MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

BKI Spotting V2

That is for Int flights that require Immigration I think....in a way the flow is smoother, departing pax do not clash with arriving pax. If you look at KCH's arrival pax flow for Gate 7,8 and 9, pax are to go all the way to the end and go up the escalator opposite Gate 9, backtrack on the 3rd floor then down to immigration hall 2nd floor, the baggage claim on Grd floor...waste of time...now, all hentam...out the Gate, turn right, go past Coffeebean, terus to arrival hall for clearence then down to Baggage claim....faster...FYI, MAS cabin crews call KCH "The People's Republic of Beijing" cos all those arriving from Peninsular and Sabah and Labuan need to go thru Immigration...hahaha!

Slightly off-topic..

Right now, there is a mix of arriving and departing pax at KCH, BKI and even PEN. And one does not even enter into a sterile area before a flight - meaning no pre-departure security for pax in transit. Seems to me like easy security loopholes. A person with bad intentions need only originate at a less-than-secure departure airport (think rural or smaller airports, or from airports in places when bribery is the norm, think MES etc) and on the next sector, take an international flight at KCH, BKI or PEN.

Same thing for the liquids rule. OK for domestic flights but not international, which is silly. Hence, a great loophole by taking liquids on a domestic flight to KCH, BKI or PEN, and then board an international flight.

Common sense and obvious loopholes...but MAB is suffering syphilis of the brain..(as usual)

So, for instance, no point having strict security at KUL for an MH flight to, say, ICN, when contrabands are easily uploaded in BKI where the plane makes a stop-over. Also, SQ flights from KUL tend to attract strict security, but the backdoor is wide-open - what about SQ flights from PEN?

Slightly off-topic..

Right now, there is a mix of arriving and departing pax at KCH, BKI and even PEN. And one does not even enter into a sterile area before a flight - meaning no pre-departure security for pax in transit. Seems to me like easy security loopholes. A person with bad intentions need only originate at a less-than-secure departure airport (think rural or smaller airports, or from airports in places when bribery is the norm, think MES etc) and on the next sector, take an international flight at KCH, BKI or PEN.

Same thing for the liquids rule. OK for domestic flights but not international, which is silly. Hence, a great loophole by taking liquids on a domestic flight to KCH, BKI or PEN, and then board an international flight.

Common sense and obvious loopholes...but MAB is suffering syphilis of the brain..(as usual)

So, for instance, no point having strict security at KUL for an MH flight to, say, ICN, when contrabands are easily uploaded in BKI where the plane makes a stop-over. Also, SQ flights from KUL tend to attract strict security, but the backdoor is wide-open - what about SQ flights from PEN?

It's even more shocking that domestic and international passenger security checkpoints are shared. How difficult is it to ask someone to carry a huge bottle of liquid explosives thru security using a domestic boarding pass and then hand it over to the international passenger airside. Or worse, the same person could check in for both a domestic flight and an international flight and use the domestic boarding pass to clear security and then proceed to board the international flight.

Carrying firearms onboard an international flight is not that difficult at all. Anyone could fly MKM-KCH without even encountering security and then proceed to board an international flight to say SIN again without encountering additional security...

It was a cloudy Saturday evening and I managed to snap some pictures when i went jogging today.

Construction work at Tanjung Aru 3rd Beach

KKIAT1001A.jpg

Gravel road linking Tanjung 3rd beach and Petagas where the runway extension is.

KKIAT1002A.jpg

Construction work at KKIA runway extension

KKIAT1003A.jpg

This site will eventually be the new runway extension for KKIA.

KKIAT1004A.jpg

MH's A330S operating as MH2617 at KKIA New T1 Gate 1.

KKIAT1005A.jpg

To be continued.......... :rolleyes:

MH's A330S operating as MH2617 at KKIA New T1 Gate 1.

That would be gate 2 no ? Gate 1 I believe is an open bay

BTW, at double-bridged bays, do they differentiate the bridges by numbers (eg. 2a & 2b) like at KLIA ?

You think they have commenced work on road linking 3rd beach to Petagas ?

That would be gate 2 no ? Gate 1 I believe is an open bay

BTW, at double-bridged bays, do they differentiate the bridges by numbers (eg. 2a & 2b) like at KLIA ?

You think they have commenced work on road linking 3rd beach to Petagas ?

No idea, perhaps someone here can clarify...

Continue from the previous post........

Construction site on the new runway extension at Petagas.

KKIAT1006A.jpg

MH's B737-400s

KKIAT1007A.jpg

The sea view from the construction site.

KKIAT1008A.jpg

Work in progress by the Global Upline's heavy machineries.

KKIAT1009A.jpg

RBA's A320s on final approach.

KKIAT1010A.jpg

To be continued....Sorry for the poor pictures quality taken by my Sony Ericsson K850

Hellooo everybody. I'm new here..

I used to love watching over the runway and the planes goin up n down at BKI..

