MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Aerobridge Collapse

Seriously, MAS and MAHB need to improve their services. It seems as if some rotten apples are making a bad impression on the company involved. Also, it does not surprise me with some of the incompetent people working at the airport...I agree the airprot has lost its shine with all the above mentioned !! Maybe the awards should be relooked at from a so called world class airport ?

I noticed that the airport website is also messed up, not giving up to date information. It is very contradicting that they give wrong information from what the real fact is. I wrote to the airport website email (Public Relations) and have never received any feedbacks from them. It proofs the incompetency of the whole website planners and how ineffective they are.

Too bad, we can't do anything much on our side !!

:help: :help: :help:

Theres another similiar thing happened to MH right? but not at KLIA..

Yeah. It was a MH 734, at Changi a few years ago. At one of the gates MAS usually use at Changi. But that accident was a bit different ...

I noticed that the airport website is also messed up, not giving up to date information. It is very contradicting that they give wrong information from what the real fact is.

Yeah, the airport website is a mess ... I can get better flight informations from NY/NJ main airports, and mind you all none of these airports are world class ...

I wrote to the airport website email (Public Relations) and have never received any feedbacks from them. It proofs the incompetency of the whole website planners and how ineffective they are.

Too bad, we can't do anything much on our side !!

:help: :help: :help:

May be you should write to Star instead.

Edited by Isaac

I once heard and almost got involved with a company in Malaysia that was to be buying the KLIA aerobridges from MAHB and was to be responsible for their maintenance.. This was a plan by MAHB to probably raise some cash from the sale of the aerobridges to help fund operations and probably repay the government the mass of cash that it (mAhB) owes them...

The company was to be responsible for all maintenance and care for the aerobridges.. I believed revenue from the aerobridges was to have come from advertising - which we have not seen at KLIA thus yet.... perhaps our civil engineer with many projects at KLIA including the new A380 bridges at C-17,27,37 could help shed some light on this..

IMHO, this should never have happend... but I also recall when I was working at AirAsia when they still operated from the MTB, noting the condition and in some cases - rampant corrosion - of the aerobridges... It's actually something i highlighted in a letter sent to MAHB about 2 years ago the letter was quite long and had a list of complaints.. perhaps some of you may remember it.....

once again - I hope this is brought to public light.. perhaps the photographer of those images would like to send it to theStar...

Very saddened by this state of affairs..

Edited by Sandeep G

So, PEK bound flight depart from MTB?

Looks like it though one could sense the satellite building should be used for international departure but hey.. <_< I once experienced MH80 (or MH81? for that matter, could not remember :sorry: ) parked at MTB too but the embarkation was on different gate for domestic and international passengers.

I guess it has got to do with Immigration stuff for international passengers hence the different gate. :pardon:

Not just aerobridges are rotting away. There are already multiple gaps between the floor and the glass panels overlooking the right side ('A' gates) at the Anjung Tinjau KLIA MTB. The cement appears to have become brittle.

I look forward to more awards to come for MAHB's KUL so that even more large banners proclaiming 'World's Best Airport' strung all over the cavernous Main Terminal Building. They should also make periodic announcements over the PA system so that people will know they are in the world's number 1 airport.

Edited by Rozhan

thanks for the photos...i notice familiar faces there (aerobridge expert)...my guess would be hydraulic failure...

best airport in the world in its category..................joker!

we go for spotting to indirectly promote the airport, they would be so happy to rush to the scene and chase us away. and the very thing they have to take care of is left unattended.

Anybody noticed KLIA has somehow loss its shine ? And the restrooms are not tidy, the smell of urine. Most of the restrooms for disabled people have non-functional doors. And many more ... Changi Terminal 2 has tidier restrooms.

Yup. the toilet looks so old and without proper maintance. This wasnt the case for HKIA and Seoul Incheon, I wonder how they claim to be the world's best airport?? :rolleyes:

So, PEK bound flight depart from MTB?

Yeah ... probably. Many international flights nowadays depart from the main terminal, even the Australia flights also depart from the main terminal sometimes.

I look forward to more awards to come for MAHB's KUL so that even more large banners proclaiming 'World's Best Airport' strung all over the cavernous Main Terminal Building. They should also make periodic announcements over the PA system so that people will know they are in the world's number 1 airport.

Nicely said... :clapping:

it's a result of greed and the corrupted Malaysian

Malaysian is always greed and corrupted....thats why all multi billion dollar projects such as KLCC and KLIA last time goes to foreigners..

Good News Guyz... Mr. Kilo Ecko already recover from it injuries... saw it been tow out from MH Maintanance area on saturday evening...

9mmkepz1.jpg

9mmke2ef9.jpg

Edited by Ibrahim

Did they cannibalise the door from another MH330 that is down for scheduled maintenance (so that MKE can be returned to service asap)?

(And fit the new door - when it arrives - to this other aircraft)

there is one A330 inside the MAS hangar yesterday, rego not known thou

there is one A330 inside the MAS hangar yesterday, rego not known thou

When I passed by early evening, I could see that the front door L1 was open (or could be missing...difficult to judge.)

Last nite while i jusr arrived from syd( delayed) about 2130hrs, i over heard the catering staff told me that one of our catering tuck hit akl bound 777 door(not sure which door). There goes another delay...

Last nite while i jusr arrived from syd( delayed) about 2130hrs, i over heard the catering staff told me that one of our catering tuck hit akl bound 777 door(not sure which door). There goes another delay...

Now that explains the overbooking issue??!

Sign in to follow this