MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

How about the passenger from Satellite terminal to the new LCCT 0.0

Of course, it's possible to walk the distance, if you have the clearance to do so airside; or as any normal pax, airside+landside...but it will be tiring.

Great shot. Also noticed a BII advert on the gates.. First time I've seen Maybank market that here in Malaysia.

I think it is because CIMB advertises its CIMB Niaga and CIMB Thai units at the red aerotrain.

5772719924_192648d0c6_z.jpg

Rather surprised that HSBC did not jump first to do so in KUL, despite being the global trend setter for such advertisement. Or maybe HSBC's application was vetoed in favour of Maybank?

I think it is because CIMB advertises its CIMB Niaga and CIMB Thai units at the red aerotrain.

5772719924_192648d0c6_z.jpg

Rather surprised that HSBC did not jump first to do so in KUL, despite being the global trend setter for such advertisement. Or maybe HSBC's application was vetoed in favour of Maybank?

Also, if you notice, the doors at the entrance to the Aerotrain are advertised with posters of OSK (now RHB). Ha, banks dominating airports!

Published: Thursday March 28, 2013 MYT 12:42:00 PM

MAHB: KLIA2 on schedule to open on June 28

By Leong Hung Yee

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airports Holding Bhd (MAHB) says the klia2 - the new low-cost airline hub - is on schedule to open on June 28.

The airports operator said on Thursday all efforts were underway to meet this target date.

"MAHB is closely monitoring the progress of the work being done by the contractors," it said.

Although some works by the contractors were behind schedule, they were ramping up their efforts to meet the deadline, it said.

MAHB is employing 1,102 new staff for KLIA2, of which 746 are aviation security, 86 are airport fire and rescue services, 98 are engineering and maintenance and 172 are operations services.

MAHB also said its managing director Tan Sri Bashir Ahmad Abdul Majid, who has been with the company since 2003, had requested the board seek a suitable successor.

Bashir's contract ends in June.

However, MAHB said the board would like Bashir to continue to guide the company through the current challenges facing the aviation industry.

"The board will in due course identify a successor and will provide sufficient time for a proper transition. The board has deliberated the matter and has forwarded the matter to Ministry of Finance for its decision," it said.

i find bit odd that MAHB or MOT have to come out with the same statement almost every week..this is like the 3rd/ 4th in recent weeks...we get you..the airport will be opened on 28th june....somehow i believe it it will be partially open.. :ph34r:

What do you mean by that ?

Why are you so confident till need to say such thing??

Explain it.

Yes alberttky, (PLEASE) explain :lol:

For big airport terminal opening the operational readiness testing should have been done by now. I was involved in Changi Airport T3 opening and we were done with testing 6 months ahead of operation. KLIA2 isn't even finished with construction. Then again, I suppose Malaysia boleh.

Lets wait and see - afterall, it is supposed to be an LCCT. Remember how chaotic it was when the present LCCT first commenced ops? ;)

For big airport terminal opening the operational readiness testing should have been done by now. I was involved in Changi Airport T3 opening and we were done with testing 6 months ahead of operation. KLIA2 isn't even finished with construction. Then again, I suppose Malaysia boleh.

Agreed. Chances are it's gonna be chaotic. A repeat of 1998 opening of KLIA perhaps?

Almost every new airport opening has been chaotic, HKG, KLIA, LHR T5. You can plan to the max but come day 1, staff will still be unfamiliar the building and passengers like always when they enter an airport terminal will suddenly lower their IQ level, loose their common sense and will be unable to read signs etc. I believe a gradual opening would be more viable. Moving Tiger/Cebu first, followed by Malindo and finally AK group.

Lets wait and see - afterall, it is supposed to be an LCCT. Remember how chaotic it was when the present LCCT first commenced ops? ;)

It still is. Makes puduraya feel like the new EK DXB concourse A First class Lounge.

I know it's not apple to apple comparison, but just saw pictures of and read about Shenzen's Bao'an new T3

:shok:

Almost every new airport opening has been chaotic, HKG, KLIA, LHR T5. You can plan to the max but come day 1, staff will still be unfamiliar the building and passengers like always when they enter an airport terminal will suddenly lower their IQ level, loose their common sense and will be unable to read signs etc. I believe a gradual opening would be more viable. Moving Tiger/Cebu first, followed by Malindo and finally AK group.

Yes, a phased opening might have been better.

Signage is not a strong point in Malaysia. So I am hoping that the standard at klia2 will be better, a lot better.

Yes, a phased opening might have been better.

Signage is not a strong point in Malaysia. So I am hoping that the standard at klia2 will be better, a lot better.

Signage in Malaysia is mean for people who know the direction.

This airport could become a reality show showing how the builders are rushing all out to meet this looming deadline in June :clapping: :help:

As I understand it, "builders" have only till May

01 May to be exact (I quote what I read)

That is 30 days from today

02 May to 27 Jun, they get the place ready for D-day :)