MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Flying below the radar is possible, navaids will still work. You can still fly the plane. Turn off the sqwak and circuit braker all the coms. But flying towards andaman sea would be highly unlikely caus of terains.so the ac has to climb to a safe altitude.and if u fly high ull b in the radar. The thing is we dont know if the ac did a 180 turn back or just a turn seemingly turning towards a 180 turn.as mentioned earlier by a poster, south of igari there is no one looking there.

In the case of AF447, the plane took a few minutes to fall into the sea after first registering the problem. Even though things started to look bleak, the crew did not issue a distress call. Reading the transcript, it didn't seem like it even crossed their mind. I wonder if is the same here. Confusion and then it was too late.

Smoking in MH cockpit is quite common.

Inviting blonde girls to the cockpit is also not unusual - one of my colleagues once told me that she got invited up to the cockpit a few times already - I did not believe her with all the security and all that, but once I traveled with her and then it happened, the captain spoke to her while in the pax lounge and then a steward came to fetch her before pushback... It was on one of the major European carriers...

I used to fly FY on LGK - PEN route back in 6 years ago. An Arabian tourist, wearing the Arabian usual white rob, was allowed to enter the cockpit to take picture in the midst of the flight. It has got everyone, especially the tourists, frantic and scared. My family and I were also shocked to learn this.

I used to fly FY on LGK - PEN route back in 6 years ago. An Arabian tourist, wearing the Arabian usual white rob, was allowed to enter the cockpit to take picture in the midst of the flight. It has got everyone, especially the tourists, frantic and scared. My family and I were also shocked to learn this.

On the F50?

Even though things started to look bleak, the crew did not issue a distress call. Reading the transcript, it didn't seem like it even crossed their mind.

Priority for pilots: Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. In that order.

The AF pilots were trying to Aviate first, which obviously we know now didn't result in a favourable outcome.

This bit of revelation about the Malaysian military having tracked MH370 over to Pulau Perak, made known only now, isn't going to go down well one bit with all the parties on the other side of the Malay Peninsula who have for the last few days wasted time, effort and resources on what could possibly be the biggest wild goose chase in history

Note that the Chinese yesterday were particularly stern in their request for a step up in search efforts from Malaysia - I will speculate they know the Malaysian military knows something they were not telling

Edited by BC Tam

If it is indeed true that military knows something, not telling the SAR and wasting everyone's time, then we can forget whatever foreign ties with other countries already. it is tantamount to telling a lie on international level, people will not trust you anymore.

I've sat in a Firefly F-50 cockpit whose Captain smoked in the cockpit. Smoking is illegal in anywhere in the aircraft, right?

Yes smoking is not permitted in any part of the airplane but being commanders, they usually are the first one to break the rules and don't give a damn about it

MAS used to fly KUL-SIN-PEN-LGK-PEN-SIN-KUL on B737-400 also.

My question was really about the FY photo-taking...if on the AT7, how would one know the guest was taking photos in the cockpit, given the cargo bay? Hence, the question whether it was the F50 6 yrs ago?

In the late morning press release (11th media statement) by MH today, the following was stated: "[...] The authorities are looking at a possibility of an attempt made by MH370 to turn back to Subang."

Now, given that the flight originated from KLIA - why the "turn back" to Subang if it did not even originate from there? - You cannot return to a place which you did not originate from in the first place.

Secondly, if that is just a poor choice of words, then why "Subang"? Is there anything in the SOP which suggests/ recommends that tech crew are to head to Subang/ SZB instead of KUL (if possible) if there is a threat onboard (so as not to disrupt normal, relatively busier traffic at KUL)?

Thirdly, am I just over-analysing the PR?

On a separate topic, what do you guys and gals make out of the story today that military primary radar detected the aircraft as far west as Pulau Perak? Why only today?

Was it because TUDM needed time to analyse some raw data?

Or it was simply a case of the "lights are on but nobody's home"? i.e. nobody is really manning the screens as there are no known threats...or somebody was supposed to be manning the screens but didn't/ felt asleep/ spend time in the loo due to diarrhea/ was busy updating one's FB etc?

Or the TUDM couldnt come clean earlier as it would reveal their operational capacity/ readiness (or lack of) or a patchy coverage?

So what do you guys think? AN attempt at covering "kemaluan"nya?

My question was really about the FY photo-taking...if on the AT7, how would one know the guest was taking photos in the cockpit, given the cargo bay? Hence, the question whether it was the F50 6 yrs ago?

I think all F50s were gone then except Maswings! Correct?

I think all F50s were gone then except Maswings! Correct?

On F50 that I know of.

