MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Why is everyone is jumping their gun at Aloyah? She was only explaining the reason behind the long queue (which is a valid reason). AK refuse to move and Immigration has to stretch their officers between the 3 terminals. Very simple. People want the reason, she gave the reason.

You don't hire part time Immigration officers because someone refuse to move like the rest.

Government is ALWAYS wrong and they cannot blame anyone but yet I can blame whomever I like.

Perhaps its time for us not to have that double standard mentality.

It all goes down to pre-planning! AK did not only tell the world they will be moving to KLIA2 on 9th May. AK released this news on 15 April, and I do not believe the Immigration Dept have not thought that they will be stretching the manpower across three terminals. They could have always temporarily post Immigration officers from other gateways to LCCT/KLIA2 to mitigate such issues.

The point is, from the chaos, the immigration department does not seem to have any foresight in planning for the future, as with few of other agencies and ministries.

And as with the typical, apparently culture of the gov. civil service, we find fault and put the blame on the others first, unless until someone else prove we're wrong, and then continue living in denial. (Remember the guy who blamed Boeing?). :)

Edited by C.Lim

Don't be dumb. The Immigration should not get into the AK vs MAHB spat on when to move etc. Using that as an excuse is just pathetic.

Everybody knows that AK will stay put for a few days after the 2May.

Everybody knows that AK contributes the bulk of pax at the LCCT and later, KLIA 2.

Everybody know that AK made the decision (to stay back) earlier than 2 May.

So why send the majority of immigration staff to the KLIA2 before the airline contributing the lion's share of the pax moves operations to KLIA2?

Where is the common sense?

Why is everyone is jumping their gun at Aloyah? She was only explaining the reason behind the long queue (which is a valid reason). AK refuse to move and Immigration has to stretch their officers between the 3 terminals. Very simple. People want the reason, she gave the reason.

You don't hire part time Immigration officers because someone refuse to move like the rest.

Government is ALWAYS wrong and they cannot blame anyone but yet I can blame whomever I like.

OK lah....

if everyone is jumping their gun at Aloyah...and asking Aloyah to step down, then let them be the KP Imigresen, and feel the heat when every movement is being monitored by the public.

This woman should have resigned with the MH370 case.

Say what ?!! :D

I've noticed that since late Jan the immigration queue for people for people departing from KLIA has got worse. The main issue seems to be that there is roughly half the number of staff available with only one counter open on the 5 or 6 booths instead of 2.

As usual there is a grumpy guy wandering around with his hands in his pockets looking at the queues but doing nothing.

So far the arrivals seems ok when I come though on a Friday evening between 20:00-21:30

Don't be dumb. The Immigration should not get into the AK vs MAHB spat on when to move etc. Using that as an excuse is just pathetic.

Everybody knows that AK will stay put for a few days after the 2May.

Everybody knows that AK contributes the bulk of pax at the LCCT and later, KLIA 2.

Everybody know that AK made the decision (to stay back) earlier than 2 May.

So why send the majority of immigration staff to the KLIA2 before the airline contributing the lion's share of the pax moves operations to KLIA2?

Spot on - the only significant carrier Malindo Air, moved from KLIA MTB. If immigration cannot get sufficient personnel to man the counters at klia2, they should have seconded some from KLIA and a few from LCCT. LCCT should not see a drop in counters open at all...

In many countries, senior staff will help out during peak periods in order to open more counters. I am not sure if some senior Immigration officers were deployed yesterday.

MAHB also chose the wrong date to open klia2. Quite oxymoron to stretch resources during a peak holiday period! A more appropriate day to open klia2 might have been 7 May - midweek, when traffic is slightly lower.

Spot on - the only significant carrier Malindo Air, moved from KLIA MTB. If immigration cannot get sufficient personnel to man the counters at klia2, they should have seconded some from KLIA and a few from LCCT. LCCT should not see a drop in counters open at all...

In many countries, senior staff will help out during peak periods in order to open more counters. I am not sure if some senior Immigration officers were deployed yesterday.

MAHB also chose the wrong date to open klia2. Quite oxymoron to stretch resources during a peak holiday period! A more appropriate day to open klia2 might have been 7 May - midweek, when traffic is slightly lower.

Then again, the minister is not available on the 7th to officiate the new terminal.

In Malaysia, almost everything need to be ceremonised.

:p

Then again, the minister is not available on the 7th to officiate the new terminal.

And they almost always arrive late, if they do arrive at all and did not send out a 'last minute' substitute, throwing your carefully planned schedule of the event into the dustbin. So I now give them the boot for opening ceremonies, no matter how much political mileage they could benefit from the media later. Still in civil service although can't stand a lot of the rubbish here. That's why this incident was triple the 'malufying' factor. Common sense? Did you say common sense?

On further thought, maybe it was a deliberate attempt to 'teach' AirAsia a lesson for being 'not compliant' to move to KLIA2 on 2nd May. Or maybe not, I gave them too much credit?

Edited by V Wong

Now this is what I call washing dirty laundry in public and the public gets more than they deserve.

Welcome to Malaysia, pun intended.