Like to see see only, and can spend hours.. but I dont take pictures, no camera. is that considered as 'spotting' too?

Welcome to MalaysianWings, and Yes @rt.. that is considered as spotting too.. dont have to worry about having to spot with or without a digital camera.. its the joy of spotting that is important.. and pls do pm Gavin.. for the name change as we all use our real names here in this forum.. =)

Meor,

Love your present 'signature' !!! :pardon:

Thx for the welcoming gesture. =) My name is Arthur Wong, my friends call me Art. So '@rt' cannot use issit? ok.. Uhh, where can I find Gavin? i'm lost around here. :unsure:

Like to see see only, and can spend hours.. but I dont take pictures, no camera. is that considered as 'spotting' too?

Is ok to spot without a camera. Come and join me, i'll will inject some venom :p :lol: :rofl:

welcome to the Club, Arthur... you based in Europe?

Edit:

some spotting pix from today,

MAS...

DSC_8222-800.jpg

DSC_8266-800.jpg

AK...

DSC_8252-800.jpg

DSC_8277-800.jpg

DSC_8315-800.jpg

thats all for today session, no Dutch lady... no Aussies... :sorry:

Edited by Samuel Chy

welcome to the Club, Arthur... you based in Europe?

hi samuel. heard ur the 'taiko' here! i'm actually studying in russia, i got some amateur pics of their airport (malu)

decided to join this forum coz i was excitingly curious when i saw a B744 depart 02 one evening, i think 8th aug. caught me by surprise!

goin back to russia via amsterdam on 3rd sept, and will be hoping to start an album of pics with that trip!

crap. my 1st few posts all already OT.. malunya

regarding the new BKI terminal, tomorrow Aug 19th it will be open. I'll be doing MH 2121 to TWU so I might be one of the earliest to use it. :yahoo:

Anyone attended the 'opening ceremony' yesterday (Sunday 17Aug)? (Ribbon cutting, blessing ceremony, makan-makan.... etc)

19Aug

--------

1st flight to depart will be MH2637 to KUL, STD 0610

1st flight to arrive will be MH2638 from KUL, STA 0635

MH2121's STD is 0700, so Capt Radzi, you're not the 1st to depart :D

I heard from my airport kakis that many of them are still not familiar with the new check-in & baggage handling system, as well as the new layout.

(They're still quite 'blur' about 'going up one level, then go down 2 levels, then to what level, turn left, turn right, etc.)

Travel agents already advised their clients who travel on 19Aug to purchase travel insurance in case of non-arrival of check-in luggage in their destinations, missed flights, etc.

So hmm, we shall see.... All the best to everyone. :drinks:

Oh yes... do post some pix of the 1st day of operations tomorrow... Thanks!

Anyone attended the 'opening ceremony' yesterday (Sunday 17Aug)? (Ribbon cutting, blessing ceremony, makan-makan.... etc)

19Aug

--------

1st flight to depart will be MH2637 to KUL, STD 0610

1st flight to arrive will be MH2638 from KUL, STA 0635

MH2121's STD is 0700, so Capt Radzi, you're not the 1st to depart :D

I heard from my airport kakis that many of them are still not familiar with the new check-in & baggage handling system, as well as the new layout.

(They're still quite 'blur' about 'going up one level, then go down 2 levels, then to what level, turn left, turn right, etc.)

Travel agents already advised their clients who travel on 19Aug to purchase travel insurance in case of non-arrival of check-in luggage in their destinations, missed flights, etc.

So hmm, we shall see.... All the best to everyone. :drinks:

Oh yes... do post some pix of the 1st day of operations tomorrow... Thanks!

u didn't go?

wahh sunday opening ceremony eh..

yesterday also one side of the flyover can used already

Ahah - welcome @rt and benz ! I see you have melangkah over from pencakar langit :) Hope you enjoy your visits here :)

Arthur - your version of spotting is what I assume many of us started off with. Then complications such as binoculars and cameras and lenses and video cameras etc came into being :) So, enjoy the purity of it, before you too get embroiled in the mish mash of it all ! :)

Better get in touch with numero uno & principal taiko, more commonly referred to as Gavin here, to have your usernames amended to the required specifications though, and soon. I'm pretty sure Gavin is listed in the 'Members' directory, just a click away - PM him. House rules you see, something along line of "masuk kandang kerbau, ...... " :D

BTW, we should look forward to welcoming dejavu88 here too, sparks and fireworks notwithstanding ! :)

Edited by BC Tam

AK will stay put at T2 for now.

The opening tomorrow is actually phase 2; phase 1 was the opening of the new bays earlier. So now we will have new bay + new terminal. Then the old terminal will be closed for renovation, only when it is completed (phase 3?) will AK move to T1, if they ever want to do so.

No, I won't bwe the first to depart. But within the 1st hour of operation, consider okay lah. As I said before, "among the first"......

Edited by Radzi