MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Azman MN

It's spring in ZRH!

Mr. Azman, don't you just wish to live in one of those houses facing the airport, when to go spot, just take a chair and snap :) :drinks:

Either way, great photos, it sad to see MH classsic went away, but at least the New 744 came :good:

Cirrus Air looks great, never know there is Cirrus Air exist, new info, thanx to all ur hard work :good:

Hey Azman, Lovely Shots Man..

Enjoyed the Focus Air Touch Down Shot..Smoky... :D

swiss looking busy

IPB Image

i love this, swiss livery is one of my favourite, simple and easy! The lightning for this picture is just perfect to me :good: :good:

i love this, swiss livery is one of my favourite, simple and easy! The lightning for this picture is just perfect to me :good: :good:

I agree, I totally love the branding of the Swiss. Their website is top-notch, design wise!

Just an update on Zurich spotting...

Sadly :( , Good buddy Azman is not in swissairlandz...he's on a tour of duty to the UK.

I had the Parking Lot Building Number 3 at level 10 to myself... :)

IPB Image

L-TenEleven (L-1011) :D

Golden Morning sunlight @ Zurich for her arrival at 06:11

IPB Image

IPB Image

A type of aircraft that we dont normally see in Malaysia...

ERJ-170.. :)

IPB Image

I had dinner with Jonathan last night...he mentioned Uzbekistan Airline..

Not a regular visitor to ZRH, maybe for maintenance :)

This is for you Emperor

IPB Image

TK, the golden morning light is just superb to be captured with the L-TenEleven.... or shall i rephrase to the L-TenEleven is perfect to be captured with the golden morning light?

whatever.... bravo shots bro!

Capturing the photo is Nice...

Where and How...its another matter. :D

Spotting is interesting...

Sometimes we need ladder, just to be above the fence...

Try this in Zurich Parking Building!!!! :blink:

Such a space required in "between" the metal strips...not an easy TASK!!!

IPB Image

Over view from Parking Building number 3 at Level 10

The small tower is where terrace B

IPB Image

From the terrace where the small tower visible is, we be able to get shots like this...

IPB Image

Brought her safely to ZRH in the morning,then my mates, flew her back to KUL.

My ride Home arriving as MH 10 on Wed Morning...will bring her back to KUL as MH 9

IPB Image

Beautiful pictures, beautiful weather, beautiful airport...what else can I say, TK ???

Thanks for sharing :good:

Wonder what these guys are spraying onto the roof of the B-terrace restaurant ?

IPB Image

Brought her safely to ZRH in the morning,then my mates, flew her back to KUL.

Ehh.. cilaka... what time did you wake up? Didn't shoot an Avro100 leaving for Manchester at around noon then? Did you see a couple of guys on the terrace with Nikon D2x?

Was in UK. Golf on Sunday. Meeting on Monday. Golf on Tuesday. All for work. No chance for spotting even though weather was nice and hot in Manchester.

Seth, I am using same lens like Chaity and Denny - 70-300 IS USM.

On the B deck, I can only guess that they are spraying some weedkiller (aka. roundup). Looks like some weed are growing on the roof and they can get nasty and crack the concrete...

Btw, they put up some bleechers on deck B with a few hundred seats and created the Zurich Airport Open-AIr cinema for the summer. All movies begin at 10pm when the last departures are gone. Movie titles include Grounding (about Swissair's demise), Airplane, etc. Unfortunately, on some evenings, only 5 seats were taken... well it was the same evening of Switzerland vs. South Korea.... So I do not think that they will do this open air cinema again....

Awesome shots by awesome photogs in awesome airport.

Just noticed that almost all buildings have flat roof...

Very convenience to convert them to viewing gallery...(& cinema :rofl: )

Unlike our airports with pitch/rounded roof...

If & only if MAB engage me to design airport...

Flat roof with low handrailing will be the main criteria... :yahoo: :rofl:

Great stuff TK & Azman (envy your "work" :rofl: )

Awesome shots by awesome photogs in awesome airport.

Just noticed that almost all buildings have flat roof...

Very convenience to convert them to viewing gallery...(& cinema :rofl: )

Unlike our airports with pitch/rounded roof...

Great stuff TK & Azman (envy your "work" :rofl: )

then design a viewing deck or hill all along the runway :blink: ....and i wonder they still remain oscar hotel closed... even years after chapter eleven :nea:

L-TenEleven (L-1011) :D

Golden Morning sunlight @ Zurich for her arrival at 06:11

IPB Image

IPB Image

TK,

Nice shots of this Old Classic Bird..

Still going well..

Our architects may disagree, Norman. Remember our country receives tonnes of rainfall every month.

Edited by Maarof Kassim

Our architects may disagree, Norman. Remember our country receives tonnes of rainfall every month.

Thats correct and spot on, Maarof.

The roofs may look flat, in actual fact, they are sloping at a few degrees. In NZ, the min. requirement is 3 degrees slope. It is hard to get the water out of a 0 degree flat roof.

For low handrails it may not be practical, plus you will not be able to pass the building code..... if the level of difference is more than 600mm high.

It is incorrect to think that our architects aren't capable of coming up with fancy design. There are just too many restriction in the building code and especially in a conservative country like ours. The client may not appreciate cutting edge design. We also need to consider the weather as well. I have to say that brick and cement houses are not really suitable for our weather as well.

Edited by S V Choong

Hi Sneeze - yes, all those people there are spotters. I saw them just before they boarded the bus. The organizer, this guy called Ralf something (he works for the airport security) was giving

Being transported to the tarmac via a bus for spotting is a freaking cool activity. How nice they have it in M'sia. Perhaps MW could with Malaysia Airports Bhd. to organize an annual tarmac/hangar spotting day for aviation enthusiasts. :p just a suggestion.

I have been seeing some really weird things lately. I have just parked my car and before I could walk over to the "photographer's hole" I heard this very loud noise... what?? an SP? :blink:

IPB Image

Then I walked over to the photographer's hole... and heard another strong sound ...:yahoo:

IPB Image

and the weirdest of all... can someone identify this? :nea:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hey Azman, Nice shot of that SP..What Airlines is that??

and the weirdest of all... can someone identify this? :nea:

IPB Image

Ahahah, What's up with that Old Man..Trying to skate on Grass.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Everytime when I look at those ZRH photos, I can't help but thinking how nice it would be if KLIA has such an open air observatory deck instead of the current deck one, so that we could hear the jet noise first hand and be as close to the action as possible.