MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ricky Tiong

Boeing 787 Dreamliner

When he first sent them to me and I opened them up....I actually gasped....and then fell off my chair (OK I didn't quite fall off the chair, but I did gasp!) Aren't they great!

Andrew

Wow KC, these are really awesome!!! So blue so ocean so nice... Your greetings from Seattle is more a teasing from Seattle... So so lucky you...

Teng kiut for sharing... :pardon:

KC!! You are good!!!! You make us Mwings really proud of you.

And I feel honored that the person who took that shot just before it nosed into hangar is someone that I know well. It looks to me as if you were all by yourself with that lady with no interference from the outside world. That shot tells us a lot of things. For me, that shot explains that the aircraft is in absolute peace not realising that she's gonna change how we fly. And that shot looks like as if she would be in no stress and ready to endure the test flights for next 8 months.

Have a safe flight back to where you come from. Meantime, I am sure we all here are happy that you are safe and sound up there, home of the biggest exporter of United States.

:yahoo: :yahoo:That's totally awesome, KC!!! Thanks for sharing!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

All the 3 Dream photos is upped in A.net! Congrats!!! :good:

Wonderful aircraft. Wish I can fly one someday.

K C,

Thanks a lot for sharing these wonderful images; Andrew, thanks a lot for helping to upload these here...

That 787 looks even more nicer than I'd expected her to be: look at those wings and engines; no doubt, she will revolutionize air-travel :drinks:

Just imagine: already more than 700 sold, even before she's airborne :blink: :good:

More, more.. i want more... my eyes want to gorge more...

AWESOME pics KC...!! :yahoo:

Just imagine: already more than 700 sold, even before she's airborne

What happen with airbus now ??? people prefer medium size, not giant...

It is a remarkable milestone for Boeing....and breaktrough in the aviation history...soon the future air travellr will be able to benefits from such innovation. It proves that AIRBUS is a little too ambitios on the A380s which turns out to be a loss making aircraft at this present moment....Congratualtions to Boeing for manufacturing a beauty in the skies....It's such a gorgeous plane....though :drinks:

Air Berlin, Qantas, ALAFCO provide details of new Dreamliner deals

Tuesday July 10, 2007

Air Berlin yesterday said the order for 25 787s placed during the weekend's festivities in Seattle included options and purchase rights for a further 25, making it the largest Dreamliner order from a European airline.

Deliveries for the firm aircraft are scheduled for 2013-17, AB said. "With this order, we want to secure the long-term future of the Air Berlin Group's long-haul capacity," CEO Joachim Hunold said, adding that the order was "primarily a future fleet replacement exercise." The airline said it secured a "significant discount" from the $4 billion at list price thanks to the size of the order, and that a pre-delivery payment in the "mid-double-digit million dollar amount" is due before 2011.

Separately, Qantas said its order for 20 included the conversion of 20 purchase rights into options. It now has firm orders for 65 787s, 20 options and 30 purchase rights. CEO Geoff Dixon said both the mainline and Jetstar Airways will use the aircraft on domestic and international routes. QF will take delivery of its first 787-8 in July 2008 with the first 15 earmarked for Jetstar's international operations. The first -9 will arrive in 2011. "In line with the company's two-brand philosophy, subsequent deliveries will be allocated between Qantas and Jetstar on the basis of the best returns for the Group," Dixon said.

Meanwhile, ALAFCO said its order for 10 is worth $1.62 billion at list prices and builds on its order for 12 announced in the spring. Those aircraft have been placed with Kuwait Airways. "We have decided to move quickly on acquiring additional 787s as we see continued strong market demand," Chairman and CEO Ahmad Alzabin said.

Arkia Air To Buy 2 More Boeing 787

July 10, 2007

Arkia Israeli Airlines said on Tuesday it would exercise its option to buy an additional two Boeing 787 aircraft.

Arkia paid between USD$140 million and USD$150 million for each of the jets, which are to be delivered in 2013, the company said.

Arkia in December ordered two similar jets that are to be delivered in 2012.

Rival El Al Israel Airlines recently bought two 777 jets for more than 1 billion shekels (USD$236 million), which will be delivered in late July and late August.

El Al in late 2006 cancelled an option to buy 14 787s, but this week said it has reopened negotiations to buy Dreamliner jets.

(Reuters)

Everybody and every airline company has become hit by this 787 frenzy once it rolled out... and that's not even 1st flight yet... just wait till it flies... with those sexy flexy wings and the engines (20% savings plus funky looking - loves the engine cowling hehehee)... sure orders will keep pouring in... really a big breakthough since 747, i dare say... hope MH will follow suit as well...

Thanks to all for your feedback and opinions. This was probably THE most memorable aviation event I have ever attended - not just because it was the first time a completely new airliner was premiered but also because the people from Boeing went out of their way to ensure that everyone invited had a fabulous time. We went away armed with all manners of information and momentos. Their communications team worked from morning till night - ensuring that all of us were reminded of the many supporting events ahead of the roll-out (or roll-in) of the Dreamliner.

So here's another installment of pics showing all or part of the Dreamliner.

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-03Cr-.jpg

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-38Cr-.jpg

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-44Cr-.jpg

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-39Vr-.jpg

And I just could not get over those beautiful raked wingtips. They remind me of the curved knives (known to old folks like me as "sickles") that we used to cut lallang and other tall grasses.

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-47Vr-.jpg

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-17Vr-.jpg

And you don't always have to look up to see those wingtips!

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-26Vr-.jpg

More images will be processed in due course . . . in the meantime, enjoy these.

KC Sim

superb shots

KC, thanks for making these extra special shots available to view here at MWings.com! Fantastic coverage!

Must meet you when you get back to SIN, I still have something to pass to you.. :sorry: so delayed..

M-wings is covering everything!!

Thanks a lot for your efforts KC! You don't know how much it means to us.. Fantastic plane, looks like its CG images use to promote during the early stages.. !! Futuristic indeed!!

Wow..what else can i say? Simply a marvellous and excellent plane..look at the curves on the wing and the engines...it's a like a dream come true...long live B787 :clapping:

Holding it all up are these simple and clean looking main undercarriages.

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-32Cr-.jpg

Up front, the nose is probably one of the Dreamliner's best looking features.

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-30Cr-.jpg

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-43Cr-.jpg

And in this shot of the forward fuselage, you could see CNN's crew and newscaster Richard Quest energetically introducing the Dreamliner to the world. CNN was given a headstart in beaming images of the Dreamliner live to the world while most of the other stations waited for the moment the factory doors slid open.

MW-N787BA-Premiere-2007-07-08-27Cr-.jpg

Powering this beauty is yet another beauty - its engines. This particular aircraft along with three more of the first six test aircraft are powered by the Rolls Royce Trent 1000 engine. The other two will have GEnx engines.

MW-Trent1000-2007-07-08-04Cr-B787Pr.jpg

KC Sim