCT, as well as equipment, had been transferred there.

"Before KLIA2 opened, there were four counters and three autogates for designated Malaysians, and 22 counters for foreign visitors," she said.

Aloyah also informed that the number of counters for Malaysians were not reduced, with only those for foreign visitors affected from 22 counters to 11.

"Overall, 60% of immigration officers remained at LCCT to manage the passengers from AirAsia flights, and only 40% were transferred to KLIA2.

Plus, the longer walk would solidifies KLIA's position as the airport which requires passengers to walk the furthest in the world.

actually if you read carefully, the WSJ report is about the distance including bus, train, other transport, and not about walking distance only. That's why you see Zurich high on the list (because there is a train between check in and the gate) even though the walking distance is much shorter compared to changi ( no train).

No airside access at all. ERL transfer cost is RM 2.

Some people will bitch and say that both SIN airside and landside transfers are free. But their airport charges are also much higher. So, you have paid for it whether you use it or not.

As a foreigner transiting through, I would hate having to change money only to get RM2. Hope they can simply swipe their credit card. Otherwise, the process of selling the ticket (producing the paper, having extra machines, maintaining the machines) is more expensive than RM2 per passenger.

Just took a drive out there after dinner.... obviously couldn't go inside - but my first observations.. it looks pretty good (when empty) :)

Also - you heard it here first: The drop off and pick up areas for passenger using private cars are undersized. Doesn't look like it's either long or wide enough.... :p

They should provide specific space along the highway to KLIA1 & 2 for "SMS waiting area". Certainly plenty of space for that as you curve around the car parks before the KLIA1 arrival area for cars to park and wait for the text message from arrival passengers saying they are ready to be picked up. Knowing Malaysia, it is also the perfect opportunity to open a teh tarik stall. I notice that almost all US airport I fly though these days have these specific SMS waiting zones.

Back to topic, I'll be using he new KLIA2 terminal on he 22nd, rushing from work, what are the delays like right now?

You will be delayed by:-

1. shops @gateway.

2. security checks, they are still familiarising with xray machines.

3. inability to find way to your respective gate

You will be delayed by:-

1. shops @gateway.

2. security checks, they are still familiarising with xray machines.

3. inability to find way to your respective gate

Shops delay in this case ok. Quite pleasant with a good selection and city prices - that i can live with. Also, there's space to maneuver around.

What i CANNOT tahan is the new DPS airport. They've rerouted the arrivals to now pass duty free, duty free and more duty free - in the past, it was just the departures that forced you to go past the duty free shops.

Best of all on my latest turn two days ago - there's now a chocolate duty free shop blocking the entire passage corridor in between the gates.

and for a grand finale... they raised the airport passenger service fee to 200,000 rp. Really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Shops delay in this case ok. Quite pleasant with a good selection and city prices - that i can live with. Also, there's space to maneuver around.

What i CANNOT tahan is the new DPS airport. They've rerouted the arrivals to now pass duty free, duty free and more duty free - in the past, it was just the departures that forced you to go past the duty free shops.

Best of all on my latest turn two days ago - there's now a chocolate duty free shop blocking the entire passage corridor in between the gates.

and for a grand finale... they raised the airport passenger service fee to 200,000 rp. Really left a bad taste in my mouth.

wahlaoooo

already price hike meh?

tried new DPS a few months back, when it was newly opened. so I did not have the experience of passing through dutyfree shops in a huge terminal. I wonder how it looked like...

Talking about immigration queue, nothing can be worse than the one in Saudi.

Waited 3 hours in line, for just 10 person in front of me. And the counter can be closed anytime based on the officer's liking for a break.Then to change the queue line is like a gamble as to when the officer in the line will take his break. It can be your turn next after changing the queue, and suddenly he decides to take a 45 minutes break.

Based on my colleague who frequents there, it is a norm there and the longest he waited was 4 hours.

wahlaoooo

already price hike meh?

tried new DPS a few months back, when it was newly opened. so I did not have the experience of passing through dutyfree shops in a huge terminal. I wonder how it looked like...

