MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

A quote from pprune.org

"Perhaps they are in over their heads, in terms of the amount of experience they have in handling such an event. I find the vitriol directed at the folks dealing with public information release to be misdirected.

They are confronting a novel situation with the Information Age Jackals hounding them at every step. I think those gents are learning "on the job" what it takes to handle public information releases. The number of ways one can screw that up is legion! (Plenty of American politicians fall into that trap, "You're doing a helluva job, Brownie!" coming to mind in re Katrina).

If you look back a few dozen pages, a trained American PR official from US Seventh Fleet spouted a load of tripe about floating DFDRs and CVRs. It's not just that the Commander ought to know better. FFS, he's from an "open society" and was formally trained in how to do this ... and he still stuck his size nine and a half dress white shoe into his own mouth.

The gents from Malaysia are from a different culture, and IMO are doing the best that they can. It doesn't help that the amount of info they have isn't:

(a) helping the SAR effort produce a result

(B) making the Information Age Jackals happy

I sincerely believe that they want to find that airplane so badly that they can taste it. These guys are human beings, imperfect like all of us, with hearts."

I believe was written without ill intent....

Chinese satellite found floating objects at about 105.63E, 6.7 on 9th March

U499P4T8D5943596F107DT20140312174006.png

U499P4T8D5943596F116DT20140312174006.png

U499P4T8D5943596F118DT20140312174006.png

中新网3月12日电 据国家国防科技工业局网站消息,中国卫星高分一号卫星3月9日上午11点左右获取的图像中,在马航失联客机疑似失事海域观测到3处疑似漂浮物体。

近日,在获悉马航客机失去联系的消息后,国防科工局立即组织中国资源卫星应用中心,利用高分一号卫星对疑似失事海域进行观测。在高分一号卫星3月9日上午11点左右获取的图像中,位于(105.63oE,6.7oN)为中心方圆20公里的区域,观测到3处疑似漂浮物体,尺寸分别约13米×18米、14米×19米、24米×22米(见图1-3)。

国防科工局将根据事态发展,组织中国资源卫星应用中心综合利用卫星资源,优化成像区域,分析数据,持续为搜救马航失联客机服务

http://www.chinanews.com/gn/2014/03-12/5943596.shtml

where is this? South china sea or andaman sea?

A quote from pprune.org

"Perhaps they are in over their heads, in terms of the amount of experience they have in handling such an event. I find the vitriol directed at the folks dealing with public information release to be misdirected.

They are confronting a novel situation with the Information Age Jackals hounding them at every step. I think those gents are learning "on the job" what it takes to handle public information releases. The number of ways one can screw that up is legion! (Plenty of American politicians fall into that trap, "You're doing a helluva job, Brownie!" coming to mind in re Katrina).

If you look back a few dozen pages, a trained American PR official from US Seventh Fleet spouted a load of tripe about floating DFDRs and CVRs. It's not just that the Commander ought to know better. FFS, he's from an "open society" and was formally trained in how to do this ... and he still stuck his size nine and a half dress white shoe into his own mouth.

The gents from Malaysia are from a different culture, and IMO are doing the best that they can. It doesn't help that the amount of info they have isn't:

(a) helping the SAR effort produce a result

( B) making the Information Age Jackals happy

I sincerely believe that they want to find that airplane so badly that they can taste it. These guys are human beings, imperfect like all of us, with hearts."

I believe was written without ill intent....

Despite the increasingly exasperating migraine inducing blunders the past 48hours, deep inside I believe in them too. It is only their PR skill is out of touch with the public and media - used to giving orders to local media, not being probed by fearless international hounds. I do believe that they are clueless but sincere and desperately seeking 9M-MRO

Those military head honchos looked very uncomfortable with all those grilling ... with (foreign) media calling their bluff. Those military guys are more used to giving out orders without being questioned...

Love to see them sweating it out and struggling to string together a decent sentence.

I begin to think the plane probably headed towards Indian Ocean, perhaps flying in the open water right until the last drop of oil, before finally descending towards the ocean. Perhaps, search and rescue teams should extend their search area until within reach of Mauritius, as distance between KUL and MRU is only slightly longer than KUL to PEK. Anyway, just my thought on this.

See this gorgeous graphic from WP.

wMalaysiaMystery_graphic3.jpg

Just sloppy rushed printing job. Nothing to bother.

I work in newsroom...we received an OFF RECORD info around 3pm...but from the PC, it turns out this info wasn't the main reason it being delayed...

All media are excited right now, knowing the late night briefing take place...and maybe our 3pm leads are true...

