MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Even US (? not mentioned in the article) picked very faint signals.

From Yahoo update

Satellite phone system pinging the satellites?

Day 7:

Today we woke up to these news:

> MH370 data link transponder shut separately, could be deliberate, Pentagon believes

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/mh370-data-link-transponder-shut-separately-could-be-deliberate-pentagon-be

> US has ‘indication’ lost MH370 crashed in Indian Ocean, moving ship for search

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/us-has-indication-lost-mh370-crashed-in-indian-ocean-moving-ship-for-search

> Satellites picked up ‘pings’ from missing plane, say sources

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/satellites-picked-up-pings-from-malaysian-jet-say-sources

Let's hope we have some positive news by end of today.

Actually I am finding it hard to think that the pilot was one minute "alright" and then pass out the next. By right after they hand off Lumpur, they should contact Ho Chi Minh immediately. Any indication of how much time it was between the pilot's last word, and then missing?

Was their last word "Alright"?

That is non-standard. Capt Zaharie is an Authorized Examiner, don't think he will answer "Alright". Not with the type of flying he was doing anyway.

Edited by Radzi

Was their last word "Alright"?

That is non-standard. Capt Zaharie is an Authorized Examiner, don't think he will answer "Alright". Not with the type of flying he was doing anyway.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/12/Missing-plane-last-words/

Day 7:

Today we woke up to these news:

> MH370 data link transponder shut separately, could be deliberate, Pentagon believes

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/mh370-data-link-transponder-shut-separately-could-be-deliberate-pentagon-be

> US has indication lost MH370 crashed in Indian Ocean, moving ship for search

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/us-has-indication-lost-mh370-crashed-in-indian-ocean-moving-ship-for-search

> Satellites picked up pings from missing plane, say sources

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/satellites-picked-up-pings-from-malaysian-jet-say-sources

Let's hope we have some positive news by end of today.

The way I see where this is heading is that either China will take leadership of it or the United States will do that eventually. The US seemed more resourceful than anyone else out there.

One thing we learnt for sure from this incident is that the sea is full of oil slick and littered with rubbish. I hope the governments will take charge of cleaning the sea.

The way I see where this is heading is that either China will take leadership of it or the United States will do that eventually. The US seemed more resourceful than anyone else out there.

One thing we learnt for sure from this incident is that the sea is full of oil slick and littered with rubbish. I hope the governments will take charge of cleaning the sea.

Agree with you. China has the manpower, US has the experiences and technology to assist in the SAR. When your country have top three most advanced defense companies in your own backyard, the magnitude of high tech machines and gadgets you can bring into the SAR are second to none.

I don't think anyone dares to clean up the sea voluntarily, especially over the past few months the temperatures are high between China and SEA countries over Spratly Islands.

Would be consistent though with an oxygen deprived brain not being able to concentrate as best it could

If he was oxygen deprived, and did pass out, the plane would continue on present course and just keep following the flight planned route..

No reason why he'd put the transponder to STBY.

Btw, on a 777, the cabin altitude indication is quite visible to the crew and, I have to check the logic, but for sure before it becomes toxic, there will be a warning .............

A Helios-styled decompression will bring out a Helios-style crash, somewhere near Beijing.

As such, I will rule out a slow decompression without any other factor.

The original WSJ article: http://goo.gl/BmWRH4 Comes with a very good graphic.

24315j7.jpg

Hopefully the search at Indian Ocean will yield some positive result. The US is getting very serious on this and sent US Kidd over Indian Ocean.

On a side note, I am very impressed with WSJ reporting thus far. Very detailed and easily comprehensible.

By the way, the airliners.net MH370 discussion page has reached 22 parts. Not to discredit our MH pilots, most of the airliners.net forum-ers is looking at deliberate act by either one of the pilot. All points are now directed towards the actions of the pilot. Could it be MI185 all over again? Really hope MRO is found soon.

Is there robust information that the aircraft did indeed provide information to the satellites for so long ?

Any credible source ?

I would like to know the info too. It seems like the US side knows more than we do. There are something that US is not telling us.

Don't understand why the news allegedly accusing Malaysian authorities are hiding something. Such a huge thing is too difficult to be hidden, especially by Malaysia Govt... how many nations are involving in the search? like 14? like super power nations such as China and USA can be duped by Malaysia authorities? I don't think so.

All were led by the frustration of 7 days of SAR that has led to nothing, not a single debris or clue could be found.

Don't understand why the news allegedly accusing Malaysian authorities are hiding something. Such a huge thing is too difficult to be hidden, especially by Malaysia Govt... how many nations are involving in the search? like 14? like super power nations such as China and USA can be duped by Malaysia authorities? I don't think so.

All were led by the frustration of 7 days of SAR that has led to nothing, not a single debris or clue could be found.

My interpretation is that the Malaysian authorities is not communicative enough and when being asked or challenged, their answers are always either denial or a blunt No, giving no reason or not elaboratice enough. How do you expect people to believe in you.

For example they said the plans did not fly westward and defending their pilot won't do that. They don't seemed open minded enough either. Worst, they will change their statement again and again and would not admit that they have the wrong info earlier. Would you believe them?

Seriously time is running out and there is no time for people giving inconsistent information. Let others who are able to deal with it take over.

A question was asked by one of the journalists to MAS CEO on ADs and SBs

Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins

What are the differences between Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins?

ANSWER: Airworthiness Directives (AD) are issued when the FAA finds that an unsafe condition exists in a product (aircraft, aircraft engine, propeller, or appliance.)

These AD's notify aircraft owners and operators of potential unsafe conditions and require special inspections, repairs, or alterations to correct the unsafe condition.

Service Bulletins (SB) are notices to aircraft operators from a manufacturer notifying them of a product improvement.

Alert service bulletins are issued by the manufacturer when a condition exists that the manufacturer feels is a safety related item as opposed to just a product improvement. These SB's usually result in the FAA issuing an AD. The AD will reference the alert service bulletin as a method of compliance with the airworthiness directive.

If a service bulletin is not an alert service bulletin or a bulletin referenced in an AD, it becomes optional and may or may not be incorporated by the operator.

Perhaps it's time for Boeing & RR to join the PC to deny any accusation of conspiracy.

Perhaps it's time for Boeing & RR to join the PC to deny any accusation of conspiracy.

First of all, did our PC team consulted them?

One thing that baffles me is the constant barrage from the government about netizens commenting on unverifiable sources which could jeopardised the SAR teams. Since when the SAR team take note of the postings of netizens?

One thing that baffles me is the constant barrage from the government about netizens commenting on unverifiable sources which could jeopardised the SAR teams. Since when the SAR team take note of the postings of netizens?

Since Chinese government official takes the info seriously to hammer the SAR team to go on a wild goose chase?

EXCLUSIVE-Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources

http://www.trust.org/item/20140314074853-wmctw/?source=shtw

The radars of other countries should be able to track the movement of MRO. Wouldn't India be kind enough to contribute to this investigation?

The US has a base in the middle of nowhere in The Indian Ocean. I would guess they should be in the know.

Edited by S V Choong