Since april fool's day. 200k....

426FAF3E-D518-47E6-911D-5811C84465C6_zps

License for traffic jam right there.....

B6E8B953-78D9-4F36-A65E-565C944E1E71_zps

License for traffic jam right there.....

B6E8B953-78D9-4F36-A65E-565C944E1E71_zps

Is this DPS or KLIA2? I arrived DPS a couple of weeks ago on TG. I didn't recall having to walk past the duty free to the immigration... Nice airport architecturally but they don't seem to know how to run it properly. Lots of staff hanging around but not doing much. I also had to wait almost 2 hours to go through immigration. The queue for taxi was a bit of a mess too...

I am hoping that KLIA2 will be better. :)

Is this DPS or KLIA2? I arrived DPS a couple of weeks ago on TG. I didn't recall having to walk past the duty free to the immigration... Nice airport architecturally but they don't seem to know how to run it properly. Lots of staff hanging around but not doing much. I also had to wait almost 2 hours to go through immigration. The queue for taxi was a bit of a mess too...

I am hoping that KLIA2 will be better. :)

DPS. The duty free on arrival i'm referring to is after baggage collection (maybe it's not duty free per se) but you're forced to go through a shopping arcade before you reach your taxi.

Woah.

This takes the cake on pushing duty free into your face.

DPS has got it down to an art form. Ridiculous. Do they have "most desperate airport" awards? They would win EASILY.

Edited by Suzanne Goh

I think DPS is doing that (duty free shopping) to divert users attention while they (the luggage handler) do their luggage sorting from the plane to luggage conveyors.

MAHB Looks Forward To Receive AirAsia At klia2

KUALA LUMPUR, May 7 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) says it is looking forward to receive AirAsia and its family of airlines in the second phase of migration to klia2.

In a statement today, the airport operator said it is working very closely with AirAsia to assist them in the migration to the new low-cost carrier terminal while several meetings and simulation trials have been held to prepare for the transfer.

"Just as the other airlines have managed to move their operations smoothly from LCCT and KLIA to klia2, it is expected that AirAsia will be able to do the same, notwithstanding its larger operations and fleet," said MAHB.

It added that AirAsia might face hiccups during the migration process but MAHB is fully committed to supporting and assisting in every way possible.

"We have done extensive Operational Readiness and Airport Transfer trials involving all the stakeholders since February 2014, and klia2 is now running well," it said.

klia2 continues to chalk a smooth operation into the sixth day with Malindo Airways, Lion Air, Tiger Airways International and Cebu Pacific Airways, handling a total of 33,000 arriving and departing passengers and close to 300 aircraft movements since its opening on May 2, MAHB added.

for sure tomorrow KLIA2 will see some traffic and flight disruptions when Air Asia moves over and there will be problems with the baggage delivery systems and many passengers will be delayed getting out of the airport and even some flights will be late.

Yes, they will be handling 10X the load that was being handled in the past week.

I wonder how the runways will be allocated from tomorrow onwards, with Airasia now in klia2.

I am guessing that, normally, departures will now use Runway 33 and arrivals will be on 32L.

Runway 33 might also be used for arrivals if there are no departing aircraft using it.

A klia2 fee is to be incorporated into all AirAsia tickets from 00:00:01 on 9 May 2014. The charges is RM 3 per ticket.

A klia2 fee is to be incorporated into all AirAsia tickets from 00:00:01 on 9 May 2014. The charges is RM 3 per ticket.

And the fee corresponds to - aerobridge usage, moving cost recuperation or misc.?

According to the booking engine description, it is for "aerobridge and check-in system fees imposed by airport authorities". In addition, all checked in baggage fees have increased.

Observation Deck a lot better than Anjung Tinjau. :db:

:clapping: Wow, the first pix from the klia2 apron!

But too bad, we only have A320 and B737 aircraft...