MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samsyuri

Spotting from the 'inside'

should be a Snow Plane Wash, gav... :D

do Johor Bahru wear the VMY2007 tag?

should be a Snow Plane Wash, gav... :D

do Johor Bahru wear the VMY2007 tag?

Not yet as of yesterday. :)

MPA was also the one which took me KUL-ARN-EWR last June...when i was at SZB last month for my psychomotor test, i managed to visit her....an insider took me into the aircraft, to the cockpit...and i saw the First Class seat which i used on my flight....it was a really sentimental moment..from what i heard, the plane is gonna be sold.

So, they are waiting for their new owners/operators to sign them off?

Two old ones gone. New ones coming in? Replaced by A380? I don't like that... Impending eclipse... Hopefully not on all 744 operators.

If the birds are to be inactive for extended periods of time, hope they do not leave them exposed to the mercies of our tropical climate here - could be down 'road of no return' !

That VMY logo, is it a sticker or painted on?

I think they should have a pictorial logo as well, like the turtle of the PATA logo used during in the eighties.

It is a sticker. In the photo below you can clearly see the sticker was held by a tape before the backing peel off. To make sure the wording align.

IPB Image

sad to see both the jumbo became PR in SZB.

Question, do you all do anything on the a/c before storing it for a long period?

Yes Kevin, they have to do a lots of things. Especially on LTP.. Some of it explained by

Pieter

I think they sealed it with some sort of plastics with several layers to prevent heat get inside, remove the engines, panels, unfuel etc. But is this 2 744 going to store? Not use anymore?

Seth.. engines and panels won't be removed unless require by another aircraft..

I think they will be used in the future, as only the pitot tubes are covered and the cockpitwindow shades are down; surprisingly, the engines are not sealed, hence my assumption of re-intoduction at some sort of future date...

They start to look dirty and miserable, though....feel sorry for them as 'Ipoh' has been my one and only 744 flight on MH (BKI-KUL) back in 1999, and now in such a 'sick' state <_< ...

Thanks Pieter.. they suppose to cover every openings on the aircraft to minimise moisture..

Errr really nice coverage Encik Sam. Really miss my old playground tho. :mellow:

Thank you Mr. Mahathir a.k.a. Madeq.. :D

p/s Bila mau balik??

Is that fencing/wall behind the 747 (circled in yellow) a jet blast protection wall? Whats behind the wall?

An engine ground run bay is behind the wall. EGR will done inside to suppress the noise and break the jet blast..

Thanks for the inside coverage where I seldom have a chance to see.

BTW, I saw 9M-MPK in KUL yesterday. Wonder where was she flying to ? :rolleyes:

IPB Image

Didn't realize MPK was gone until I read your post.. Thanks Chaity..

Sam, can I have the close looks on the MCP of 777...

MCP.. is this the one you're looking for??..

IPB Image

To continue with the 'inside' story..

Remember Saudi Arabian 743 with regn HZ-AIN?. :huh: yes .. the airplane is no more in SZB. She flew back to Saudi sometime last week. So unlucky :sorry: , I didn't manage to get her took off as I was working at night for a week. Anyway I did catch her on the 3rd test flight on 21/7/2006.

Some shots taken a few days before the test flight - 18/7/2006

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

:drinks:

Continue..

21/7/2006 - 3rd Test Flight for Saudi Arabian HZ-AIN

While waiting for engine start up.. 9M-MPK accompanied by a Boeing representative.

IPB Image

After start up, slowly taxying to taxyway uniform.

IPB Image

Nose shot - a compulsory shot nowadays.

IPB Image

Approaching Sierra Gate and straight towards runway 15.

IPB Image

B)

IPB Image

Nice shots of AIN, Samsyuri, just have a look at that shiny leading edge and engine nacelles :clapping:

Did MH do the re-paint also ?

Why was AIS cancelled ? SV not satisfied with the work ?

Nice shots of AIN, Samsyuri, just have a look at that shiny leading edge and engine nacelles :clapping:

Did MH do the re-paint also ?

Why was AIS cancelled ? SV not satisfied with the work ?

A lot of manhours burn on polishing those l/edges and nacelles. Not only that, they insist on polishing the cargo metal floor panels too :( .. pity those cleaning staff..

Yes.. we did the repainting too..

I was informed that AIS was cancelled because SV already send her to other MRO just before AIN return.

While waiting for engine start up.. 9M-MPK accompanied by a Boeing representative.

IPB Image

First of all, love the SV and MH Tujuh empat tujuh shots. I really like the shiny Saudis and the dirty Malaysian!!! :yahoo:

Why that Boeing guy so still, taking pixs? Or waiting to be suck into the engine while starting up? :rolleyes:

Keep more coming :yahoo:

Those are really dirty looking machines...why are they being idle?

Actually how many planes are just lying on the tarmac doing nothing? This is very sad to hear

Actually how many planes are just lying on the tarmac doing nothing? This is very sad to hear

MPK is operational again: see Chaity's picture taken last week at 14L...

First of all, love the SV and MH Tujuh empat tujuh shots. I really like the shiny Saudis and the dirty Malaysian!!! :yahoo:

Why that Boeing guy so still, taking pixs? Or waiting to be suck into the engine while starting up? :rolleyes:

Keep more coming :yahoo:

Nope.. he is not taking any pics.. Just doing his routine, visiting plane to plane (boeing only) maybe for his report. And "Johor Baharu" is not starting its engine. Just lying there watching Saudi's start up.

Idle? No more idling.. time to work for MPK.. Kind of dirty but it shine again after that..

Thanks Pieter.. :drinks:

But for MPA and F50s, you guys can have a longer break.. :D

Edited by Samsyuri

Continue from the last photo..

After Saudi's 743 turn into Sierra, I turn my camera off and head back to the hangar. Then I realized that I still have a few more shots left. So I decided to go to the end of runway 15. It was my lucky day :D . AIN still holding and she is waiting for me. :p Actually, waiting for one light aircraft to land.

This was my first shot at runway 15.

IPB Image

Face to Face

IPB Image

Can you see the beacon light??

IPB Image

The engines spool up and the plane starts rolling..

IPB Image

Can't get the rotation shot. It's too far for my camera..

And it is the end of my Saudi Arabian series.. :drinks:

Nice,.... :D

I manage to catch this bird inside frame, but it keep running "away".. :lol:

You must dedicated those AIN shots to all staffs and trainees that had their bad time with it... :)

Samsyuri,

Nice shots of the Saudi Beast..

Ques: does MH pilots or Saudi Pilots take the Plane for a Tst Flight???

Samsyuri thanks for sharing.

Is 9M-MPA still parked at Subang? 9M-MPK is now in service again with MAS isn't she?

Any sign of selling of 9M-MPA or MPK or are they being converted to B747-400BCF?

Even a start up needs to be accompanied or be seen by a Boeing rep?

Edited by S V Choong