MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

Wow Taiko.. ur Mike 44-03 is good.. a.net worthy kekeke..

CN-235 indeed a good shot, but what an ugly airplane IMHO :blink:

Jetstar doing another tail-wind landing ? :huh:

Wah Taiko not working these few days?

Btw, how come the 3K equipment got some sort of sticker on the fuselage just behind the Jetstar word?

Edited by waiping

Jetstar equipment I/we have some across so far :-

9V-JSA - my ride SIN - BKI on 20 Oct.

9V-JSB - Inaugural SIN - BKI flight.

9V-JSC - Spotted by Loke

9V-JSD - spotted by Sam

Valuair

9V-VLA - spotted by Sam

9V-VLB - spotted by myself.

:D

Wah Taiko not working these few days?

Btw, how come the 3K equipment got some sort of sticker on the fuselage just behind the Jetstar word?

i think cover up the ASIA word, used to be jetstarasia

beautiful sam!!

Looks like VF equipment will feature prominently in this sector. :good:

Dear MW-ers,

after looking at ALL the fantastic photos on this thread, it became one of my reasons to make a trip to KK to sniff out the spotting locations. Google Map was of GREAT help to look for these roads although my fingers were very much crossed hoping they were still valid... Seeing how my hotel at WARISAN SQUARE was still a plot of empty land, and that 1BORNEO was still forest.

So here we go.

JALAN CEMPAKA

I made my way to Jalan Cempaka first. Lots of construction at the edge as I think there are building more taxiways and the refurbishment of the old airport terminal.

P1010813.jpg

KA A320 from HKG. This was what greeted me as soon as I drove in. I almost drive the car into the longkang at the excitement of seeing a taxiing aircraft so close by!

P1010817.jpg

The sights continued with an MI A319 from where else but SIN.

P1010819.jpg

I had the intention of flying to Lahad Datu on M-Wings just for the heck of it but somehow I was so occupied in KK I never got around to it.

P1010823.jpg

More M-Wings. It was pure delight to finally see this airline in its flesh. The livery is pure and simple, really pleasing to the eyes.

P1010826.jpg

I flew in on 9M-MQC the day before and here we meet again.

P1010828.jpg

The FO was really friendly and he gave a wave... One of us, perhaps?

P1010830.jpg

The highlight of my afternoon, the 777-200. The heat haze was a nuisance though...

P1010831.jpg

It gave a roar to the LCCT AK terminal before snobbishly turning away.

P1010834.jpg

Here it is again, I can almost touch the wingtips.

P1020053.jpg

Returned on another evening to find the lighting conditions not too ideal.

P1020054.jpg

Managed to catch this stranger.

P1020057.jpg

I think the MH 737 was also curious...

P1020063.jpg

I was standing over the drain for the longest time... so engrossed by the sights that I didn't even realised what was beneathed me... YIKES! :nea:

TANJUNG ARU

Ok, here was another area I tried out but depending on the time of the day, I much preferred the other location. Nevertheless, here are my captured shots...

P1010863.jpg

I sneaked past the fence otherwise there were too many obstructions.

P1010865.jpg

More MH 737s... I was honestly wishing there was more variety at this point. Hahahaha.

P1010867.jpg

And there she goes... there she goes again...

MY RIDES

So how did I get to these places? I don't think public transportation would have brought me there so...

P1010825.jpg

P1010820.jpg

... I did a Perodua Myvi! Excellent car to drive although the interior was too plasticky for my liking.

P1020059.jpg

P1020095.jpg

How can a visit to Malaysia be complete without driving the Saga? I loved the sound of the engine, lots of grunt and sounded eager to please. But performance was left much to be desired and seemed a tad underpowered with all that grunt. Also the balance of the car wasn't all that good.

FINALLY... BC TAM... Thank you for the ngau chap.

I will be back in KK before you know it.

Cheers

Ryan

Edited by Ryan Soh

Went for a short spotting session today and for a brief period of time it was like bus station. Airbus that is when around 9:55 the Jetstar/Valuair, RBA and AK all A320s were moving.

a0001.jpg

a0002.jpg

a0003.jpg

Enjoy!

Waiping, Birthday spotting? hehe... today off? or :spiteful: . btw, HAppy Birthday!!!!

Ryan, nice shots there! and you are so lucky lar.... able to meet our Good Friend !!! :rofl: hopefully the traffic here didn't disappoint you. :drinks:

Edited by Samuel Chy

Did anyone saw Maskargo A300F MH6004 landed at BKI just now..1855hrs..

just got info from Nick.R (he got it from flightstats) that the A300F departed KCH at 1715hrs and should be at BKI by now..that flight will then depart as MH6005 at 2040hrs to KUL..

Flightstats

Ryan great shots.

Hope Mr. Tam did provide you a dosage of sunscreen (SPF with 4 digits) in order for you to withstand the strong sun that day :)

Did anyone saw Maskargo A300F MH6004 landed at BKI just now..1855hrs..

just got info from Nick.R (he got it from flightstats) that the A300F departed KCH at 1715hrs and should be at BKI by now..that flight will then depart as MH6005 at 2040hrs to KUL..

Flightstats

informed by LeeTZ. but the moment he call me, my phone not with me. :( btw, year end normally the sun-set around 6~6.30pm. so no chance to take any shots also. :D

informed by LeeTZ. but the moment he call me, my phone not with me. :( btw, year end normally the sun-set around 6~6.30pm. so no chance to take any shots also. :D

Night spotting using high ISO.. :spiteful: :lol:

Ryan, nice shots there! and you are so lucky lar.... able to meet our Good Friend !!! :rofl: hopefully the traffic here didn't disappoint you. :drinks:

I was actually quite surprised with the volume of traffic! I mean it was constantly MAS 737s and MH-Wings... But at least they were in constant motion!

Ryan great shots.

Hope Mr. Tam did provide you a dosage of sunscreen (SPF with 4 digits) in order for you to withstand the strong sun that day :)

Hahahaha... Let's just say that I returned to Singapore with a nice tan. A very painful tan...

P1020054.jpg

Managed to catch this stranger.

Welcome to Sabah! Ryan

You managed to catch this, wonder what it was doing there?

B737-3L9 BBJ, rego: N788LS (Owned by Las Vegas Sands Corp)

Hope you enjoy your trip! Cheers :drinks:

Waiping,

Could it be you snapped Steve flying the S-92 there ?! :)

That's my bird, thanks for the picture Waiping. Unfortunately it wasn't me flying it that day, instead I was busy trying not to be drowned :help: . I was doing my HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Trainer) training - which basically means I was strapped inside a tube that is then submerged and turned upside down, then I have to get out through a tiny window. If I succeed I get to do it three more times. Anybody want to take my place for the next one?? :yahoo:

I was flying sistership C-GOHA in BKI today. I hope I didn't make too much noise!

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve

second ATR(MWB) for Maswings will be here around end of March, 3rd (MWC) will be April :)

Maswings' first ATR. (Anyone know when will the second ATR arrives?)

IMG_3105.jpg

Edited by Loke

You managed to catch this, wonder what it was doing there?

He/she is probably really sick of the artificial sky, trees and built environment in Macau and decided to come to Sabah for a bit of nature. :)

An indication perhaps that Sabah high rollers having been accorded VVVIP status ?

One prominent chap comes to mind :)

..... sunscreen (SPF with 4 digits) .....

4 digit SPF factor - sounds more like a photographic darkroom than a sunscreen :p

Ryan,

Nice see the "Hah-Lau" incident at Jln Cempaka (more commonly referred to as Jln Bunga Raya here for some reason) proved no deterrant whatsoever :)