I work in newsroom...we received an OFF RECORD info around 3pm...but from the PC, it turns out this info wasn't the main reason it being delayed...

All media are excited right now, knowing the late night briefing take place...and maybe our 3pm leads are true...

Come on, tell us! We won't tell anybody else. :p

Come on, tell us! We won't tell anybody else. :p

MRO been found between Langkawi and Andaman...the rumours among media who join the West Coast SAR

I do received standby to 'return to base' notice from my boss...prepare for live update or PC tonite...

Edited by Tafe AX

MRO been found between Langkawi and Andaman...the rumours among media who join the West Coast SAR

I do received standby to 'return to base' notice from my boss...prepare for live update or PC tonite...

I wonder if the corpse with a life jacket on which they said they have found around Penang has anything to do with it!

Hope they found it soon for better or worse.

Edited by S V Choong

UPDATE: Large number of police and DCA personnel were seen entering the hotel...press are waiting anxiously

Thanks, Tafe AX.

DCA left Everly Hotel without giving any statement on the late night briefing...all press 'tepuk dahi'!

DCA left Everly Hotel without giving any statement on the late night briefing...all press 'tepuk dahi'!

WHAT? But still, thank you :drinks:

bro's, the common sense in me was wondering could these 'repaired' wings the most probable single point of failure on 9M-MRO?,

more so if it happens right during 9M-MRO changing it's course from 025 to 040, could the IGARI maneuver become the breaking point for the wing?

what are the possibilities for the debris from the wing hitting the vertical stabilizers during IGARI maneuver? and what would be the aftermath of this event?

The email from Michael Jerome McKay from Songa Mercu oil-rig seems to hold ground..

9m-mro-wing-collision.jpg

SongaMercur.jpg

Edited by shahjees

2m6qqup.jpg

As I had said, don't think MAS would really want to risk "burning more bridges"..............

Edited by JuliusWong

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-crash-site-found-by-chinese-satellite/story-fni0fiyv-1226853227750

Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 'crash site found' by Chinese satellite

• by: DANIEL PIOTROWSKI, DEBRA KILLALEA, KATE SCHNEIDER
  • March 13, 2014 7:49AM

Chinese satellite reveals possible crash site 3:21

A Chinese satellite looking for the missing Malaysia Air plane has 'observed a suspected crash area at sea'. Courtesy CNN/Sky News

A CHINESE satellite looking into the missing flight MH370 has "observed a suspected crash area at sea", in what experts say is the first solid lead in the search for the missing plane.

Three satellite images, published by China's State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry, appear to show wreckage fragments in the sea on Sunday - one day after the jet carrying 239 disappeared.

This image, first released by CCTV America, shows an object in the ocean spotted by Chinese satellites on Sunday. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

The satellite spotted three blips, the largest of which is 24m by 22m in size.

The coordinates released by the Chinese agency would place the object in in the South China Sea between Malaysia and Vietnam, according to the BBC.

Another satellite image, first released to CCTV America. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

A former US aviation safety official has said the images represent the first solid lead consistent with the Malaysia Airlines plane's flight path.

Peter Goelz, former managing director of the US federal National Transportation Safety Board, told CNN: "These (images) are the first solid piece of evidence we have that are on the correct flight path."

A third satellite image released by China’s State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

The US Navy reportedly has a destroyer already in the area and has deployed another vessel to investigate.

It has not been confirmed whether the blips are the wreckage of the missing flight.

The Chinese agency provided no explanation why the images were only released Wednesday. The US has cautioned it may not be the wreckage as ships have been known to dump junk at sea in the past.

Final words from the cockpit

Missing plane's missing hour mystery

The Boeing 777-200 took off from Kuala Lumpur bound for Beijing at 12:41am local time on Saturday. The plane vanished off the radar around 50 minutes later at 1:30am.

No distress signal was sent.

An international air and sea search involving 12 countries has entered its sixth straight day.

More to come.

Quite grainy photos. Partly hoping it is, and partly hoping its not.

News report emerges too that a NZ oil rig worker witnessed a burning plane in the early morning skies with no lateral movement before it disappear.

It correspond with the area where the Chinese satelite spotted the large object.

Edited by Cire

Let today be the day. Day 6.

just out of curiosity, am I the only one who feels that some of the questions at the PC were fishy?fishy in the sense that they were possibly trying to get the army generals to disclose classified infos such as radar locations and capabilities.

Even if they were not, i believe this will be an opportunity for other countries to 'fish' for info from us. Especially with us sharing data and information with other parties.

But then again, i have full confidence that they know what they are doing especially when it comes to the security of our beloved country.

Edited by iwan