Marang folk: We heard loud noise at time MH307 vanished

Eight villagers in Marang lodged police reports today claiming that they had heard a loud noise last Saturday coming from the direction of Pulau Kapas and believed it was linked to the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight on that day.

Priority for pilots: Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. In that order.

The AF pilots were trying to Aviate first, which obviously we know now didn't result in a favourable outcome.

The pilots in the AF plane was totally disoriented and the aircraft at one point of time was inverted.

Without daylight, the tech crew cannot tell from land/sky, and was counter-acting against the plane's wrong input. Pilots were steering the opposite direction. No time at all to issue distress call. But the plane's ACARS continues to transmit, and its transponders too. So.... what happen to our MH370?

If it is indeed true that military knows something, not telling the SAR and wasting everyone's time, then we can forget whatever foreign ties with other countries already. it is tantamount to telling a lie on international level, people will not trust you anymore.

Most likely they were not sure whether the dot is on their radar is MH370 or not, and probably too that someone missed that dot while on duty. Of course if it is, the army will not admit to it as its too embarrassing. However, as the saying goes, paper can't wrap fire. So, it has to come out because if really MH370 is discovered in north Sumatra, a lot of questions will be raised on our air sovereignty and control. The scenario will even be worse if it was found to be found out that way.

Marang folk: We heard loud noise at time MH307 vanished

Eight villagers in Marang lodged police reports today claiming that they had heard a loud noise last Saturday coming from the direction of Pulau Kapas and believed it was linked to the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight on that day.

Any info is most appreciate and there's no harm or lost to scour that area since the flotilla of sea vessels are already there. Let's hope this time around, we can find some evidence of the plane's existence.

Pray hard for a miracle.

I hope that military chap is right cuz God helps him if he's wrong.

Let's play a game, how long do you think the army will retract the statement that they had traced MH370 to Straits of Malacca?? Let's place a bet.

Just now, the IGP contradicted his statement with DCA of the 5 pax whose luggages were offloaded. The IGP said all went onboard........hmm.......we are looking at a circus show.......what's next, musical chairs??

Nah, not happening. If it ever happens, the PM would know and if he knows and that's really going to upset the big nation like China, he won't have the mood brandishing the RM 1 chicken at the market. Don't speculate things like that.

Dzirhan Mahadzir @DzirhanDefence 57m
RMAF in midst of preparing official statement on the Berita Harian claim

Let's play a game, how long do you think the army will retract the statement that they had traced MH370 to Straits of Malacca?? Let's place a bet.

Just now, the IGP contradicted his statement with DCA of the 5 pax whose luggages were offloaded. The IGP said all went onboard........hmm.......we are looking at a circus show.......what's next, musical chairs??

I've been following this thread all these while and just want to chime in. I was in the forward part of the B738 cabin and I smelled cigarette smoke. I asked my seat mate and she agreed that it's smoke. I called the crew and told them about the smoke and they told me they didn't smell anything and a few minutes later, the cabin crew came around spraying WHO approved air disinfectant. Can someone smoke in the plane? Most likely not - but did someone? Absolutely.

PS: I have absolutely no qualms about flying MH even after this incident. In fact, I am flying them this week to LHR.

Edited by Craig

I've been scouring news websites and so far most quoted the Berita Harian quoted (see the double quotation there) the Air Force chief that the military tracked the plane to Pulau Perak...

So being Berita Harian (or Hairan for that matter) I'll take it with a pinch (or a table spoon) of salt...

Anyone have any direct knowledge to what was actually being said by the Air Force chief?

Edited by Najib Ramli

What actually the people want is some assurance from the authorities eg..background checked and found to be just ordinary folks etc. Not trying to be defensive saying that their bags have been removed in accordance to aviation security protocol etc etc..

Folks need to know whether these people have anything to do with the disappearance of the aircraft or not.

And now, IGP say they are on board. So, why was it mentioned that they did not go on board etc.? What prompted this statement?

What actually the people want is some assurance from the authorities eg..background checked and found to be just ordinary folks etc. Not trying to be defensive saying that their bags have been removed in accordance to aviation security protocol etc etc..

Folks need to know whether these people have anything to do with the disappearance of the aircraft or not.

And now, IGP say they are on board. So, why was it mentioned that they did not go on board etc.? What prompted this statement?

Am very confused........

Assuming MH370 did fly towards Pulau Perak.... TUDM Butterworth would hv detected it and so does PEN radar........but why the silence till now ?

Also, can anyone confirm if TUDM has any station / post up at Penang Hill ? If yes and if it is some kind of Listening post, then we would have pick up some kind of signal, am I correct ?

I'm saying this as I sometimes cycle up to Penang Hill fr Botanical Gardens tar road and have come across a few times TUDM personnel on motorbikes or vehicles goin up and down that road...