MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samsyuri

Spotting from the 'inside'

Hello MalaysianWings community,

It's been a while since my first post / trip report on the B777 test flight. This time, it won't be just a trip report but a mix of everything that I see thoughout my day in aviation industry. Be it a trip report, spotting photos, ramp and airplane close up shots, previous experience or etc... all will be add here provided it won't do any harm to any parties.. especially to myself :D ..

Hopefully, everybody will enjoy the photos from another world of aviation.. :drinks:

For a start, I present to you a newly refurbished B777, 9M-MRH with a "Visit Malaysia Year 2007" logo. The first in the fleet.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Samsyuri,

nice tripple with the VMY2007 logo :good:

hope to see more from time to time, thanks for sharing.

nice shot.... like it very much.... :) my fovourite aircraft.... :) also favourite c/s... :)

a small request, got any MH F50?? <_>

Man, this topic gonna be big :yahoo: Good to have thread from SZB for refernce and pleasure seeing around with surprises at Subang!!!! :drinks:

Nice shot of Minolata Romeo Henry, any pixs of the new cabin??

Edited by Seth K

[IPB Image

Samsyuri,

Thanks for starting this topic :good: Hope to see more photos & information from 'inside out' ;)

Excellent picture of Mike Romeo Hotel; just look at the reflection of the shadow at the fuselage :drinks:

Excellent Inside shots Samsyuri.. :good: :good:

Looking fwd for the Next Round..

Thanks guys for a warm welcome for my new thread.. To those who request for pics, be patient.. your hunger will be fullfill.. insyaAllah.. :D

A bit info on previous photo. It was shot at about 2PM after returning from a test flight. It was piloted by Capt. Mohd Seth and Capt. Azmi Mohd on MH5200. Everything went smoothly and all the test performed as expected. She'll be back to KLIA this afternoon at about 1800LT. To those who wished to photograph her at SZB, GOOD LUCK.. Hope she will lift the curse of SZB.. :rofl: :yahoo:

While waiting for me to resize MRH shots, here some pics taken on 18/7/2006 (Tuesday)

A permanent resident of SZB. 9M-MPA and 9M-MPK.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

mymy... Papa Alpha looks so dirty, and forlorn... hopefully we can see her cleaned up and flying once again...

but isnt Romeo Hotel Pretty? so clean aswell.. i have to admit im dissapointed with the VMY2007 banner though.. its so, understated? oh well.... saves money on painting/vinyls i suppose

That VMY logo, is it a sticker or painted on?

I think they should have a pictorial logo as well, like the turtle of the PATA logo used during in the eighties.

sad to see both the jumbo became PR in SZB.

Question, do you all do anything on the a/c before storing it for a long period?

Question, do you all do anything on the a/c before storing it for a long period?

I think they sealed it with some sort of plastics with several layers to prevent heat get inside, remove the engines, panels, unfuel etc. But is this 2 744 going to store? Not use anymore?

Edited by Seth K

I think they sealed it with some sort of plastics with several layers to prevent heat get inside, remove the engines, panels, unfuel etc. But is this 2 744 going to store? Not use anymore?

I think they will be used in the future, as only the pitot tubes are covered and the cockpitwindow shades are down; surprisingly, the engines are not sealed, hence my assumption of re-intoduction at some sort of future date...

They start to look dirty and miserable, though....feel sorry for them as 'Ipoh' has been my one and only 744 flight on MH (BKI-KUL) back in 1999, and now in such a 'sick' state <_ ...>

Why do they need to be stored? Why do we need to store planes up when we can deploy them into the flying fleet whenever situation calls in? Has there anything to so with maintainance expenses?

Arggghh. this is disturbing to see two 744 residing in SZB permanent... 9M-MPA took me from AKL-KUL last year and 9M-MPK also did the same!!! :( :(

I have flown on MPA twice, both on the HKG-KUL leg. It is a disgrace to see it sitting on tarmac with MPK, which I have not flown before. Hope they will fly again soon.

IPB Image

Is that fencing/wall behind the 747 (circled in yellow) a jet blast protection wall? Whats behind the wall?

could do some charters with the 744s if they're operational - another way of generating revenue for the airline and to put the bird into the sky instead of sitting on ground doing nothing.

Thanks guys for a warm welcome for my new thread.. To those who request for pics, be patient.. your hunger will be fullfill.. insyaAllah.. :D

A bit info on previous photo. It was shot at about 2PM after returning from a test flight. It was piloted by Capt. Mohd Seth and Capt. Azmi Mohd on MH5200. Everything went smoothly and all the test performed as expected. She'll be back to KLIA this afternoon at about 1800LT. To those who wished to photograph her at SZB, GOOD LUCK.. Hope she will lift the curse of SZB.. :rofl: :yahoo:

While waiting for me to resize MRH shots, here some pics taken on 18/7/2006 (Tuesday)

A permanent resident of SZB. 9M-MPA and 9M-MPK.

IPB Image

Thanks for the inside coverage where I seldom have a chance to see.

BTW, I saw 9M-MPK in KUL yesterday. Wonder where was she flying to ? :rolleyes:

IPB Image