MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Azman MN

It's spring in ZRH!

Awesome catch of the Sierra Petrol Azman..............reallt like the shorty.

I hope Boeing can have the new generation for this baby, but that ain't going to happen! :(

That guy is weird!!!!!! Keep more coming :good:

Yeah it's hot here, look at the heat haze in the SP shot...

Some 767 rotation shots - Gavin what do you think?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

No more snow, but long grass is long....

Don't always like the 340 rotation, but this one at 8.30pm is nice!

IPB Image

Azman :pardon: What can I say... :pardon:

Simply Marvelous.... :clapping: :good:

The SP is a very nice suprise... :clapping:

Hope to see more.. :clapping:

Our architects may disagree, Norman. Remember our country receives tonnes of rainfall every month.

Yes... but ZRH has tonnes of snow :rolleyes: :huh:

Thats correct and spot on, Maarof.

The roofs may look flat, in actual fact, they are sloping at a few degrees. In NZ, the min. requirement is 3 degrees slope. It is hard to get the water out of a 0 degree flat roof.

For low handrails it may not be practical, plus you will not be able to pass the building code..... if the level of difference is more than 600mm high.

It is incorrect to think that our architects aren't capable of coming up with fancy design. There are just too many restriction in the building code and especially in a conservative country like ours. The client may not appreciate cutting edge design. We also need to consider the weather as well. I have to say that brick and cement houses are not really suitable for our weather as well.

If you study our UBBL (stands for Uniform Building By-Laws)...

You'll be surprise at the amount of Non-Uniformities of them :rofl:

(Azman ... sorry... OT a bit, but rather related to spotting deck design :pardon: )

didn't go to heligrill...wah, the long rumput (grass) <_>

SP...cilaka!!..was at the Parking Haus..Just sitting there basking the sun.

But i got this Atlant Soyuz

IPB Image

Wanna go to ZRH again la...sun is good...ahmoi also Good :)

I cannot wait for the 9V-SW* series B777-300ER to come so I can go ZRH to click click. Great stuff TK and Azman.

Hey Azman, Nice shot of that SP..What Airlines is that??

Not operated by an airline, Raj, but by Worldwide Aircraft Holding of Saudia Arabia; used to be a Qatari Government plane, if I'm not mistaken...

Azman, wrong shot, she must be blocking ur Russian Plane! :D

Is she spotters too?

She was taking some pics with her digicam... not a real spotter. Probably sent someone off.

But I notice that under her t-shirt is a bikini top. Ha... not unusual in Zurich when it is warm... she was probably planning to jump into the lake to cool off afterwards... (check out the Summer thread on the other forum)... Anyways, Seth for you and Azzudin:

IPB Image

More for Gavin:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

All taken while TK was having his beauty sleep... I was on the way to Manchester...

WOW! Sensational stuff guys!

Azman, that Springbok A342 is just amazing! Top stuff mate! Usually that bird would then continue onto PER!

Boy, ZRH is to die for. Was discussing with my brother and old man this evening about a trip in Feb (when its snowing and bloody cold!) for a change of scenery and perhaps my first time skiing! All depends on MAS bring out cheap contractor fares. Having just finished watching LX A343 from the flightdeck (LX182 ZRH-BKK-SIN//LX183 SIN-BKK-ZRH) really makes me want to go!

But I notice that under her t-shirt is a bikini top. Ha... not unusual in Zurich when it is warm... she was probably planning to jump into the lake to cool off afterwards... (check out the Summer thread on the other forum)... Anyways, Seth for you and Azzudin:

IPB Image

Hhuhuhuhuh, am I dreaming, it's Continental :yahoo: I miss this livery for a month now!!!!!Thanx for the shots Azman, they all beautiful! And surprisingly all 767 from North American! :)

Hey Azman, Nice shot of that SP..What Airlines is that??

Raj, Pieter et al,

Originally delivered on 20th April 1979 as N539PA to Pan Am ("Clipper Liberty Bell"), this 747SP-21 c/n21648 l/n367 [LMEG] has served as N148UA with United before being converted into a VVIP Transport, as VR-BAT for the Qatar Amiri Flight. She is currently reg'd VP-BAT to Worldwide Aircraft Holdings who have here based at Bournemouth, UK. I believe she still may work for the Qatari Gov't. Absolutely immaculate bird!

more rotation shots:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and compare the shallow angle of attack of this 340 with the rest....

IPB Image

All Swiss, including the Hapag Lloyd A300, which is being leased while waiting for more heavies to join hte fleet.

Hi Azman, I like the first photo with the heat coming out from the engines.

All the planes look so clean in all white scheme. :o

Azman,

Nice photo you have here, and beautiful clear cloudless weather. On the Swiss A332 rotation pic, there was even a smaller aircraft turning away, presumably climbing out from another runway?

Sim,

the purple plane is a helvetic F28, taking off from runway 28. Usually, when an aircraft on 28 is looking like it is about to rotate, the tower will clear the aircraft on runway 16 for takeoff.

Sorry Azman...while i had my beauty nap, you had to spot alone... :(

I should have join you, but too tired!!

Ok..lets have a look at some Douglas...the MD-90. Pretty rare plane in Europe actually!! :)

We can have 2 MD-90s in ZRH :D

Early arrival for runway 34

IPB Image

Open bay area is where they Park... :( cheaper spot i think!!

IPB Image

Dont you love to get on board a plane like this...a walk on the apron and really see the plane that you are Boarding...No aerobridge!!! :D

IPB Image

Huge Engines at the Tail end...Its an MD...Not a Boeing :angry:

IPB Image

Sim,

the purple plane is a helvetic F28, taking off from runway 28. Usually, when an aircraft on 28 is looking like it is about to rotate, the tower will clear the aircraft on runway 16 for takeoff.

Azman,

Thanks for your explanation. Most of the airports I visited only have parallel runway with 1 takeoff and 1 landing. Except for my time in the States, I seldom see takeoff actions at different heading runways.

Dont you love to get on board a plane like this...a walk on the apron and really see the plane that you are Boarding...No aerobridge!!! :D

IPB Image

Never knew MD can do rear entry as well. I have only flew MD with Delta, and in the States all the boarding is via aerobridge.

Sim,

the purple plane is a helvetic F28, taking off from runway 28.

:o :huh: :blink:

Formally, you're correct, for it's a Fokker F28 Mk. 100, better know as a Fokker 100 for most of us ;)

Pieter, thanks for the clarification.

Some more scenes at ZRH:

this Dubrovnik airline painted their city....

IPB Image

You can get very close to the planes...

IPB Image

a bit of traffic

IPB Image

Was with YK yesterday, first we went to catch some early arrivals at runway 14:

IPB Image

IPB Image

something for Pieter

IPB Image

From a certain Mr. Lauda...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Azman MN

this Dubrovnik airline painted their city....

IPB Image

That's what MH should done to their 07' Visit Malaysia fleet! Now, I want to discover Dubrovnik :drinks:

The close up on SIA is amazing, what can I say.............the 747 rock!!! :)