MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

Thanks Yoong ! Looking good so far

Any inside info as to when exactly they intend to start making use of the place ?

Lou Lee,

Any scheduled site inspection yet ? :)

*SOB* BKI is so pretty! And HUGE! Will fly into BKI on the 22 Aug cant wait! The check-in island is big, unlike KCH row A and B share one island C and D another...BKI Island B is the whole island...bothe side...huhuhu! Nice la....BTW, KCH will have Mc'D soon...they pasted the job vancy ads....

Wow love the terminal. I hope the job in BKI in October is confirmed so I can see the place for myself! BTW, thanks for the photos

wah :yahoo: , BKI rocks !!!! , thanks yoong for sharing those pictures :good: ,

simon , dun be sad la , :p , but for the mean time , BKI rocks!!!!!!!! :p :rofl:

DSC01537.jpg

FYI, the terminal look good and new but the passenger still have to scan thier baggages before check-in (old style)

You can see the x-ray machine on the left side of the above photo.

Thank you for viewing.

Edited by Yoong

Thanks Yoong ! Looking good so far

Any inside info as to when exactly they intend to start making use of the place ?

Next week they will have a trial run for the airport. Hopefully, by 19Aug it can be use.

Edited by Yoong

Wah lau, rushing for the school holiday crowd kah ?! :)

Man, I do hope they sort out the half finished flyover / road right outside the airport's entrance in time too

The consequences if otherwise may prove a bit, well, inconvenient !

Wah lau, rushing for the school holiday crowd kah ?! :)

Man, I do hope they sort out the half finished flyover / road right outside the airport's entrance in time too

The consequences if otherwise may prove a bit, well, inconvenient !

Haha! Have to agree with you, I can imagine that chaotic situation during that time. Man... I'll be flying into BKI on 24th, hope everything will be fine by that time, and I'll ask my mom to come to airport 1 hour later after I've arrived. Hehehehe..........

Every state has got the airport upgraded except for Melaka :angry: :finger:

Who say oh ! :)

Sunday August 3, 2008

Malacca set to be low-cost fare hub

MALACCA: The state is set to be a low-cost fare hub for the southern region following the completion of the RM134mil expansion of the Batu Berendam Airport early next year.

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam said a meeting would be held with AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Tony Fernandez next week to determine the routes for the airline.

Read the rest at the StarOnline here

Now the expansion of the runway stop. Gomen short of cash due to high cost of raw material.

From what i read from newspaper a few days ago. The runway need another 400m for AK's airbus to land.

DSC01537.jpg

FYI, the terminal look good and new but the passenger still have to scan thier baggages before check-in (old style)

You can see the x-ray machine on the left side of the above photo.

Thank you for viewing.

This is where taxi thugs hang out, just like KLIA. :p

This is where taxi thugs hang out, just like KLIA. :p

No lah, their designated territory should be one level down, at arrivals :p

I see no viewing mall :nea:

I did not see it too....maybe somewhere hiding.

Anyway, the shops is at the other end of the chk-in counter....kind of like mini (very mini) ICN or KUL airport.

Arrival hall at level 1, airlines offices at level 2 (from office you can see arrival hall...like KLIA) and departure at leve1 3.

You will see it personally....soooooon. :drinks: :drinks:

Edited by Yoong

Looks so similar to KLIA :blink:

Wow, what a difference with the 'old' situation :pardon:

Thanks a lot for sharing... :good:

Looks so similar to KLIA :blink:

Wow, what a difference with the 'old' situation :pardon:

Thanks a lot for sharing... :good:

Yeah, guess it lost a bit of uniqueness there. Seen one seen old.

Guest tualatin21
Now the expansion of the runway stop. Gomen short of cash due to high cost of raw material.

From what i read from newspaper a few days ago. The runway need another 400m for AK's airbus to land.

do you mean that the current planned runway extension to 3780m will be shorten???

Sam said got 744 came in and left already. Anyone got any infos?

I call sam just now and inform him about the 744. unfortunately i on the job... cannot go spotting...

[Next week they will have a trial run for the airport. Hopefully, by 19Aug it can be use.

If that is the case, i shall be grateful to experience it on my next KUL trip which is due 26/08/08. By the way, extension of the runway stopped? I was jogging along the construction site of the runway extension and the heavy machinery were still parked there.

sorry brother for not listening to your call, got something to do that moment. after i call you, i saw she depart at around 3.32pm from 2 1/2 miles Jalan Tuaran there. if not mistaken, it should not be a 744F. most probably 744. and the turnaround time only 1 1/2 hours.

Yoong and Andi, did you guys have some more information about it?