Nothing new. If you're in LCCT on a daily basis, see for yourself the average time a foreigner has to be in queue before it is his/her turn for immigration clearance. They just decided to screw it up big time yesterday by only placing 4-5 staffs to man the foreign passport counters. A very usual situation in many govt departments - JPJ, Immigration, Pos Malaysia. There is always someone "else" to be blamed, anywhere.

Immigration Dept: "Got problem meh?? Got meh?? got meh?? Tutup mata sahaja (close eyes only)......everything will be clear soon!!"

Ah yes, our "show off" culture! :rolleyes:

Remember all those billboards with, "Satu lagi project kerajaan...." written on them? What is so great about government projects that they need to publicise them in this manner? Isn't it their job to do so? Isn't what they were elected to perform for the people? There is no need for this kind of showmanship, especially when they are spending taxpayers' money!

Knowing that resources are finite, they should have started operations for ALL on May 9th instead of allowing AirAsia to come in later.

I think it is more of the management of the finite resources. Did the Immigration Department transfer a max of 20% of its resources from the LCCT to klia2? I bet they transferred a lot more (too excited, staff familiarisation perhaps), hence the was a surplus of officers in klia2 and acute shortage of the same in LCCT.

Immigration: LCCT clog AirAsia's fault

The bad congestion at the immigration gates involving about 1,000 passengers at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) in Sepang yesterday was airline AirAsia's fault, the Immigration Department said.

Its director-general Aloyah Mamat said this occurred because AirAsia refused to move to the new terminal, the KLIA2, on May 2, like the other airlines, and intends to stay at LCCT until May 9.

As such, Aloyah said, AirAsia passengers still travelling through the LCCT have to contend with fewer immigration counters because of staff shortage.

Full story: http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/261830

Sorry to say this but this Aloyah is truly what Mem Aloyah Kueh Lapis that P. Ramlee always make fun of in his movies. Bodoh, bahlol, bebal, baghal, unta and kelabu asap.

What is more bizarre is that why are you defending the clearly at fault Aloyah? Aloyah is representing a government agency who set the rules in the first place which is clearly higher in power rank than AirAsia, which is just a commercial company operating at the LCCT. The government allowed for the 1 week extension which Aloyah is part of, so by logic she should have had her mess sorted for the foreseeable 1 week. Also by logic, if Aloyah wants to blame someone, she should blame Najib for allowing the extension actually. If she did not act by logic, then I don't know what is the base of her action because this is clearly not based on iman and taqwa.

When she blamed AirAsia for not moving on 2 May, didn't it incurred to you that that ultimately indirectly means that she questioned and challenged Najib's decision and judgement for allowing the extension? Shouldn't she be fired and condemned to death for questioning and challenging the decision of the highest supreme?

It is really a simple mathematics.

Before:

2 terminals, say 100,000 daily pax, say 100 immigration officers, split 50-50.

After:

3 terminals, still the same 100,000 daily pax, still the same 100 immigration officers, why don't they split it 50-10-40 (KLIA-klia2-LCCT)?

What is more bizarre is that why are you defending the clearly at fault Aloyah?

It is really a simple mathematics.

Before:

2 terminals, say 100,000 daily pax, say 100 immigration officers, split 50-50.

After:

3 terminals, still the same 100,000 daily pax, still the same 100 immigration officers, why don't they split it 50-10-40 (KLIA-klia2-LCCT)?

Since Malindo Air has moved from MTB, shouldn't some Immigration staff also move from MTB to klia2?

Stupidity and ignorance level: Maximum.

They must be thinking that the public cannot do simple Maths calculation and possess some logic thinking. Hello mak cik, only TR and OD moved to klia2 so far, you should know from years of operation at LCCT how to do staff planning since you well know AK Group is the main user of LCCT.....wait....sorry, I forgotten you don't have logic thinking...

OK lah....

if everyone is jumping their gun at Aloyah...and asking Aloyah to step down, then let them be the KP Imigresen, and feel the heat when every movement is being monitored by the public.

Sorry to say but this is another example of extremely poor judgement. When someone blames you for failing to do your job, you asked them to be yourself instead. Isn't this is just too typical of the Malaysian government? (And wasn't it happened here in the forum a few years ago, big drama with a certain MH head of unit LOL)

Tak suka, keluar dari negara ni.

Tak suka, you je jadi Ketua Pengarah Imigresen.

Apa pulak aku yang jadi Ketua Pengarah Imigresen? Kau la yang tak buat keje betul2.

LOL.

I understand the position of Azri and Affendi for being a gomen servant, but there are times when you should just keep quiet because silence especially in this Aloyah time is golden and that truth does hurt LOL.

Sorry to say but this is another example of extremely poor judgement. When someone blames you for failing to do your job, you asked them to be yourself instead. Isn't this is just too typical of the Malaysian government? (And wasn't it happened here in the forum a few years ago, big drama with a certain MH head of unit LOL)

Tak suka, keluar dari negara ni.

Tak suka, you je jadi Ketua Pengarah Imigresen.

Apa pulak aku yang jadi Ketua Pengarah Imigresen? Kau la yang tak buat keje betul2.

LOL.

