MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Perhaps the delay may serve the purpose right. Glitches, airport handlings, luggage handlings, check in, system etc. Won't want a mess, Singapore and UK have suffered it though.

For me if the KLIA2 can be open ahead of Brandenburg Airport thats a major accomplishment already.... :D

i have to second that :) for a project that plan was only recently finalized (after so many versions) KLIA2 is not so bad...let's just hope the cost is contained and won't blow out of proportion...

then again working in real world situation many things do not go according to plan....

..... KLIA2 is not so bad...let's just hope the cost is contained and won't blow out of proportion.....

I think too late, already blown out of proportion liao !

For me if the KLIA2 can be open ahead of Brandenburg Airport thats a major accomplishment already.... :D

New Berlin is still ok, try beat New Doha, delayed for 4 yrs! LOL!!

The architectural masterpiece of KLIA2, its 300 meter long skybridge.

1.jpg

Linking from where to where? The ground work still quite a mess. No doubt this airport could not be launched in March

From its Main Terminal to its Satellite.

KLIA2.jpg

klia2-skybridge.jpg

ne_06_1.jpg

Wow, walking all that way long? I thought it was supposedly a shuttle train service.

Wow, walking all that way long? I thought it was supposedly a shuttle train service.

There should be walkalators, the very least.

I thought it was supposedly a shuttle train service.

Likely under Phase 1 Upgrading Projek, after sufficient votes of protest from weary pax have been logged :D

Plus a shuttle train is not a low cost material. This is after all a low cost terminal remember (at least the purpose of its built).

I can imagine a lot of poor souls are going to run like mad men/women on that bridge chasing for their flights.

This is after all a low cost terminal remember (at least the purpose of its built).

Even if pax have to walk, it is still a huge improvement over the existing LCCT - at least it is enclosed and air conditioned.

Sometimes pax have unrealistic expectations of LCCs... Pay low fares and airport taxes, but yet want the full VIP treatment! ;)

Plus a shuttle train is not a low cost material. This is after all a low cost terminal remember (at least the purpose of its built).

I can imagine a lot of poor souls are going to run like mad men/women on that bridge chasing for their flights.

What about someone arrived in KLIA2 but heading to KLIA to take the first class seat to London? haha, sounds ironic?

Oh well, perhaps this is the Government's initiative, walk for health!

What about someone arrived in KLIA2 but heading to KLIA to take the first class seat to London? haha, sounds ironic?

Oh well, perhaps this is the Government's initiative, walk for health!

The ERL is going to be extended from MTB to klia2 right? So I don't think there'll be issues there.

But then again, what's wrong with walking especially during the afternoon? Burn more calories, get thin quicker :rofl:

The ERL is going to be extended from MTB to klia2 right? So I don't think there'll be issues there.

But then again, what's wrong with walking especially during the afternoon? Burn more calories, get thin quicker :rofl:

If ERL is going to be extended to KLIA2 from MTB, what's the point to build the skybridge?

Walking during the noon to burn calories is small matter, only big matter is someone missing the flight! Ha!

If ERL is going to be extended to KLIA2 from MTB, what's the point to build the skybridge?

Walking during the noon to burn calories is small matter, only big matter is someone missing the flight! Ha!

Skybridge = Aerotrain.

Linking between Main terminal to the satellite terminal in Airaside.

While ERL link between KLIA to KLIA 2 landside .

Can always ask them to buy new tickets.

I am sure that the airlines operating at KLIA2 will make sure that they warn pax about arriving at the boarding gates on time.

Those who are habitually late should (as Capt Radzi said), buy new tix! ;)

At the current RM35 rate, I don't think many will convert to the KLIA Ekspres. Many will still opt for the Skybus and Aerobus. But the RM2 shuttle between MTB and KLIA2 will be a real cash cow for ERL. If the offerings at KLIA2 are really good, people might just hop over there while waiting for their flights departing from the MTB. The new 14R/32L can take its time to finish. They just need to work day and night to finish the apron and taxiways. Operation can still be done via the existing 14R/32L and 14L/32R. Uncle Tony no doubt will surely complain of the long taxi for takeoff via 32R

I am sure that the airlines operating at KLIA2 will make sure that they warn pax about arriving at the boarding gates on time.

Those who are habitually late should (as Capt Radzi said), buy new tix! ;)

Well, try not to let this be a habit and fact to become a reality, KLIA would be voted down as the worst transit airport.

At the current RM35 rate, I don't think many will convert to the KLIA Ekspres.

It's not just the price. I think the KLIA ekpres is a great idea but it doesn't work for me. I live in Subang Jaya about 500m from exit 604 USJ. 12 minutes toll to toll. Can't imagine why I'd bother driving down to KL to take it. I suspect it probably is of limited use to Shah Alam/Klang residents too.

It's not just the price. I think the KLIA ekpres is a great idea but it doesn't work for me. I live in Subang Jaya about 500m from exit 604 USJ. 12 minutes toll to toll. Can't imagine why I'd bother driving down to KL to take it. I suspect it probably is of limited use to Shah Alam/Klang residents too.

True, ERL virtually useless for me living in Setia Alam. Toll Setia Alam to Toll KLIA only 40km.

If skytrain is deployed, I believe the transportation system would be very convenient. Like Changi, their MRT is interconnected compared to Kuala Lumpur,