One of the sign

DSC06907.jpg

Entrance to departure

DSC06912.jpg

Last view of the old terminal

DSC06913.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!

Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!

enjoy it very much!!!! :yahoo: thanks a lot for the exclusive pix... is there any confirmation date of trial use of the airport "land-side"?

Golden Lounge in level 3

DSC06902.jpg

Golden Lounge looks exactly the same with the old one (at least externally) ;)

Hope more immaculate inside

19Aug is the day to start using the 'new' terminal.

(at least from what i've heard)

Wow, what a change :blink: :blink:

Thanks for sharing and kudos for the improved facilities @ BKI :good:

I suppose we should start praying and hoping the opening will not be plague by major problemos as per KUL, HKG, BKK (to name a few) :)

Yoong,

Any idea if the 'old' part of T1 will be demolished to ground and rebuilt or they plan to build over existing structure ?

In your 'last look' pic, looks like the steel skeleton frames are already on site

Edited by BC Tam

I suppose we should start praying and hoping the opening will not be plague by major problemos as per KUL, HKG, BKK (to name a few) :)

Yoong,

Any idea if the 'old' part of T1 will be demolished to ground and rebuilt or they plan to build over existing structure ?

In your 'last look' pic, looks like the steel skeleton frames are already on site

I am not sure about it....but from my point of view is build over existing structure.

Problem!! I am sure got problem on the 1st day but it won't be as big as those in KUL, HKG...etcs. KKIA is not as BIG as you think. hehehehe

Problem!! I am sure got problem on the 1st day but it won't be as big as those in KUL, HKG...etcs. KKIA is not as BIG as you think. hehehehe

Heh heh, physical size should not be used as a measure of problem potential

Think of cili padi ! :p

Mind you, danger of major disaster perhaps lessened by fact that BKI not actually moving to an altogether new location (as was KUL, HKG, BKK) - in fact building already half used anyway. Plus, I believe the luggage system employed will be the very basic 'manual' variety, not the sophisticated automated systems that have proven the downfall of many openings elsewhere

Dear All,

The new terminal is going to open on the 19AUG....full operation.

FYI, if you arrive - get out from the plane is level 2 => take escalator to level 3 => look for another escalator to level 2 =>

clear immigration in level 2 => take escalator to level 1 (arrival hall).

As for departure......check-in at level 3 and clear immigration => take escalator to level 2 => board the plane.

See all of you in the new terminal.

Dear All,

The new terminal is going to open on the 19AUG....full operation.

FYI, if you arrive - get out from the plane is level 2 => take escalator to level 3 => look for another escalator to level 2 =>

As for departure......check-in at level 3 and clear immigration => take escalator to level 2 => board the plane.

See all of you in the new terminal.

roger!!! but why it sound like so complicated when arrived? or is normal for bigger airport?

You're not serious - I hope ? :blink: :rofl:

But then one has to be grateful there are escalators now instead of those steep and narrow flights of stairs one has to negotiate currently :)

That is for Int flights that require Immigration I think....in a way the flow is smoother, departing pax do not clash with arriving pax. If you look at KCH's arrival pax flow for Gate 7,8 and 9, pax are to go all the way to the end and go up the escalator opposite Gate 9, backtrack on the 3rd floor then down to immigration hall 2nd floor, the baggage claim on Grd floor...waste of time...now, all hentam...out the Gate, turn right, go past Coffeebean, terus to arrival hall for clearence then down to Baggage claim....faster...FYI, MAS cabin crews call KCH "The People's Republic of Beijing" cos all those arriving from Peninsular and Sabah and Labuan need to go thru Immigration...hahaha!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Similar to KLIA's international & mixed-flights arrival sequence in MTB contact pier. i.e. immediately go up escalator on left (or right :pardon: ) right after exitting aerobridge, walk towards the middle, take escalators down to arrival immigration, baggage claim & customs.

Our friend Kenneth T must have done more mixed flights than many of us here :D

So if any of you want to know the definition of mixed flights, please ask him :drinks:

Paging for Mr E,,, you owe we 2 times of spotting pixes... :rofl:

shot from last boring Sunday...

with 18-200VR

DSC_8114.jpg

is this the problem of the lens? the left side like out of focus. but the rest okay. <_>

NIce shot Sam, yes.. the issue with this lens is either the left or the right hand side of the photo is slightly blurred.. giving ME a hard time !!! :finger: But sometimes both ends are ok.. <_>

Edited by Ignatius

Good pic! Long time no see BKI gang in action

Indeed; what's happening, guys ? :huh:

'Wintersleep' ??? :pardon:

Paging for Mr E,,, you owe we 2 times of spotting pixes... :rofl:

shot from last boring Sunday...

with 18-200VR

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/kkms/2008/0810/DSC_8114.jpg

is this the problem of the lens? the left side like out of focus. but the rest okay. <_>

If consistently giving similar problem, ie left side OOF... send it back for repair..

might be one of the elements not properly sits in the barrel...

If consistently giving similar problem, ie left side OOF... send it back for repair..

might be one of the elements not properly sits in the barrel...

thanks for the info, i will tell he (OWNER of the lens.) :D

Simon and Louis, not mine one, also not 2.8. the lens belongs to someone.

Pieter and Walter, nowadays out spotting location getting lesser. no more tOH, no more Jln Selangor, no more Bunga Raya. :cray: