MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

I can understand them referring to social media since some of the SAR members might also be actively connected to cyberspace, and you just have to "verify" every clue available. Supposedly you lost something important, and then someone just mention "I think I saw it somewhere", you would have search there first, although in this case I do believe they didn't abandon the original plan while considering the new clue.

The issue now is that there are too many false alarm and I really wonder who is doing this. From the landing at Nanning, to the mistaken debris supposedly from the Chinese satellite. I am wondering could the rumour about landing in Nanning a diversion? If they didn't bother about any of these clue, people will ask why. Yet when they found nothing based on the clue, they don't have a clue. I mean serious - WTF! Do these people like putting others on a wild goose chase? Even reputable news media from all over the world got it wrong!

The right protocol would be to verify with the Chinese or Vietnamese or whoever that the source is reported to be from, and that takes time. Sorry guys but irresponsible posting does delay Search and Recovery effort. Resources are limited. Surely we don't expect US to deploy all their CVNs here to help look for 1 aircraft.

Indeed!

RT @JulieMakLAT: Everyone in Asia seems to believe Washington knows where Malaysia Airlines #MH370 is, but doesnt want to disclose more US surveillance tech

Was their last word "Alright"?

That is non-standard. Capt Zaharie is an Authorized Examiner, don't think he will answer "Alright". Not with the type of flying he was doing anyway.

I read somewhere the other day..it mention that the last conversation by the capt. was "OK, goodnight"...and in TheStar it said "Alright, goodnight"..where does both news agency got such information? didn't recall it was mentioned in the PC...hmmm...

Capt Nik Huzlan on Astro Awani now. Interesting stuff to be discussed.

One of the effect of 9/11 was the reinforced cockpit door, and CDSS (cockpit door surveillance system) becomes mandatory.

I think after this there will be a new system where the transponder cannot be turned off in flight. Maybe the altitude reporting feature can be enabled by the air/ground sensor, the on/off by aircraft movement and code selection by the CDU.

One of the effect of 9/11 was the reinforced cockpit door, and CDSS (cockpit door surveillance system) becomes mandatory.

I think after this there will be a new system where the transponder cannot be turned off in flight. Maybe the altitude reporting feature can be enabled by the air/ground sensor, the on/off by aircraft movement and code selection by the CDU.

Not even the circuit breaker?

Inmarsat is the source, that's very credible. So is it the satellite phone system on the plane pinging the Inmarsat satellites, just like a cellphone pinging the cellular base stations?

Inmarsat is the source, that's very credible. So is it the satellite phone system on the plane pinging the Inmarsat satellites, just like a cellphone pinging the cellular base stations?

I read Inmarsat's statement - it's rather vague & did not mention whether the signal was received after radar loss. All it said was "Routine, automated signals were registered on the Inmarsat network from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 during its flight from Kuala Lumpur"

http://www.inmarsat.com/news/inmarsat-statement-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370/

I read Inmarsat's statement - it's rather vague & did not mention whether the signal was received after radar loss. All it said was "Routine, automated signals were registered on the Inmarsat network from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 during its flight from Kuala Lumpur"

http://www.inmarsat.com/news/inmarsat-statement-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370/

That's consistent with satphone system pinging to update itself. You cellphone does it every few minutes so that the cellular system knows where you are and how to route your traffic.

Malaysia says it has asked neighbouring countries for their radar data, but has not confirmed receiving the information. Indonesian and Thai authorities said on Friday they had not received an official request for such data from Malaysia.

Interesting ..... wonder how official the request has to be, at foreign ministries level ?

Interesting ..... wonder how official the request has to be, at foreign ministries level ?

Diplomatic note, deliver by our ambassador to their MoFA.

Care to elaborate? Looks like VOR stations, but I don't read French.

By google translate... Errors in translation is expected.

The United States they are the situation in hand? It is in any case what the White House last night came news: the search area of ​​the plane of the Malaysia Airlines disappeared there six days could be extended to the Indian Ocean, said a spokesman for the American Presidency.

Information coming from the White House

Carefully and weighing each word, the spokesman said the conditional:

"I understand that according to new information that is not necessarily conclusive - but new - an area of ​​further research could be opened in the Indian Ocean."

The nature of this new information has not been revealed.

According to U.S. sources, the Boeing 777 Malaysia Airlines would continue to send signals ("pings") 4 or 5 hours after his disappearance from radar Malays.

But these signals does not give any precise information on the location of the aircraft. They are simply transmitted by the satellite "modem" Boeing 777 awaiting transmission. Other means of communication were inoperative, either intentionally or accidentally.

These signals emitted at regular intervals, inform investigators that the aircraft was capable of communicating after his disappearance from radar screens, but does not say if it was in flight or on the ground.

However, this new information does not provide any answer to what happened inside the MH370 flight: technical failures, or other misuse.

The extension of the search area

U.S. intelligence services have analyzed the pings received by communication satellites and have concluded that they could reach 777 Malaysia Airlines.

According to radar data, the action radius of the device, and probably the situation of satellites receiving pings, investigators focus their investigations into the Indian Ocean.

Confirmed today by the Malaysian authorities, the extension of the area of ​​research indicates that the device would have changed course westward after its last communication over the Gulf of Thailand, to fly the Malay Peninsula and the Strait of Malacca, the opposite of his way to Beijing.

Why? The question remains unanswered and can lead to all sorts of speculation.

Transport Minister of Malaysia has refused to confirm that it was not a diversion. He said that all assumptions were considered.

According to Reuters, citing unnamed sources, the Boeing 777 have sailed towards the Andaman Islands, located in the Bay of Bengal (see map above)

As for the news channel CNN, she cites U.S. officials who believe probable that at present the plane lies at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

Unprecedented ways

Considered "normal" by the Malay authorities after the failure of the first missions, expanding the search area complicates the task of investigators because of the vastness of the Indian Ocean and the depth of the seabed.

But never as important means had been used to find a missing device: in total, 57 ships and 48 aircraft from 13 different countries who are looking for the MH370 flight.

The United States Navy has deployed a plane area for further research: a P-8A came to the reinforcement of the P-3 Orion already mission.

The destroyer Kidd left the Gulf of Thailand to join the north-western part of the Strait of Malacca, at the junction with the Indian Ocean.

The Indian Navy has also deployed several ships, planes and helicopters from its bases on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

Despite these unprecedented efforts, flight MH370 and its 239 passengers are still found almost a week after his disappearance.

Edited by eddy liew

My question regarding refuelling record for MH370 at KLIA was if the plane carry more fuel than it claims, then the flying range will be longer.....endless possibilities