I understand the position of Azri and Affendi for being a gomen servant, but there are times when you should just keep quiet because silence especially in this Aloyah time is golden and that truth does hurt LOL.

being a public servant, we try our best to please everyone. but...please bear in mind, we are sandwiched between the stakeholders and rakyat (you...you....you...and youuuuu).

to blame gahmen worker (kalau guna servant, nanti orang ingat orang gaji, treatment dia lain, just like in counters where people tend to raise their voice at a very high pitch) totally is not right. let her do her work, and should you feel unsatisfied with her performance, why don't you write a sincere letter to the prime minister, or maybe in the newspaper, and ask madamme DG to step down because of her inefficiency. If you have ideas to improve the service, gahmen always welcome any suggestions and it can be channelled through many platforms.

Aloyah is not reading this, so she will not know about her performance. Hence, this platform is not right to critisize / evaluate her. And, as a gahmen worker, yes I feel uneasy to read negative comments (some even exaggerating it), as if most of you knows everything about public service. back to point number one, we are sandwiched between the stakeholders and rakyat.

:drinks:

by the way...

to call people with bodoh baghal bebal is not part of our culture.....

Edited by affendi osman

Whether we are a civil servant or a worker in private enterprise, it is only right that we perform to the best of our abilities. When something goes wrong, we must first search ourselves to examine what went wrong and whether we are at fault. If we are, we will have to take responsibility and not pass the buck.

In some societies, e.g. Korean, Japanese, to serve with honour and humility is very important. That is why we see such different handling of the MH370 and the Korean ferry disasters.

I would say that if the Immigration Dept was a little more humble and avoided passing the buck, more respect and less criticism would be directed at them.

Edited by flee

Gomen servant (in this case the immigration officers) who caused thousands of pax queueing for hours until fainted is doing their best to please everyone? This is their best? You may say yes but everyone else... ehem hmm hmm???!!!

To blame the gomen servant/worker is totally not right. Let her do her work.

So gomen servant is never at fault and perfect? You may say yes but everyone else... ehem hmm hmm.

As a Muslim, we should always question ourselves whether our service/job delivery is bound by the teaches of Al Quran and As Sunnah and that have we been Amanah enough when delivering it. Causing such incident (in the case of Aloyah and her Immigration servants) but yet still claiming one's tribe as maksum (perfect) is definitely not in line with the Prophet's Muhammad SAW teaching, because only him who is perfect.

Personally I felt really sad and excruciatingly ashamed that when someone like Aloyah and her immigration officers cause s#1t like this, it negatively impacted the Malay and Muslim in general who dominated the public service.

My comments about Aloyah is specific to this incident and from the aviation point of view which is totally valid in this platform i.e. MalaysianWings, an aviation forum.

Not all government servants/workers know about public service either as overwhelmingly exhibited so it is a mute point of debacle.

The Malaysian government has been devastatingly criticized by the foreign media with regards to its handling of MH370 and the constant comparison with the South Korean government's handling of the Sewol ferry incident where their Prime Minister resigned and I bet all Malaysian have loathed to read about it so I am totally appalled that we (Aloyah, you, you and you) did not learnt anything from it to try to at least to improve our projection in handling a micro crisis like this.

Harsh words being exchanged here, with an ad hominem side dish, interesting :pardon:

Edited by Newitt

Arrived at HKG sometime last month at around 5.30 am and was greeted by a snaking queue for immigration. Stuck there for more than an hour with only three counters handling the multiple widebodies landing that morning. So this is not unique to our airports. The only difference was that I queued in a relatively more comfortable setting of the HKIA terminal as opposed to the warehouse LCCT.

The surprising thing is that once you touch down LCCT you are automatically in battle mode. You heart beats faster and you tend to run (sometimes you didn't realise it). I swear that's the only place in the whole of Malaysia where people really walk fast, comparable to Taipei MRT station or Hong Kong Central area.

MAR

Read carefully

To blame totally is not right

and To blame is totally not right

baca betul-betul....then comment.

I apologize the mistake in reading your previous comment hence the maksum (perfect) bit should be slashed out. But the rest should and still remain intact.

by the way...

to call people with bodoh baghal bebal is not part of our culture.....

I am sorry but this was meant to be read as how it was stated in my reply above - a joke just like in P. Ramlee movies.

And I thought a certain young promising minister tweeted with such word (was it bongok?) not too long ago, and everyone was in the agreement with him.

I apologize for being maybe too critical and opinionated to some quarters but I really can not tolerate when the travelling public (who are the taxpayers, who should be the master) is being bullied by an incompetent but in denial government agency. It is understandable to be incompetent for many reasons but you must admit your fault, be accountable for your mistakes and then and improve from that moment onwards.

If Aloyah didnt came out with such stupid excuse, i bet all of us would not fret so much.

To blame AirAsia when its none of their mistake is just stupid, what more doing it in public.

Once and for all, all JUSAs should make full use of their knowledge gained through various courses every few months, some of it were done overseas.

But the outcome, most of the time.. Are just, pure ignorance.

Stop treating the public as if we were in yesteryears, where we cant question, just accept things, no matter how stinks things are.